Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Would you stop for a hitchhiker?

Would you give that person a ride?Why or why not?Do you think more men would stop an women?Why?
I picked up a mother who had a baby girl on her hip that was wearing a cast on one leg. It was an incredibly hot July summer afternoon and no one was stopping. This woman was standing there with her thumb out, her baby had no sun hat on and was crying. The woman was as red faced as could be from the heat.

I carried her to the intersection about 15 miles up the road where I had to make the turn to go to work. I should have stopped at a mini-market to get them bottled water but there were none on the route and I couldn't be late to work taking the time to travel for miles to find one.

Something like that, where someone is in distress, I let the Holy Spirit whisper to me as to what I should do and then I decide. But I don't pick up just anyone that hitches. I've seen some very sketch characters on the main roads here.

As to the rest of the OP query, I don't know that gender makes a difference. That day I mentioned in particular, the highway was full of cars headed for the beach. A woman and a baby girl didn't get anyone to stop before I did, so that may speak for itself in that case alone.

I doubt I'd pick up a man if I were alone in the car.

:lol Oh yes, I'd give Hitchbot a ride. And a little juice if its batteries were running low.

I love how the people are seat belting the robot in. That's so cute.

I picked up a mother who had a baby girl on her hip that was wearing a cast on one leg. It was an incredibly hot July summer afternoon and no one was stopping. This woman was standing there with her thumb out, her baby had no sun hat on and was crying. The woman was as red faced as could be from the heat.

I carried her to the intersection about 15 miles up the road where I had to make the turn to go to work. I should have stopped at a mini-market to get them bottled water but there were none on the route and I couldn't be late to work taking the time to travel for miles to find one.

Something like that, where someone is in distress, I let the Holy Spirit whisper to me as to what I should do and then I decide. But I don't pick up just anyone that hitches. I've seen some very sketch characters on the main roads here.

As to the rest of the OP query, I don't know that gender makes a difference. That day I mentioned in particular, the highway was full of cars headed for the beach. A woman and a baby girl didn't get anyone to stop before I did, so that may speak for itself in that case alone.

I doubt I'd pick up a man if I were alone in the car.

:lol Oh yes, I'd give Hitchbot a ride. And a little juice if its batteries were running low.
I know the seat belt is a cute affect.I might give a robot a ride.I don't know for sure.I am very cautious.

I love how the people are seat belting the robot in. That's so cute.

God has a reason/purpose for everything he won't let anything happen to you that isn't meant to happen.. In the early 70's my wife and i were on our way back from the ocean when we saw a girl and her dog hitchhiking.. we pulled over and as she settled into the back seat she exclaimed "What's That" she went on to say no that feeling what is it, i feel something very good coming from this car.. 5 minutes later after explaining the gospel she knew Jesus.. Not only was she able to save her dog she got saved in the process.. :yes

God knows everything there is to know when we leave things to him our lives will be the better for it..

tob

Back