Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows 11

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The overwhelming report is that Windows 11 works fine. Most problems were caused by not knowing how to operate the system. A few patches corrected the rest.

"Phishing" involves attacking the weakest part of your security system: you. Phishing attacks often send official-looking forms and statements requiring you to sign in when you didn't have to sign in before. And one tech site warns that as new users get Windows 11, they might be tricked into giving away their passwords, because you really do have to sign into many familiar sites when you get a new operating system.
Don't I have to sign in to familiar sites every time I visit?? I do.

And sometimes I clean out the cookies,,,
Isn't this the same as having to sign in too?

PS I keep my operating system till my computer slows down or stops functioning. I think I'm using windows 8 right now but can't check...on a phone.

I tried signing into the Insiders thing but still am looking for a download button :sad
I downloaded it onto a flash drive and wiped my system. I’ve never been big on upgrades between major versions, but that’s just me getting a nasty taste going from 95 to 98 then Xp

I downloaded it onto a flash drive and wiped my system. I’ve never been big on upgrades between major versions, but that’s just me getting a nasty taste going from 95 to 98 then Xp
I just had to wipe clean my laptop after fouling it up fiddling with driver cleaners. Now last night Win 11 shows up on the Win update page, so hopefully I won’t have to go through another full install, apps and all.

I just had to wipe clean my laptop after fouling it up fiddling with driver cleaners. Now last night Win 11 shows up on the Win update page, so hopefully I won’t have to go through another full install, apps and all.
App installs are not a big deal for me and all my data and most of my settings are in the Microsoft cloud. Makes rebuilds a snap!

App installs are not a big deal for me and all my data and most of my settings are in the Microsoft cloud. Makes rebuilds a snap!
Win 11 didn't mess with my apps. How do you get your settings and apps into the cloud? also, What is their size limit?

Win 11 didn't mess with my apps. How do you get your settings and apps into the cloud? also, What is their size limit?
OneDrive. It comes with an Outlook.com or previously known as a hotmail.com email.
I actually purchased office 365 and it came with a terabyte. If you don't have a purchase plan, you'll still get 5 gig free.
There are other perks to having an outlook account that you use to log into your pc. First, it backs up all of your settings and files to the cloud, so you never have to worry about loosing your bookmarks or desktop settings. Also, you can download the onedrive and outllook app on your phone and get access to all your files from you phone etc.
I've been pretty happy with it .

OneDrive. It comes with an Outlook.com or previously known as a hotmail.com email.
I actually purchased office 365 and it came with a terabyte. If you don't have a purchase plan, you'll still get 5 gig free.
There are other perks to having an outlook account that you use to log into your pc. First, it backs up all of your settings and files to the cloud, so you never have to worry about loosing your bookmarks or desktop settings. Also, you can download the onedrive and outllook app on your phone and get access to all your files from you phone etc.
I've been pretty happy with it .
Thank you, I'll seriously look into it.

Microsoft has its Windows 11 fans upset.

MS will soon bring out a new security tool for 11 that will scan all third-party downloads and will refuse to install downloads that MS considers unsafe--you will have no choice in the matter. Current 11 users will have to do a clean install of 11 to get it. New computers with 11 already installed will already have it.

Microsoft has its Windows 11 fans upset.

MS will soon bring out a new security tool for 11 that will scan all third-party downloads and will refuse to install downloads that MS considers unsafe--you will have no choice in the matter. Current 11 users will have to do a clean install of 11 to get it. New computers with 11 already installed will already have it.
hmm, wonder if there is a way to uninstall 11 and reinstall 10. Also, what release # of 11 will that be?

Microsoft won't release figures showing how popular Windows 11 is, but online stat counters show it to be disappointingly low.

Higher-end users are the most common, but the average SEEMS to be 8.57% of all Windows users are using 11.

On the bright side, most users are happy with it.

My advice? Don't worry about it. It's mostly Windows 10 with the furniture re-arranged.

My adorable wife suddenly panicked when her computer lost all contact with the internet, along with losing all her contacts. I got upset at all the problems we're been having with her Apple iPad, when she pointed out that it was her Windows computer.

Oh," I said. "Just reboot."

Problem solved.

"Phishing" involves attacking the weakest part of your security system: you. Phishing attacks often send official-looking forms and statements requiring you to sign in when you didn't have to sign in before. And one tech site warns that as new users get Windows 11, they might be tricked into giving away their passwords, because you really do have to sign into many familiar sites when you get a new operating system.
My husband works in IT and he does not like Windows 11 at all.

Back