Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you date a ' Liberal' or 'Evangelical ' Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A bigot is a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Is there something about this definition that you don't understand?
annoying-married-with-children.gif

What a bizarre rant!!!

I'm putting you on "ignore" until you become a reasonable person instead of being consumed by hatred. Jesus said to love you neighbor as yourself, but you apparently have no need to follow His teaching.

Why have you been duped by right wing propaganda? The artisans of this hate campaign are destroying this country. They are undoubtedly following Putin's directions.

The right has done nothing right either. They're both of the same coin and just as evil. But don't ever defend the left because they don't want to leave Americans alone either, they are evil in what they do. They openly worship Satan. I for a time was a conservative but since Republicans are no better than the Democrats they all are corrupt, they won't even stop this excessive push to end gas cars. They pretend to like they do with everything else. They don't solve anything. I don't trust any politician and Americans are basically on their own.

So it's bigotry if.

Guy ,loves guns,muscle cars ,hunts and or fishes ,eats all his kills or catches and shares if others hunt with him and or pay him for what he doesn't eat .his jobs may but not necessarily be trade types .prefers not to pay a babysitter simply so his wife to be can be the mother and rear his kids .

The girl ,a vegan ,believes that hunting any animal is should be unlawful ,we should grow our food naturally without pesticide .owns a hybrid and or ev. Believes abortion is a right ,supports the lbgt.doesnt want children or ,doesn't believe in large families .

Those two should work that out?!

Now I know there's a stereotype and it's often more grey as my step daughter has a garden ,hunts and fishes .pro gun .builds and also has bad luck with men.isnt quite a feminist but a tomboy and also not also a conservative.

I will probably have a range day when she visits as she posseses a ccl and has traveled with that piece a few times in her truck.she will also camp and enjoys the outdoors

I'm pro 2a,nearly believe in the days before the atf type three or four license and yet dont care for hunting or fishing much .the army well I spend enough time in the woods that I don't need to be that communal with the trees . Showered in the woods a few times ,dig holes to move bowels as well.camping to me simply isn't fun.

I will hike .I out walked jaci on chimney Rock . We walked several paths .

It's sad but today we are so divided that we have two camps and no middle ground . That I believe is what the responses must address .

It's sad but today we are so divided that we have two camps and no middle ground . That I believe is what the responses must address .
There are not two camps and no middle ground. There is a whole spectrum of opinions on a variety of subjects, but unfortunately some like to think of themselves as having the truth and everyone else is deceived and/or evil. It is, of course, nonsense, but Trump started this bifurcation of us vs them and many people who should know better have bought into this unChristian fallacy.

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and used a despised Samaritan to be the prime example of this teaching. Any thinking to the contrary is based in pride. People should read the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector and take it to heart.

Except this one, apparently.
Are you in the habit of editing what others wrote? Here is what I wrote: There is a whole spectrum of opinions on a variety of subjects, but unfortunately some like to think of themselves as having the truth and everyone else is deceived and/or evil."

Do you disagree with that?

jasonc we are so divided we are not in the same reality anymore. And you got people blaming Trump for it. Trump wasn't the cause, he was put into office to try to wake people up. It didn't happen, instead you have Christians who hate this guy. Not looking at it it's the fact, America deserved Trump. Specifically it was to try and stop what the left keeps doing to the American people.

It was a long time coming with the evil they're doing. They didn't learn, instead they got worse. Why do people still like Trump, it's because of the left. The corrupt politicians, the manipulating media. We had these problems long before Trump. Starting with Obama and Bush. But we don't hate the corruption in the White House, just Trump.

If that's not enough we're using our own religion to excuse the evil. These people celebrate it and have it in our schools now disguised as a "positive after school activity" using a demonic statue/symbol. Sorry, interacting with a left/liberal is not my style.

Are you in the habit of editing what others wrote? Here is what I wrote: There is a whole spectrum of opinions on a variety of subjects, but unfortunately some like to think of themselves as having the truth and everyone else is deceived and/or evil."

Do you disagree with that?
No. It perfectly describes today's liberals.

It wasn't a liberal who started this thread of unwarranted bigotry.
That is a perfect example of the problem! Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Why do you clearly disagree with Jesus' teaching (which is from the Old Testament)?

Your judgement of others who are aligned with your political rigidity is unChristian.

It wasn't a liberal who started this thread of unwarranted bigotry.
Lol.

That is a perfect example of the problem! Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Why do you clearly disagree with Jesus' teaching (which is from the Old Testament)?
I don't.

Your judgement of others who are aligned with your political rigidity is unChristian.
Says the guy that labels everyone that doesn't think like them a bigot.

Lol.

I don't.

Says the guy that labels everyone that doesn't think like them a bigot.
So when Jesus said in Matthew 7:1, "Do not judge, so that you may not be judged" that doesn't apply to people like yourself who write judgmental statements about people whom they have never met. YOU are the one that labels everyone that doesn't think like them a bigot,

Go ahead, continue in your sinful thinking. You will have to answer to the Lord for your unwarranted condemnation of people whom you've never met.

So when Jesus said in Matthew 7:1, "Do not judge, so that you may not be judged" that doesn't apply to people like yourself who write judgmental statements about people whom they have never met. YOU are the one that labels everyone that doesn't think like them a bigot,
All evidence to the contrary.

Go ahead, continue in your sinful thinking. You will have to answer to the Lord for your unwarranted condemnation of people whom you've never met.
I will simply point him to this thread.

All evidence to the contrary.

I will simply point him to this thread.
Yet I'm sure he wouldn't date a fascist .

My problem is not so much that political of what safety net or regulation but more so what is morally right would create an issue .

Yet I'm sure he wouldn't date a fascist .

My problem is not so much that political of what safety net or regulation but more so what is morally right would create an issue .
I wouldn't date anyone, since I've been happily married for 53 years. BTW, my best friend is very conservative in his political views. I judge people by the attitude of their heart, not their ideology.

Saw this on another forum so have pinched the idea.
What ever you take on Christianity if you are single, or when you were single.
Would you have dated a Christian from another part/side of Christianity.
Example if a staunch Roman Catholic would you have gone out with a committed Calvinist?
Or if a wishy washy liberal would you go out with a fervent evangelical?
If a convinced no tongues etc go out with a fervent speaker in tongues?

How would you deal with the difference in your beliefs?

Imagine that you really, really like this other Christian what would happen?
I believe that a true Christian should date a true believer of Christ but if you are of different denomination you should sit down and discuss your difference

Back