Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you think suicide is unforgivable sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But it may not be able to be forgiven because you can't quite ask for forgiveness once your dead, thus you shut off the forgiveness window, not God as is done in Mark 3:29.
Do you believe our forgiveness is dependent on every repentance after sin or on the blood of Christ. It is written
Hebrews 10:12: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 10:14: For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

 So if we have been made perfect for ever by the blood of Christ can sin change that ?

Do you believe our forgiveness is dependent on every repentance after sin or on the blood of Christ. It is written
Hebrews 10:12: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 10:14: For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

 So if we have been made perfect for ever by the blood of Christ can sin change that ?
Sin shows UNsanctification.
It also shows nonrepentance.

Ever heard of dementia? I suggest you read about the disease that Robin Williams was suffering with. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
That is correct. But there are even things worse than that. What about people In a vegetative state. And living like that for years. That is the worst thing that can happen to a human being. I consider my self lucky compared to them but when I see my life I am directly heading toward that. My mind is deteriorating every day. I fear If I can't do something now it maybe too late to do any thing once my mind slipped out of my hand.

So using even your common sense will God condemn me if I end my life!

Last edited:
Hi Life after death
There is only one sin that cannot be repented of, blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but you might want to consider what this claim says. Personally, I'm having a hard time understanding how one who is now dead immediately from their sin, assuming that killing oneself is, then how do the dead repent?

Whether or not suicide is a sin, my question for those who are so inclined is this: The Scriptures speak a lot of our having difficulties in this life, but the impetus seems to be that believers persevere with their eye on the prize. The Scriptures tell us to count it all joy and in a number of places tell us that as believers, we are the one's who have hope in the world.

Now, reading all of those claims from the Scriptures concerning how believers should live and so forth, does the person who commits their own death, really have that hope? I mean, isn't someone committing suicide because they have lost all hope? They don't see any way out of their present pain and choose to kill themselves to just get out of life. The life that God gave them. That just doesn't seem to jibe well with what I believe the Scriptures tell us will be the attitude of those who have their hope in Jesus, no matter how bad things are in this life.

I have a friend who was born with a severe spinal deformation and has been in a wheelchair all of her life. She has been through struggles that most people never even consider going through. Yet she has given her life to share the joy of Jesus and not to dwell on the 'damaged' circumstances of her life. Joni Ericson Tada is another example of a Jesus lover who has been through hard trials. I just have a hard time with someone claiming to love Jesus, but throwing away their life.

So my question, if you have the hope of Jesus in your heart, then why in the world would you think it ok to throw the life that God, through Jesus, has given you, away? Get up off your pity party and proclaim your love for Jesus and be about the work that he has established for each of those who are his to be doing. Take your mind off of you and settle it on others, and Jesus.

I know that in a lot of life circumstances we can be burdened with the anxiety and fear of going forward with a life that you may feel just isn't fair, but Jesus loves you and I'm pretty sure he doesn't look kindly on people throwing that love away.

Those are my thoughts on the subject, and I believe, what the Scriptures teach about it. God sees each and every one of His children as precious. No matter how the world sees them.

So, now comes the decision. Do I kill myself or do I renew my love for my Lord, who gave me the life that I want to so callously throw away.

God bless,
Ted

G
Hi Life after death

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you might want to consider what this claim says. Personally, I'm having a hard time understanding how one who is now dead immediately from their sin, assuming that killing oneself is, then how do the dead repent?

Whether or not suicide is a sin, my question for those who are so inclined is this: The Scriptures speak a lot of our having difficulties in this life, but the impetus seems to be that believers persevere with their eye on the prize. The Scriptures tell us to count it all joy and in a number of places tell us that as believers, we are the one's who have hope in the world.

Now, reading all of those claims from the Scriptures concerning how believers should live and so forth, does the person who commits their own death, really have that hope? I mean, isn't someone committing suicide because they have lost all hope? They don't see any way out of their present pain and choose to kill themselves to just get out of life. The life that God gave them. That just doesn't seem to jibe well with what I believe the Scriptures tell us will be the attitude of those who have their hope in Jesus, no matter how bad things are in this life.

I have a friend who was born with a severe spinal deformation and has been in a wheelchair all of her life. She has been through struggles that most people never even consider going through. Yet she has given her life to share the joy of Jesus and not to dwell on the 'damaged' circumstances of her life. Joni Ericson Tada is another example of a Jesus lover who has been through hard trials. I just have a hard time with someone claiming to love Jesus, but throwing away their life.

So my question, if you have the hope of Jesus in your heart, then why in the world would you think it ok to throw the life that God, through Jesus, has given you, away? Get up off your pity party and proclaim your love for Jesus and be about the work that he has established for each of those who are his to be doing. Take your mind off of you and settle it on others, and Jesus.

I know that in a lot of life circumstances we can be burdened with the anxiety and fear of going forward with a life that you may feel just isn't fair, but Jesus loves you and I'm pretty sure he doesn't look kindly on people throwing that love away.

Those are my thoughts on the subject, and I believe, what the Scriptures teach about it. God sees each and every one of His children as precious. No matter how the world sees them.

So, now comes the decision. Do I kill myself or do I renew my love for my Lord, who gave me the life that I want to so callously throw away.

God bless,
Ted
The life we are given by God through Christ can not be thrown away or is not bound to this world. It is internal life. It can't be lost when you end your life. You only take it out of these world. Whether that is right or wrong is another question. But I don't believe my eternal life dependent on doing right but believing in jesus

G

The life we are given by God through Christ can not be thrown away or is not bound to this world. It is internal life. It can't be lost when you end your life. You only take it out of these world. Whether that is right or wrong is another question. But I don't believe my eternal life dependent on doing right but believing in jesus
Hi Life after death

Go with what you know. I don't see it as quite that black and white and I do have the Scriptures to back it up. God's first gift to all of mankind, was that He created Adam and then Eve. Through that beginning, God's gift of life is the first and greatest gift that God has given all of us. Which is why it says in Romans that even though they know God, they choose to rebel. God has created all that exists in this realm for the very purpose of giving mankind, to whom He created and breathed life into his lungs, a place to live and, certainly before sin, enjoy for eternity. This is the place that God created for our eternal life. That's what the last chapters of the Revelation of Jesus reveal to us. He is going to create a new heavens and a new earth where we will live. I'm confident that the new earth, in its physicality, will be pretty much like this one. Dirt, rocks, trees and such.

So, as a born again believer in the one true and living God, I know that He loves me and the He created all that exists so that I might have life. For the one who takes their own life...where's that hope. Oh, I agree that the eternal life is not something that can be taken away...once we have it and hold to it. My question is whether or not someone who doesn't seem to have the hope to live and let God be the determiner of his days, doesn't have it yet.

But each one must examine their own heart on this matter. I can't tell you what your relationship with Jesus is anymore than you can tell me mine. But from the witness and testimony of God's word, I find that one killing themselves surely must not have had that eternal hope. Paul had some rough days. He could have checked out at anytime. Do you think he trusted God to number his days?

And maybe I'm late to the party, but what exactly is it that you struggle with that causes you to entertain thoughts of doing yourself off? If you'd care to share that either here or in PM, I'd be happy to try and help with whatever problems the world has flung at you to discourage you so.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Life after death

Go with what you know. I don't see it as quite that black and white and I do have the Scriptures to back it up. God's first gift to all of mankind, was that He created Adam and then Eve. Through that beginning, God's gift of life is the first and greatest gift that God has given all of us. Which is why it says in Romans that even though they know God, they choose to rebel. God has created all that exists in this realm for the very purpose of giving mankind, to whom He created and breathed life into his lungs, a place to live and, certainly before sin, enjoy for eternity. This is the place that God created for our eternal life. That's what the last chapters of the Revelation of Jesus reveal to us. He is going to create a new heavens and a new earth where we will live. I'm confident that the new earth, in its physicality, will be pretty much like this one. Dirt, rocks, trees and such.

So, as a born again believer in the one true and living God, I know that He loves me and the He created all that exists so that I might have life. For the one who takes their own life...where's that hope. Oh, I agree that the eternal life is not something that can be taken away...once we have it and hold to it. My question is whether or not someone who doesn't seem to have the hope to live and let God be the determiner of his days, doesn't have it yet.

But each one must examine their own heart on this matter. I can't tell you what your relationship with Jesus is anymore than you can tell me mine. But from the witness and testimony of God's word, I find that one killing themselves surely must not have had that eternal hope. Paul had some rough days. He could have checked out at anytime. Do you think he trusted God to number his days?

And maybe I'm late to the party, but what exactly is it that you struggle with that causes you to entertain thoughts of doing yourself off? If you'd care to share that either here or in PM, I'd be happy to try and help with whatever problems the world has flung at you to discourage you so.

God bless,
Ted

Who is sin free then.
Everyone who has repented of sin and been water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
And do you think you are aware of every single sin you commit to repent if sanctification is based on repentance.
I know exactly what I want at every moment of the day.
As James wrote, in James 1:14-15, it takes enticement, lust, temptation, and conception for something to be a sin, so somewhere in the minutes it requires to go through all that, God provides His promised escapes. (1 Cor 10:13)
I want to live without sin !

Hi Life after death

God bless,
Ted
Any sin that is not repented of is unforgivable.
But blasphemy of the Holy Spirit cannot be repented of.

G

How can you believe in Jesus but disobey Him?

Hi Life after death

That's definitely a sad commentary on your life. Are these problems consequences of previous choices, or are you being persecuted without reason? I ask, because I want to know how you see it?

You see, we're all sinners. Everyone of us. As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar."

But there are obviously circumstances in your life that are keeping you from experiencing the joy of Jesus in your heart. That's my purpose here. Finding out why you don't share the joy and thankfulness of your life, that a believer should have. That's not to say that we don't have problems, but the believer generally is able to handle problems better than unbelievers because of that hope that comes from the promise of Jesus.

God bless,
Ted

That is correct. But there are even things worse than that. What about people In a vegetative state. And living like that for years. That is the worst thing that can happen to a human being. I consider my self lucky compared to them but when I see my life I am directly heading toward that. My mind is deteriorating every day. I fear If I can't do something now it maybe too late to do any thing once my mind slipped out of my hand.

So using even your common sense will God condemn me if I end my life!
But I believe God won't let that happen to me he will take me to him before the worst happen

IMO suicide by a true believer is extremely rare but I guess not totally possible. As long as you're on earth, you'll always be a sinner. And a big breakdown may happen, and a very bad decision following it may happen too. So I don't think it's impossible for a true believer to commit suicide. And if that happens, God will forgive them since they're His child, and he won't ever lose any of His child, no matter what they do. But the question you have to ask if someone commits suicide is : was he a true believer ? You have to keep in mind that there are genuine believer and false/deceived believer. One may think he's a believer but not being one without knowing. I was one of them.

Hi Life after death

That's definitely a sad commentary on your life. Are these problems consequences of previous choices, or are you being persecuted without reason? I ask, because I want to know how you see it?

You see, we're all sinners. Everyone of us. As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar."

But there are obviously circumstances in your life that are keeping you from experiencing the joy of Jesus in your heart. That's my purpose here. Finding out why you don't share the joy and thankfulness of your life, that a believer should have. That's not to say that we don't have problems, but the believer generally is able to handle problems better than unbelievers because of that hope that comes from the promise of Jesus.

God bless,
Ted
They are consequences of previous choices. I was in Christ first then I went back to world. immediately my miserly began. I fall in the worst trap you can ever imagine. It took me 7 years to come back to Jesus. And it has been seven years since I came back to my Lord. But the worst trap couldn't go I waited thinking maybe I was paying the price for leaving Jesus. But it showed no sign of stopping. In fact it became worse and worse everyday. Now I am scared to think of the future.
I truly wish i receive instead any disease or disabilty. I wouldn't complain. But this is impossible to live with. You said what is keeping me from experiencing the joy of Jesus in my heart. Thank you for raising it. My answer is I don't know! I don't know why I can't have that joy only believing in jesus give. I don't know why I became incapable of praying as much as I want or read God's word or have fellowship with other believers. I don't know why I am still in the trap. But I know I am one of his sheep.

Hi Life after death

Right. Just so long as you realize that your struggles today are more a result of your previous choices, than that God has abandoned you, or some such argument. Look friend, we all fail. I fail miserably. But there is one thing I am absolutely sure of, God loves His children. While He doesn't promise to make our road back a bed of roses, He is with us. Jesus is with us. The Holy Spirit of God is with us.

Just a brief synopsis of the general understanding of God's revelation to us, is that He created all that is and He has seen our sin. He knows everything that you have done, are doing. We can't hide anything from God's knowledge. But He also understands our weaknesses and frailties. He has provided, that once we have believed and trusted in Him, that He will forgive us our ongoing sin, if we will but confess and repent. And yes, there are times I've had to confess and repent multiple times over some regular or habitual sin. But I know that the love of God is with me. I just sometimes don't live my life as though I'm aware of that, when in the 'excitement or drudgery' of life I just run on without Him. But He is still there, and when I come back, He walks with me again, why? Because unlike Adam who sinned and God cast him out of the garden, we have Jesus who is our advocate to the Father.

But I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that God finds our wanting to off ourselves from the gift of life that He has given us, as a godly attitude. Something is wrong, if you're so worn down by your sin, that you can't feel the love of God through Jesus in your life. That's the part that comes to my mind when someone says that they're considering suicide.
"Where's your joy?" And I don't mean always being happy with your current circumstances that are going on around you, but even in that, the born again believer knows that the best is yet to come! Save your fork.

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back