Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Wrath of God question

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God does hate some things and He hated Esau, some of the people He sent His wrath to in the OT were burning their own children in human sacrifices, when He sends His wrath it is perfectly justified.

God's wish is for no one to perish, but we have free will.

God bless!

This is just another reason why I say that people have placed entirely human characteristics upon their god. That THIS god can also "hate someone" should be a red flag that perhaps that verse wasn't at all inspired.

God can't have a "wish for no one to perish" IF it is his will, while giving someone "free will". It could only be his will that some perish, or else, his will is powerless.

Advanced deity? As opposed to a deity that is retrograde? Have you actually seen a deity act that in that 'silly' way?

I have not seen a deity of any type, else I wouldn't be the person I am. However, from mythology, the Olympians were quite petty [as well as other negative qualities], . . . which would be silly of a god to do.

I have not seen a deity of any type, else I wouldn't be the person I am. However, from mythology, the Olympians were quite petty [as well as other negative qualities], . . . which would be silly of a god to do.

Mythology is silly.

I got it a long time ago. Are you? Mythology is only lies. God is truth. You cannot sit in judgment of what He says or does and call it silly.

Here's the thing, though. . . . . . . I'm not "sitting in judgement" against anything but what men have come to believe. There's a big difference. I see no truth in your beliefs.

Here's the thing, though. . . . . . . I'm not "sitting in judgement" against anything but what men have come to believe. There's a big difference. I see no truth in your beliefs.

It doesn't matter what you say in this matter, as God is being judged nonetheless.

It doesn't matter what you say in this matter, as God is being judged nonetheless.

And, in turn, . . . it doesn't matter that you think that you see it the way you do. Until this god, himself [or herself, for that matter], comes to me personally and says, "yes, what the bible says about me is true", I have no reason to believe it TO be true, . . . but the words of men who had an agenda.

And, in turn, . . . it doesn't matter that you think that you see it the way you do. Until this god, himself [or herself, for that matter], comes to me personally and says, "yes, what the bible says about me is true", I have no reason to believe it TO be true, . . . but the words of men who had an agenda.

I am praying to that end for you.

He is coming to you personally, you are just so caught up in your ignorance that you cant see that. Why else are you here, because God lead you here to the true faith. However you do need to show more respect for a start having a profile picture representing the occult on a christian forum is disrespectful.

Have you looked any further at the book I recommended on another thread, all the answers you seek are in it. It shows from a historical perspective how the Bible must be from God. However the book is very academic so perhaps you might have trouble with it.

He is coming to you personally, you are just so caught up in your ignorance that you cant see that. Why else are you here, because God lead you here to the true faith. However you do need to show more respect for a start having a profile picture representing the occult on a christian forum is disrespectful.

Exactly how are fictional characters from a James Cameron movie "representations of the occult"?

Regardless, I have seen no evidence of any deity actually coming to me. I have heard a lot of people tell me such things, but no one has ever shown me evidence of it. If you have some evidence that "he is coming to me", I would like to see it.

Have you looked any further at the book I recommended on another thread, all the answers you seek are in it. It shows from a historical perspective how the Bible must be from God. However the book is very academic so perhaps you might have trouble with it.

Really?? Was that necessary? I didn't read your book. How about giving some of the main points in another thread so people can consider the points.

There is historical evidence that is contrary to christian dogma, as discovered by archeologists and anthropologists, as well as leading religious scholars. I won't post it on this site, though.

Really?? Was that necessary? I didn't read your book. How about giving some of the main points in another thread so people can consider the points.

There is historical evidence that is contrary to christian dogma, as discovered by archeologists and anthropologists, as well as leading religious scholars. I won't post it on this site, though.[/QUOTE]
Get stuffed , I already told you I'm not going to waste my time spoon feeding you, all your buddies. It wouldnt prove anything to a person that cant deduce information anyhow. Cor you waffle crap, pull your head out of your arse

Anyway,. . .

I would like to get back on topic. "Wrath" is one of the "seven deadly sins". Why? Because a person gets so angry that he will [willingly] take a life. It is one of the "seven deadly sins" because it is quite human, and something we should strive against. Yet, this VERY HUMAN characteristic is somehow a point of "glorification of god". A question, . . . . do you openly exhault praises up to god for those he has slain in the past, and for those he will slay in the future, due to this wrath?

Anyway,. . .

I would like to get back on topic. "Wrath" is one of the "seven deadly sins". Why? Because a person gets so angry that he will [willingly] take a life. It is one of the "seven deadly sins" because it is quite human, and something we should strive against. Yet, this VERY HUMAN characteristic is somehow a point of "glorification of god". A question, . . . . do you openly exhault praises up to god for those he has slain in the past, and for those he will slay in the future, due to this wrath?

Deavonrye,
Wrath is not one of the seven deadly sins, I posted that scripture a while back. The people who were killed in the OT were sacrificing their own children by burning them alive, they were eating their own children's flesh, they were prostituting and raping children. God is a just God and His punishment is perfect.

Trust me, I had these issues before and they are really hard to come to terms with, we ask ourselves how can a loving God do such a thing, but God really does hate sin.

I will join with Alabaster in praying for you because I believe you are truly seeking and trying to come to terms with these matters.

Deavonrye,
Wrath is not one of the seven deadly sins, I posted that scripture a while back. The people who were killed in the OT were sacrificing their own children by burning them alive, they were eating their own children's flesh, they were prostituting and raping children. God is a just God and His punishment is perfect.

Trust me, I had these issues before and they are really hard to come to terms with, we ask ourselves how can a loving God do such a thing, but God really does hate sin.

I will join with Alabaster in praying for you because I believe you are truly seeking and trying to come to terms with these matters.

And I thank you for your positive thoughts my way.

What I'm talking about here is "wrath". To be that angry, you can't have known it was going to take place. And if you DID know, yet chose to do nothing about it before hand, then that being must share culpability. If god did not like "children sacrifice", it should have been stopped before it even started.

The fact is, this god probably doesn't "see into the future". There are biblical references that suggest this. Regardless, I don't see the logic in destroying the rest of the unsacrificed children just because a few were being sacrificed. It was ONLY because they were followiing other gods/goddesses, and that really seems to make him furious.

And I thank you for your positive thoughts my way.

What I'm talking about here is "wrath". To be that angry, you can't have known it was going to take place. And if you DID know, yet chose to do nothing about it before hand, then that being must share culpability. If god did not like "children sacrifice", it should have been stopped before it even started.

The fact is, this god probably doesn't "see into the future". There are biblical references that suggest this. Regardless, I don't see the logic in destroying the rest of the unsacrificed children just because a few were being sacrificed. It was ONLY because they were followiing other gods/goddesses, and that really seems to make him furious.

I do know what you are saying, God gives us free will, to either sin or not, and those people were just plain evil. I need to take off, but will post more later. Have a good day!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back