Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WOW

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Tried it once. I never could get into it. Possibly the most overrated game in history. I spent my MMO days in FFXI.

i never played it but occasionally play Second life which is a similar MMORPG, because of the addictive nature of these games they could easily fall into the Idol category unless specific times of play are set in place. I canceled my accounts 6 months ago for that reason. Second life defiantly is a game that could lead Christians astray. Is WOW like SL? IN sl you can share your faith and hang out in christian sims. which is one good thing. Heaps of lonely people play these games and its easy to share your faith in there to some degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
i never played it but occasionally play Second life which is a similar MMORPG, because of the addictive nature of these games they could easily fall into the Idol category unless specific times of play are set in place. I canceled my accounts 6 months ago for that reason. Second life defiantly is a game that could lead Christians astray. Is WOW like SL? IN sl you can share your faith and hang out in christian sims. which is one good thing. Heaps of lonely people play these games and its easy to share your faith in there to some degree.

I don't know anything about Second Life.

The thing about WOW that concerns me is that I think it has sorcery-type stuff in it.

I don't currently play this game, but I have tried it. I know people that play it.

I don't know anything about Second Life.

The thing about WOW that concerns me is that I think it has sorcery-type stuff in it.

I don't currently play this game, but I have tried it. I know people that play it.
BOth of those games are Verrrrry addictive they delve into fantasy SL you can do anything at all or be anything it is very corrupting stay out of it. they are huge time wasters. They are great if you are isolated, lonely or like in a wheelchair and the game can help you artificially act out what you are missing in real life.
if you already have a good happy life they have been known to destroy relationships and you probably would do better to only do it in small amounts.

I was addicted to WOW for several years (before I became a Christian). We are slaves to whatever has mastered us and for many people in this world, WOW is their master. It's very addictive, but only you know for sure if you can play it without becoming addicted. As for me, I know that these games will addict me and I stay away.

But I don't see anything outright unchristian other than the game taking away from more useful pursuits such as fellowship with Christians and the Lord.

I was addicted to WOW for several years (before I became a Christian). We are slaves to whatever has mastered us and for many people in this world, WOW is their master. It's very addictive, but only you know for sure if you can play it without becoming addicted. As for me, I know that these games will addict me and I stay away.

But I don't see anything outright unchristian other than the game taking away from more useful pursuits such as fellowship with Christians and the Lord.
can you make money in WOW like SL, that was my addiction. Making profit from making and selling cartoon 3d models money straight into paypal account.

I play it every now and then, and it is a good game if you don't let it consume your every waking hour like some do. Keep it to only an hour or two a day max. Just as in real life you have a chance on here to have fun, and show others how Christians should act, and not treat others like garbage. Other players will notice kindness =D

On a similar note, there is a nice Christian guild on the Khadgar server, alliance side called Awakening. They love helping out and no, you don't have to be a Christian to join.

I play it a lot and I don't think it's interrupting my walk. However, once I start putting God behind WoW, then there's a serious issue.

WoW is pure evil. For 15$ a month you get repetitive game play and endless hours of frustration and stress. They need to be paying me for all the emotional tolls it takes to play that game...:lol

WoW is pure evil. For 15$ a month you get repetitive game play and endless hours of frustration and stress. They need to be paying me for all the emotional tolls it takes to play that game...:lol
I probably get paid that a fortnight in second life or more in US $. I just log in and pay the rental box. Now I made the stuff today I am making a heap of ads for listings for stuff too mostly car seats. I am usually only attracted to things that generate coin as an interest with online forums the exception. i never liked WOW I got bored fast because before i could play it It made me download tons of updates every time so I gave up..

I play it every now and then, and it is a good game if you don't let it consume your every waking hour like some do. Keep it to only an hour or two a day max. Just as in real life you have a chance on here to have fun, and show others how Christians should act, and not treat others like garbage. Other players will notice kindness =D

On a similar note, there is a nice Christian guild on the Khadgar server, alliance side called Awakening. They love helping out and no, you don't have to be a Christian to join.

On Khadgar, there is also a Christian Guild on Alliance side called "Lions of Judah".

I probably get paid that a fortnight in second life or more in US $. I just log in and pay the rental box. Now I made the stuff today I am making a heap of ads for listings for stuff too mostly car seats. I am usually only attracted to things that generate coin as an interest with online forums the exception. i never liked WOW I got bored fast because before i could play it It made me download tons of updates every time so I gave up..
The game Second Life?

On topic: I used to play WoW but I recently have been fed up with it. I look back and think about how I got fat and lost my athletic ability over this game only to hate it now.

The game Second Life? YES

On topic: I used to play WoW but I recently have been fed up with it. I look back and think about how I got fat and lost my athletic ability over this game only to hate it now.
yeah you gotta watch that! its like anything ok in moderation but you cant neglect important things.

Maybe I don't really play it anymore since my best friend is rarely on.
Yeah i log in pay rent and answer questions if customers ask . the only reason I would log in and play is for a meet up. I was In that Inworldz yesterday checking it out because I have had a few people wanting to take the sculpt maps out of SL I made and sell them in there.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back