Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you date a ' Liberal' or 'Evangelical ' Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Then you need to talk to more liberals. I am a liberal, as are my wife and most of my friends. And we are all sincere, believing Christians! I think that you are just biased (for no valid reason).
I just gave you the reason.

And I replied! Again, because I am both a liberal and a Christian, as are most of my friends, your reasoning is false. It has the air of bigotry.
Bigotry for having preferences? For recognizing real differences that could lead to an incompatible relationship?

Bigotry for having preferences? For recognizing real differences that could lead to an incompatible relationship?
Any bigot can say that s/he dislikes someone else because of "preferences", for example, dark skin. If you don't want to date a person because you have political differences, then don't. I can assure you that you are the one who is losing out by your rigidity.

Successful relationships are built on love, trust, and concern for the other person's happiness and welfare. Not on political ideologies. You have created your own prison!

Any bigot can say that s/he dislikes someone else because of "preferences", for example, dark skin. If you don't want to date a person because you have political differences, then don't. I can assure you that you are the one who is losing out by your rigidity.
I don't want to date them because I don't want to be called a bigot for having preferences or because I disagree with them on one topic or another.

Successful relationships are built on love, trust, and concern for the other person's happiness and welfare. Not on political ideologies. You have created your own prison!
Relationships are built on commonalities. If you have nothing in common, what's the relationship going to be like? Probably not good.

The point I'm trying to make is, why would I purposely put myself in this kind of situation when I have other options that are far more appealing and have a greater chance of success?

I don't want to date them because I don't want to be called a bigot for having preferences or because I disagree with them on one topic or another.

Relationships are built on commonalities. If you have nothing in common, what's the relationship going to be like? Probably not good.

The point I'm trying to make is, why would I purposely put myself in this kind of situation when I have other options that are far more appealing and have a greater chance of success?
You are narrowing your ability to get along with others because you put your political ideology first. I feel sorry for anyone who would date you.

You are narrowing your ability to get along with others because you put your political ideology first. I feel sorry for anyone who would date you.
I get along with liberals that are respectful and don't call me a bigot. Which are usually older liberals. The young ones see bigotry everywhere they go.

They remind me of the Christians in the satanic panic years. Demons everywhere, even in your breakfast cereal. How can i get along, much less date, someone like that? It isn't me that's putting my political ideology first. It's them. I'm putting my sanity first.

I get along with liberals that are respectful and don't call me a bigot. Which are usually older liberals. The young ones see bigotry everywhere they go.

They remind me of the Christians in the satanic panic years. Demons everywhere, even in your breakfast cereal. How can i get along, much less date, someone like that? It isn't me that's putting my political ideology first. It's them. I'm putting my sanity first.
Oh now I see: it's THEM! Do you think that you are respectful of liberals?

You're a liberal. We are conversing.
But we're not dating! Don't you remember writing this: I don't want to date them because I don't want to be called a bigot for having preferences or because I disagree with them on one topic or another.

But we're not dating! Don't you remember writing this: I don't want to date them because I don't want to be called a bigot for having preferences or because I disagree with them on one topic or another.
Yeah, but we're socializing. I'm proving what I've been saying all along. I may not date them, but I'm willing to talk to them.

Lord .common sense if a person is rabid pro gun and the other isn't per example why on earth would they have a marriage ?

Riven isnt saying just one thing but everything

Back