Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Your Favorite Drummer or Guitarist

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
He just has...

Well that opens the gates, LoL.

I believe Rush was the first band that truly popularized sophisticated rock music, largely because Neil Peart's reputation was always preceding him. They had predecessors (Yes, Genesis, Tull, Emerson Lake & Palmer, etc), but it wasn't until Moving Pictures that an entire album gained mainstream attention.

I liked this performance cuz the crowd was actually better than the band was. I've played worship for Hispanic churches before, and they get into it, Lol.

I have another Rush song I can share in a second as well. I know about their occult influence and all, but they could also be very deep at times as well.

And fiddlesticks. Somebody did a really nice video to an old Rush song I liked as a kid, but I can't find it now. What a shame. Disappeared into the ether I guess.

Anyway, I'll share this one instead. Both the guitarist and drummer are (were- the drummer moved on) outstanding for this band. They're Buddhist, which is strange when you think of a rock band having that religious background, but the theme was about remembering what you were as a kid, before the world's evils caused you to die a little on the inside. I find talented musicians tend to write on more intelligent themes.

Stop instead of running
See the madness and evil everywhere
Stop instead of running, look around
Don't fear to open your eyes wider
You can choose your way on your own
Full of joy, the way without the rush
You can spread your wings and fly high, and be above

Notice the self, recognize yourself
Take care of your temple
And nurture it because
Because the goodness is hidden there

As long as the nature reveals the signs
To find the true dimension of our life
Sing in your light
To the inner drum of your heart

Back to the spring, to become the child
We're moving in circle to reach our rise
When the start and the end become united
Touch of golden cloud will be near

And fiddlesticks. Somebody did a really nice video to an old Rush song I liked as a kid, but I can't find it now. What a shame. Disappeared into the ether I guess.

Anyway, I'll share this one instead. Both the guitarist and drummer are (were- the drummer moved on) outstanding for this band. They're Buddhist, which is strange when you think of a rock band having that religious background, but the theme was about remembering what you were as a kid, before the world's evils caused you to die a little on the inside. I find talented musicians tend to write on more intelligent themes.

Stop instead of running
See the madness and evil everywhere
Stop instead of running, look around
Don't fear to open your eyes wider
You can choose your way on your own
Full of joy, the way without the rush
You can spread your wings and fly high, and be above

Take care of your temple
And nurture it because
Because the goodness is hidden there

To find the true dimension of our life
Sing in your light
To the inner drum of your heart

Back to the spring, to become the child
We're moving in circle to reach our rise
When the start and the end become united
Touch of golden cloud will be near
Amen to your last line.
They're really poets.

A couple of friends of mine who are professional drummers put me on to Weckl. My drummer friends know each other and together attended a weekend seminar with Weckl. Both were stunned by Weckl's ability. At one point, Dave was playing five different rhythms at the same time. My friends couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was that he could do this comfortably, staying in the pocket, just playing on and on in what my friends - skilled drummers in their own right - thought was a next-to-impossible way.

A couple of friends of mine who are professional drummers put me on to Weckl. My drummer friends know each other and together attended a weekend seminar with Weckl. Both were stunned by Weckl's ability. At one point, Dave was playing five different rhythms at the same time. My friends couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was that he could do this comfortably, staying in the pocket, just playing on and on in what my friends - skilled drummers in their own right - thought was a next-to-impossible way.
What about that El Estepario drummer that Free posted?
I can't get over how good he is.
Totally different.

Neil Peart
Jimmy Page
Charo

LoLoL. :lol
Watch your language, young man!

Did you forget you're on a Christian forum?!

Hey, I'm doing my best, Lol.

At least I'm not like my dog when he sees the next door neighbor kids playing in the kiddie pool. He goes ballistic. We try to distance ourselves from him and say he's not our dog, but he lives in this house, so there's no way around the embarrassment.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back