Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Yesterday Marked Five Years That My Girlfriend and I Have Been Dating.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Where in the Scripture did God accept 'bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh' as a marriage covenant?
Gen 2.23
So any 'intentional statement' means a couple is married but the union of sex, one flesh, doesn't? Begs the question, how do you prove 'intentional'?
It takes a verbal commitment to make a covenant. It is often accompanied by the shedding of blood. No where in scripture does it say that sex alone equals marriage. If that were so, then there would be no such sin as fornication.
Really, we follow the laws of secular society concerning marriage? Thus what does 'common law marriage' mean"?
We follow the secular laws in EVERYTHING that does not force us to violate scripture. Both Paul and Peter are very clear on that point. "Commonlaw" marriage was at one time recognized by secular law in the US. It is no longer recognized.
You are mixing man's definition of marriage and God's.
And you have chapter and verse for "God's definition?"

I'm not judging anyone or criticizing anyone. Nothing wrong dating girlfriend. If fornication is at play, it's matters. If it's just dating, no harm is done. In Corinthians, Paul wrote theirs no law for love. Your just enjoying each other's company. Nothing's wrong with friendship or courting a women. Its plotting evil or taking advantage of people. Its what's in your heart that matters to Jesus. God judges by motives and desires. Proverbs chapter 24:12. And shall not He render to every man according to his works?

Oh you all are so silly going back and forth. It isn't necessary. Good grief. It doesn't matter if you believe this person or not. You are not a part of their life. You don't know the character enough to jump on the band wagon and speak that. You don't have permission. You are not his parents and his parents know this person, you do not. Move on.

Back