Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

You can come out now Harold! ... world survives Rapture... AGAIN

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Zinc

You can come out now Harold! Doomsday prophet remains in hiding as world survives Rapture... AGAIN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urvives-Rapture--AGAIN.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

We can all let out a sigh of relief, the Apocalypse doesn't seem to be now after all.

According to Doomsday prophet Harold Camping October 21 was meant to be the end of the world.

California preacher Harold Camping had already stirred a global frenzy when he prophesised humanity would be wiped out in the rapture on May 21 with a series of earthquakes followed by months of torment for those left behind.

This time around, his ministry has avoided the media and perhaps a repeat of the international mockery that followed the last supposed day of apocalypse.

Mr Camping's daughter Susan Espinoza told Winnipeg News: 'I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we at Family Radio have been directed to not talk to the media or the press.'

Calls to the ministry in Oakland went straight to answerphone message and were not returned.

However Mr Camping's prediction of the Rapture came with an edge of caution this time around.

He said: 'I really am beginning to think as I've restudied these matters that there's going to be no big display of any kind. The end is going to come very, very quietly.'

And it appears that Mr Camping is at least partially right with that prediction.

Doomsday believers were conspicuous by their absence after their highly visible presence across American cities back in May.

There were also none of the 5,000 billboards posted around the country that declared Judgment Day was at hand.

Mr Camping, who suffered a mild stroke three weeks after his prediction failed to materialise in May, still spreads the word through his Family Radio International website.

God's judgement and salvation were completed on May 21, Mr Camping said in a message explaining the mix-up in his biblical math.

He said that Christ put the 'unsaved' into judgement on that date, but that it will not be physically seen until today.

'Thus we can be sure that the whole world, with the exception of those who are presently saved (the elect), are under the judgement of God, and will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21,' he wrote on the website.

Followers were crestfallen in May when the rapture did not occur, particularly those who had quit their jobs or donated some of their retirement savings or college funds to spread the judgement day message.

Mr Camping said that doomsday would not be marked by natural disasters or blasts of hellfire.

Mr Camping, a retired civil engineer, also prophesied the Apocalypse would come in 1994, but said later that didn't happen because of a mathematical error.

They think it's all over: A history of failed doomsday predictions

Many scientists accept that our planet will one day be consumed by the Sun, but most have calculated that that will not happened for several billion years.

That hasn't stopped mankind repeatedly predicting that the world is about to end though. In fact, doomsday prophecies have been made ever since we started using calendars, with flood, famine, incoming asteroids and nuclear wars among the favoured causes of annihilation.

Biblical scholars point out that in the Book of Matthew, Jesus himself implies that the world will end within the lifetime of his contemporaries, while a host of scholars made similar predictions in the first millennium.

The craze appears to have reached a peak in Europe in the Middle Ages. In 1500, Protestant reformer Martin Luther proclaimed that 'the kingdom of abominations shall be overthrown' within 300 years.

Others to get in on the act included Christopher Columbus (1656), mathematician John Napier (1688) and astrologer Sir Isaac Newton (1948).

More recently, the fad for making Doomsday predictions has become popular amongst Christian groups in the U.S. According to website Armageddononline, prophecy teacher Doug Clark announced in 1976 that President Jimmy Carter would be 'the president who will meet Mr. 666 - soon',

And about 50 members of a group called the Assembly of Yahweh gathered at Coney Island, New York, in white robes, awaiting their 'rapture' from a world about to be destroyed on May 25, 1981.

'A small crowd of onlookers watched and waited for something to happen. The members chanted prayers to the beat of bongo drums until sunset. The end did not come,' the website notes.

The year 2000 was also expected to usher in an apocalypse of sorts, with aeroplanes falling from the sky and computer systems crashing. The planet survived.

In the days leading up to September 9, 2009, fans of Armageddon insisted that the world would end - 9/9/9 being the emergency services phone number in the UK and also the number of the Devil - albeit upside down. Surprisingly there wasn't the same hyperbole on June 6, 2006.

But if the world does manage to get through today unscathed, believers won't have to wait too long before another popular Doomsday prediction date looms.

The Maya civilisation of South America was for several centuries one of the most advanced in the world. Along with their architectural achievements, the Mayans left us with calendars that, some argue, predict the end of the world on December 21, 2012.

In the days leading up to September 9, 2009, fans of Armageddon insisted that the world would end - 9/9/9 being the emergency services phone number in the UK and also the number of the Devil - albeit upside down.
Ah yes... the mark of Cain!:splat

I'm not all that surprised, the Lord said that no one would know the day or the hour, and I'm certain that any predicted date will end up being wrong.

I do believe the lord is returning much sooner than we think, but defiantly not on any predicted date.

I'm not all that surprised, the Lord said that no one would know the day or the hour, and I'm certain that any predicted date will end up being wrong.

I do believe the lord is returning much sooner than we think, but defiantly not on any predicted date.

Why?

What does the Lord's return have to do with the rapture?

Why?

What does the Lord's return have to do with the rapture?
pre-tribbers confuse his return often. if he is to return then he must come back again for the others that convert.

the rapture cant be his return.all accounts describe the return as his coming judgment not some stopping by to get his saints and move them out all the while another church is being set up.

pre-tribbers confuse his return often. if he is to return then he must come back again for the others that convert.

the rapture cant be his return.all accounts describe the return as his coming judgment not some stopping by to get his saints and move them out all the while another church is being set up.
Yet those very folks use the terms interchangably, cultish isnt it?

Yet those very folks use the terms interchangably, cultish isnt it?
try telling them that face to face. it is as you know a term that i had to face. i have a pro trib book i am reading so that i do know what they do say and that i am not incorrect.

Back