Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you think suicide is unforgivable sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. Mark 13:9. Suicide is in murder category. Its someone taking thier own life. I believe the person will meet a very angry God. All sins are forgivable by repentance to God. Jesus is the judge, and will decide what happens to the individual who committed suicide.

I can't take it anymore literally literally. Anyone reading this take a moment and pray for me. I am terrified. I am scared of the level of my suffering. I was praying half an hour ago. I asked God to speak with in my dream. I wish you could see the amount of my suffering you will be terrified. If this is not going to stop very very soon I am scared of to think of what I will be. I am praying to God to rescue me or take me to him. I need him to answer me. I literally can't take it anymore.

I can't take it anymore literally literally. Anyone reading this take a moment and pray for me. I am terrified. I am scared of the level of my suffering. I was praying half an hour ago. I asked God to speak with in my dream. I wish you could see the amount of my suffering you will be terrified. If this is not going to stop very very soon I am scared of to think of what I will be. I am praying to God to rescue me or take me to him. I need him to answer me. I literally can't take it anymore.
Have you considered talking to a professional that deals with issues like this? Maybe they can help you.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Every time a famous person commits suicide the article ends with encouragement to get help and links to help. But..a lot of times the dead person was getting the so called help the world offers and all the pills and retreats and hospitals did nothing to actually help. I consider myself something of a psychiatric survivor. It’s not just the pills that cause problems it’s the mental health industry.

But some seem to benefit? And I’m not being tormented now that I’m in Christ and deemed in need of treatment for severe mental illness. So again…

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

There’s definitely hope in Jesus Christ…the exact form help takes in this life seems to vary from believer to believer…

If WHAT is not going to stop very soon?

Not sure I do. I have always considered suicide any death that the decedent did not fight against with every fiber of their being. The God-given instinct is to preserve our own life at almost any cost.
As one who battles depression.

The darkness and it's appeal isn't weak .it take a fight to function normal tasks.

Why am I alive ,why must I start my day angry and or sad and for no reason?

with so many suicides in the us each year…

What’s going on in our society?
In part vanity .

We are more isolated then ever before despite the fact I can easily drive and see family in ga .

Years ago being stuck on the sway bridge was not an annoyance as people simply got out and talked to each other .

Imagine that today .the outrage .

Imagine going to the general store and post office and socializing.my yellow house photo you liked is an 100 year old general store and post office whose post master ,mistress lived next to .imagine walking to there and sending it getting mail and taking to neighbors.

We really dont do that today .

I believe God will forgive a true believer who commit suicide. What is your thought?
Well this flesh gets sick some times the mind is no different :) No I do not believe someone GOD FORBID that takes there own life is lost forever. Christ is what gets us in :) People die every day not expecting it and never repent. But Christ already died for the sin of the world. So if I died right now and had some sin I never repented of I am still going to be with the Father. Again Christ already died.. I made Christ the lord of my life so the things I should do I don't do and the things I should not do I do. Its not longer "I" that sin but sin that is in me. I am right now a new creation created in Christ Jesus. I've put on that new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. God sees me through Christ as a finished work. So I boldly come before Him and am seated in heavenly places..

Only God according to Samuel knows the heart of man.

God sees me through Christ as a finished work. So I boldly come before Him and am seated in heavenly places..
Thank you. That is something I gladly embrace. Words like these help me see the riches of the grace of God. I remember how I fell in love with God and his mind when I learned from "knowing God" by J.I packer that our adoption and God's love for us cannot be changed by circumstances including sin. Before that I used to think that I am saved as long long as I stay away from sin and my salvation was conditional. But J.I Packer helped me see that when God adopt us as his children it's to be our father for ever and he will not abandon us when we fall in sin.

I believe God will forgive a true believer who commit suicide. What is your thought?
The Scripture is my thought:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord
Rom. 8:38–39.

Christ's death on the cross is effective.
That day He actually saved someone.
And once that person is saved, they stay saved. And neither suicide nor murder can separate us from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Here is a thought and answer for everyone.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God, that love enters man, and remains in man.

If man is hateful, and does what love is not, fornication, adultery, steal, lie, covet, they cant be separated from the love of God, they never were in it.

So put on the Lord Jesus ( love) and do not make provision to fulfil the lusts of the flesh. ( this is how nothing can separate you from the love of God, and what love is and does.)

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Many theologians and religions adamantly have long dismissed any suggestion that the resurrection of the unrighteous may include those who commit suicide. As far as the ones who took their own lives, we cannot judge as to whether they will get a resurrection or not.

Life is a gift from God, not something to be abused or to end at one’s own hand. (James 1:17) Hence, the Scriptures encourage us to see ourselves, not as immortals, but as valuable creations of the God who loves us, who treasures our being alive, and who looks forward with joy to the time of the resurrection. (Job 14:14, 15) Jesus, having paid “a ransom in exchange for many,” is within his right to extend mercy, even to some self-murderers, by resurrecting them and giving them the precious opportunity to “repent and turn to God by doing works that befit repentance.”-Acts 26:20.

Granted, those who take their own lives deprive themselves of the opportunity to repent. But who can say whether one driven to suicide might have had a change of heart if the attempt failed? Some notorious murderers have, in fact, changed and earned God’s forgiveness during their lifetimes. (2 Kings 21:16; 2 Chronicles 33:12, 13) They, like us, will still need the “ransom” to lift ourselves to perfection; and, judgment will be determined by what we do after the resurrection is complete.-1 John 4:8-10.

While suicide is never righteous and may not be considered justified, it is comforting to remember that the future prospects of our loved ones rest with a God who fully understands that weaknesses and frailties such as mental illness, extreme stress, depression, and genetic defects could push one to such desperate action. He “well knows the formation of us, remembering that we are dust.” (Psalm 103:11-14) God alone searches “all hearts and every inclination of the thoughts.” (1 Chronicles 28:9) But we may be confident that “the Judge of all the earth is going to do what is loving, just, and right.”-Genesis 18:25.

The apostle Paul did hold out a beautiful hope for even some unrighteous ones. As he told a Roman court of law: “I have hope toward God…that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”-Acts 24:15.

Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin, mark 13:11 to document.

All sins are forgivable by repentance to God.

I personally believe the person who committed suicide will face very angry God.

Suicide is in the category of murder. Its taking your own life.
And I'm not judging anyone.

There's the millennium, Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48. God is the judge. And will decide the situation. Jesus will decide what happens to those who commit suicide.

This is were I stop.
Corinthians chapter 5. Everyone must appear before judgement seat of christ.

Back