Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women - Wisdom vs. Adulteress

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Eve bore the "flesh or human portion/seed" of Jesus. So don't be too hard on her. Jesus may not like to have his great great--- grand mom slurred?

Gen. 3:
15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The same sight goes to Adam. Luke 3:38, directly linking Jesus to Adam.

So, caution is the order of the day for ALL viewers.
I think Jesus wouldn't mind acknowledging what really happened in the garden. He had to come and undo it all. Sometimes in our families we have to undo the past hurts.

Here is what a woman with wisdom does: John 2:5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tell you."

Eve didn't really believe what God had said, and believed the "Father of Lies". This is not good.

I think Jesus wouldn't mind acknowledging what really happened in the garden. He had to come and undo it all. Sometimes in our families we have to undo the past hurts.

Here is what a woman with wisdom does: John 2:5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tell you."

Eve didn't really believe what God had said, and believed the "Father of Lies". This is not good.

I really really doubt that Jesus is going to toss His own parental lineage in the LoF quite frankly. There is zero indications in the scriptures that this will be the case. The Last ADAM shows up again in 1 Cor. 15 in any case.

In Proverbs, it's like Solomon is giving 2 women to follow. Wisdom or the Adulteress, like a Spiritual standing. Eve's actions led to death and the Adulteress has the same fate.

Genesis 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

Eve knew she shouldn't eat from this and she did anyway. Just like an Adulteress knows she shouldn't cheat and she does anyway.
The bible gives a general revelation which could be ongoing. It's for everyone and churches teach this type of revelation. Using exegesis and hermeneutics some scripture could be interpreted differently, but the biblical concepts achieved from study can be clearly shown from scripture.

I believe that what you're presenting is personal revelation. God might have a word for us that is only for us - most of the time to help us understand something better, nothing that goes against the word of God but that is necessary for our own personal growth.

The way you understand Proverbs 2:16 would be a personal revelation. I've never heard any church teach that Eve was an adultress. I'm sorry, by ANY, I mean any mainline church; I cannot speak to the thousands that are in existence.

The "woman" is clearly a stranger that is not of the Hebrew faith. Or she could be an apostate, abandoning her religion for another and thus is called an adultress.

In fact, "stranger" has different meanings in Hebrew. It could mean "apostate" or "foreign". Verse 17. She forgets the Covenant with her God. She is an apostate and an adultress.

I don't see how the jump could be made that it's speaking about Eve. She never left her husband, or her land. What she did do was disobey God. If I follow your line of reasoning, I'd be an adultress because I sin.

Wondering

The Cross of Jesus Christ (the blood of Jesus Christ) equals the finished work of Jesus Christ. The Cross of Christ is the POWER OF GOD for us who are being saved. 1 Corinthians 1:17-18 NKJV

Yes, the cross is the finished works of Jesus, but it is also the power of God unto us which are saved, not being saved. When we become Spiritually born again, John 3:3-6, we also receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that empowers us, Acts 1:8, to pick up our cross and continue in the works of Jesus preaching the Gospel of Christ to those who need to hear the message of the cross. It's the blood of Christ that washes our sins away as our inner man is Spiritually renewed and prepared to pick up our cross.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Eve was an adulteress in the fact that she believed a lie through Satan using a serpent to entice her as she saw the fruit pleasant and enticing to her, which is a form of adultery as she choose the lie (sin) over that of Gods command as she made the fruit (serpents lie) her god. Genesis 3:4-6. It's the same with Israel who followed the lies of Judaism (Satan's lies) and followed after other gods forsaking the commands of God.

We know Adam and Eve did not immediately die when they ate of the Tree of Knowledge, but what died was their fellowship with God in the garden where they were kept by Gods provision and for the consequences of their sin. God cast them out of the garden and placed them on cursed ground. I do believe they did turn back to God in repentance as God clothed them before He sent them out into the world. If they would have died in their sin then there would have never been a Godly line where by Jesus was birthed through.

Yes, the cross is the finished works of Jesus, but it is also the power of God unto us which are saved, not being saved.
If you have been born again, you are being saved. Sanctification is a lifetime process until glorification happens. We are moving from faith to faith and glory to glory by being transformed into the image of Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 1:17, 2 Corinthians 3:18). We also grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ while we are being saved (2 Peter 3:18).

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV

Last edited:
If you have been born again, you are being saved. Sanctification is a lifetime process until glorification happens. We are moving from faith to faith and glory to glory by being transformed into the image of Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 1:17, 2 Corinthians 3:18). We also grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ while we are being saved (2 Peter 3:18).

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

I can agree with this and as much as I enjoyed our conversation and would like to add more I believe we are getting off topic and need to respect that of the OP. God bless and keep you.

Eve was an adulteress in the fact that she believed a lie through Satan using a serpent to entice her as she saw the fruit pleasant and enticing to her, which is a form of adultery as she choose the lie (sin) over that of Gods command as she made the fruit (serpents lie) her god. Genesis 3:4-6. It's the same with Israel who followed the lies of Judaism (Satan's lies) and followed after other gods forsaking the commands of God.

We know Adam and Eve did not immediately die when they ate of the Tree of Knowledge, but what died was their fellowship with God in the garden where they were kept by Gods provision and for the consequences of their sin. God cast them out of the garden and placed them on cursed ground. I do believe they did turn back to God in repentance as God clothed them before He sent them out into the world. If they would have died in their sin then there would have never been a Godly line where by Jesus was birthed through.
Do you know of a church that teaches that Eve was an adultress?
Adultery could possibly be understood by one leaving ones religion for a different one. You are leaving one "body" for another "body" - this could be called adultery, or religious adultery.

In your first paragraph you correctly show that Eve chose Satan's lie over the command of God.
I do this every day. Do you never sin? This is sin. Eve SINNED.
She did not commit adultery.
I've just never heard this and would appreciate it if you could show me how this could be understood from scripture.

For Eve to have been an adultress, she would have had to have an adulteress relationship with someone. There was no one around except satan. Do you think she had relations with satan??!

Please supply scripture.

Wondering

Do you know of a church that teaches that Eve was an adultress?
Adultery could possibly be understood by one leaving ones religion for a different one. You are leaving one "body" for another "body" - this could be called adultery, or religious adultery.

In your first paragraph you correctly show that Eve chose Satan's lie over the command of God.
I do this every day. Do you never sin? This is sin. Eve SINNED.
She did not commit adultery.
I've just never heard this and would appreciate it if you could show me how this could be understood from scripture.

For Eve to have been an adultress, she would have had to have an adulteress relationship with someone. There was no one around except satan. Do you think she had relations with satan??!

Please supply scripture.

Wondering
I explained that in post #18 with scriptures. What made me think of this was God divorcing Israel in Jeremiah 3:8,9 and God casting Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden in Genesis 3:17-19.

I explained that in post #18 with scriptures. What made me think of this was God divorcing Israel in Jeremiah 3:8,9 and God casting Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden in Genesis 3:17-19.
I went back and read your post no. 18
I still don't see how you could say, scripturally, that Eve was an adulteress.

Here are your scriptures:

Judges 2:11-17
The children of Israel were serving Baalim. They followed another God. This is spiritual adultery - I had said this in my post and it can be used this way - but Eve did NOT worship another God. She DISOBEYED God's command to Adam, and thus to her.

Hosea 1:1-3
Ditto as above. The Israelites were worshipping Caananite dieties.

Revelation 17:1-5
Babylon is the harlot. Babylon represents the world. This represents our preferring the world over God.
Again, spiritual adultery.

James 4:4
Ditto as above. James is saying we can be spiritually unfaithful by loving the world more than God.

Revelation 2:14
People were holding to the teachings of Balaam - a diety other than the Living God.

All your scriptural examples go to idolatry, but which is also referred to as spiritual adultery. This is correct and a normally accepted biblical concept.

You say in post 18 that Eve enticed Adam. So? How is that adultery?

I believe it's really incorrect to call Eve an adulteress.

You're going to have to tell me with whom she committed adultery.

Wondering

I went back and read your post no. 18
I still don't see how you could say, scripturally, that Eve was an adulteress.

Here are your scriptures:

Judges 2:11-17
The children of Israel were serving Baalim. They followed another God. This is spiritual adultery - I had said this in my post and it can be used this way - but Eve did NOT worship another God. She DISOBEYED God's command to Adam, and thus to her.

Hosea 1:1-3
Ditto as above. The Israelites were worshipping Caananite dieties.

Revelation 17:1-5
Babylon is the harlot. Babylon represents the world. This represents our preferring the world over God.
Again, spiritual adultery.

James 4:4
Ditto as above. James is saying we can be spiritually unfaithful by loving the world more than God.

Revelation 2:14
People were holding to the teachings of Balaam - a diety other than the Living God.

All your scriptural examples go to idolatry, but which is also referred to as spiritual adultery. This is correct and a normally accepted biblical concept.

You say in post 18 that Eve enticed Adam. So? How is that adultery?

I believe it's really incorrect to call Eve an adulteress.

You're going to have to tell me with whom she committed adultery.

Wondering
Not that Eve was an adulteress in the physical sense, but Eve was an adulteress in the sense of the word itself that she was unfaithful to God as she believed the serpents lie and did eat. She was following another god making the lie of the serpent her idol just as Israel fell to other gods making them their idols. When she saw the fruit it was pleasant to her eyes and something she desired even though it was forbidden by God. and she not only ate the fruit, but also caused Adam to be unfaithful as she gave him to eat. Anything we put above God becomes our idol and that is why I said the serpent was her idol as she believed what he said.

Not that Eve was an adulteress in the physical sense, but Eve was an adulteress in the sense of the word itself that she was unfaithful to God as she believed the serpents lie and did eat. She was following another god making the lie of the serpent her idol just as Israel fell to other gods making them their idols. When she saw the fruit it was pleasant to her eyes and something she desired even though it was forbidden by God. and she not only ate the fruit, but also caused Adam to be unfaithful as she gave him to eat. Anything we put above God becomes our idol and that is why I said the serpent was her idol as she believed what he said.
Hi FHG,
I understand how you're reasoning this through. I think it's wise to be careful how we word concepts. I'll tell you why.
First of all, there's a group of Christians that believes Eve had relations with satan, or something like that - I really don't want to know too much about this since it's so repugnant to me. They'll say that this is why we have sin - because satan is the father. Or some other such sick idea.

Secondly, there are some older Christians who never studied scripture and who will tell you that Eve's sin is having physical relations with Adam. I'd like to see this idea disappear too.

Neither of the above are your responsibility - I'm just saying that we should be careful with our words.

Eve did NOT abandon God for another god. We have ALL been unfaithful to God in the same way Eve was.
By not obeying Him, by not following Him. 99% of Christians do not abandon God for another God. See what I mean?

Eve did not commit spriritual adultery. She committed a sin, she disobeyed God, just like we do all the time.
We also are not adulterers, as were the Isreailites that worshipped other gods.

Another way of understanding what you're saying is that satan would then necessarily have to be a god. Which he is not. He is a created being. God is not a created being.

I hope you understand my point and I wish you'd stop saying that Eve is an adulteress.

Please give this some more thought.

Wondering

Hi FHG,
I understand how you're reasoning this through. I think it's wise to be careful how we word concepts. I'll tell you why.
First of all, there's a group of Christians that believes Eve had relations with satan, or something like that - I really don't want to know too much about this since it's so repugnant to me. They'll say that this is why we have sin - because satan is the father. Or some other such sick idea.

Secondly, there are some older Christians who never studied scripture and who will tell you that Eve's sin is having physical relations with Adam. I'd like to see this idea disappear too.

Neither of the above are your responsibility - I'm just saying that we should be careful with our words.

Eve did NOT abandon God for another god. We have ALL been unfaithful to God in the same way Eve was.
By not obeying Him, by not following Him. 99% of Christians do not abandon God for another God. See what I mean?

Eve did not commit spriritual adultery. She committed a sin, she disobeyed God, just like we do all the time.
We also are not adulterers, as were the Isreailites that worshipped other gods.

Another way of understanding what you're saying is that satan would then necessarily have to be a god. Which he is not. He is a created being. God is not a created being.

I hope you understand my point and I wish you'd stop saying that Eve is an adulteress.

Please give this some more thought.

Wondering
I see your concern and I never said Eve was an adulteress. Many things are likened to other things within the explanation, but does not mean it's the reality of that certain thing, but only likened in its translation for one to understand its meaning.
BTW Satan did claim to be his own god, Isaiah 14:12-15.

I see your concern and I never said Eve was an adulteress. Many things are likened to other things within the explanation, but does not mean it's the reality of that certain thing, but only likened in its translation for one to understand its meaning.
BTW Satan did claim to be his own god, Isaiah 14:12-15.
But that doesn't mean he was!

Thanks for your consideration of my posts.
I know what you mean by things likened, foreshadowings, etc.
I just thought it was a dangerous translation...

Wondering

Ah. Clarifying the context can make a world of difference.
In math, you wouldn't imply 2+ 2= 4
You would assign the sum of the operands in conjunction with the operator.
In the same way,
Answer = "response to the question"
In other words, answer is assigned the value of the response to the question.
It's not implied. It's explicit

What's baffling is Adam refers to Eve as the Mother of all living and befor the fall she was flesh of his flesh, bone of his bone. yet not all that live are children of the devil so how can she be Satan? Let alone an Adulturer.
2 Cor 11 says Eve was beguiled. There is no inference she is the Devil.

There is a vast difference between willful sin and sin committed in ignorance.
Adam willfully sinned which is why Scripture states that death came through Adam.

Do we now call Adam Satan? Or do we elevate ignorant sin above willful sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back