Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Writing in Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The only way to study is to write comments, underline, highlight, sticky notes, white out, tape overs, etc.

My Bibles have grown big and fat. I try to be as neat as possible on the page I'm on, but when I turn the page...
Uh Oh!

In my current Bible, instead of a wet highlighter, I use colored pencils... a big improvement.

I have used the best of pens, but over time they will all bleed on the other side; and lead pencil fades over time to where it's not even readable without a magnifying glass. (Yes, I have one of those, too!)

With my colored pencils, I use a color scheme also (Thanks for the article, Edward).

I suggest don't worry about it and just do your best... and let God teach you.

And when you're finished you can get another Bible!

All for God's Glory!

Gah.... I had a post all ready... well thought out, researched, edited ... and bam, the local thunderstorm knocked the power out for a couple of hours and just now came back up.

Which of course, wrecked my train of thought... here's the survivor...such as it is...

Of course, sometimes a quality rebinding can cost more than the cost of replacing the Bible. But then if the sentimental value of the old copy exceeds the market value, then certainly it makes it eminently worthwhile.

I think Steve paid around $60.00 to get my bible rebound. True, many other new bibles could be bought for much less than that, but the value of having my bible, the one that I've used for so many years, far outweighs the cost.

I generally don't even use a physical bible for study any longer. I've found sites like Blue Letter Bible, Bible Gateway and Bible Hub by Biblos to be much more effective for me for study.

...but for reading, for simply wanting to find something that I know, but can't think of the reference for... my bible is what I use. Even with all the electronic stuff I use, I'll still make a note or mark a passage when studying online in my bible...

I can't remember what the colors all were of the Bible edition with different colors for sections of the Bible

My old Zondervan from the 70's has...

red = salvation
green = Holy Spirit
gold = temporal blessings
blue = prophetic subjects

I can't remember what the colors all were of the Bible edition with different colors for sections of the Bible

My old Zondervan from the 70's has...

red = salvation
green = Holy Spirit
gold = temporal blessings
blue = prophetic subjects
[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]:

Sounds vaguely familiar; I think I saw an edition from the 90s someplace.

Blessings.

I generally don't even use a physical bible for study any longer

Some one turned me on to esword, I downloaded it for free. It's awesome for study, place for taking notes and saving, highlighting in several colors, Strong's, etc.

I think Steve paid around $60.00 to get my bible rebound. True, many other new bibles could be bought for much less than that, but the value of having my bible, the one that I've used for so many years, far outweighs the cost.
@handy :

Absolutely; I can see what you mean.

Kind of helps us to 'raise our Ebenezers', so to speak, in recally how the Lord has continuously helped us as individuals.

Blessings.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but my wife has these light colored pencils that are like highlighters. Goes on light but noticeable.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but my wife has these light colored pencils that are like highlighters. Goes on light but noticeable.
[MENTION=142]Free[/MENTION]:

Interesting; does she find that the ink can stain and soak through the thin Bible paper? or maybe it's okay.

Blessings.

@Free :

Interesting; does she find that the ink can stain and soak through the thin Bible paper? or maybe it's okay.

Blessings.
Well that's the beauty of them, they're not ink, so there is no soaking through.

Oops, just checked online, they are no longer available, but they might still have something similar which replaced them. They were Stablio Boss Dry highligher pencils.

@Free :

Blessings.
Well that's the beauty of them, they're not ink, so there is no soaking through.

Oops, just checked online, they are no longer available, but they might still have something similar which replaced them. They were Stablio Boss Dry highligher pencils.
[MENTION=142]Free[/MENTION]: Okay, ty :). Blessings to you guys.

Gah.... I had a post all ready... well thought out, researched, edited ... and bam, the local thunderstorm knocked the power out for a couple of hours and just now came back up.

[MENTION=4376]handy[/MENTION]: Hope you guys are okay now, with no more power outages to hinder your Bible reading and computer stuff....

Blessings.

The storms seemed to have blown in some good weather.... somewhat hot this afternoon, but only 89 F now and no winds.

PS: The study of inks is actually a big subject. Improvements are being made in their manufacture for various purposes.

Blessings.

The storms seemed to have blown in some good weather.... somewhat hot this afternoon, but only 89 F now and no winds.

[MENTION=4376]handy[/MENTION]: Good, and in Idaho I guess you guys look to Canada for the cooling winds.... :)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back