Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Don't forget the Crouch bunch. After Paul Crouch died his wife and son revoked the contracts of every prophecy doctrine ministry they had formerly aired on TBN. His wife always wanted this to be the case but Paul Crouch refused. Sadly, he didn't think to derail her evil intent by putting a clause in his will that would uphold his wishes in that regard even after he passed.

When so much of the Bible deals with prophecy that says a lot about what the Crouch clan feels about the truth of God and the prophetic books of scripture.

Don't forget the Crouch bunch. After Paul Crouch died his wife and son revoked the contracts of every prophecy doctrine ministry they had formerly aired on TBN. His wife always wanted this to be the case but Paul Crouch refused. Sadly, he didn't think to derail her evil intent by putting a clause in his will that would uphold his wishes in that regard even after he passed.

When so much of the Bible deals with prophecy that says a lot about what the Crouch clan feels about the truth of God and the prophetic books of scripture.
I'm a bit confused. In Post # 236 you approved of Kathi's black-list that had Paul Crouch as the first name.... yet here, you are saying it was good that he had all these prophet guys under contract, aren't you?

Which is it?

I'm a bit confused. In Post # 236 you approved of Kathi's black-list that had Paul Crouch as the first name.... yet here, you are saying it was good that he had all these prophet guys under contract, aren't you?

Which is it?
You read right. Crouch may have been a false teacher. But at least he recognized prophetic scriptures and the prophets are part of scripture.

Now, his wife and his son are going to example their falsity because they're omitting the prophetic scripture teachings from their ministry. The false teachings the Crouches exploited before are compounded now because they're revoking the credibility held in prophetic scriptures.

You read right. Crouch may have been a false teacher. But at least he recognized prophetic scriptures and the prophets are part of scripture.

Now, his wife and his son are going to example their falsity because they're omitting the prophetic scripture teachings from their ministry. The false teachings the Crouches exploited before are compounded now because they're revoking the credibility held in prophetic scriptures.
My denomination is probably one of the most (if not THE most) radical of Christian groups in this nation. But even our leaders saw the mistake they were slipping into by giving so much credibility and influence to modern day prophets, and got us back out of that stuff after about three years of flirting with it.

I think people fall for the contemporary false prophets because they're desperate to be comforted out of their fear of the hear and now that's transpiring at a rapid rate. And not for the betterment of society. In part or as a whole.

I was invited by a girlfriend to a local venue that was featuring the then up and coming Benny Hinn. She was so enamored with his teachings she wanted to get as many of her girlfriends involved as she could. And he was making an appearance at a former theater turned lecture hall.

I couldn't make it but about a year later I saw him on TV. I felt sorry for her. If that guy wasn't a shyster for Christ he could be a politician or lemon used car salesman. What an act. And now that he's rich and famous, what a horrible horrible actor.

I think people fall for the contemporary false prophets because they're desperate to be comforted out of their fear of the hear and now that's transpiring at a rapid rate. And not for the betterment of society. In part or as a whole.

I was invited by a girlfriend to a local venue that was featuring the then up and coming Benny Hinn. She was so enamored with his teachings she wanted to get as many of her girlfriends involved as she could. And he was making an appearance at a former theater turned lecture hall.

I couldn't make it but about a year later I saw him on TV. I felt sorry for her. If that guy wasn't a shyster for Christ he could be a politician or lemon used car salesman. What an act. And now that he's rich and famous, what a horrible horrible actor.
But, aren't these, basically, the same types of people (Just not as polished or flamboyant as Hinn) that TBN had doing shows for them?

Sure.
I think you misunderstood my post. The widow of Paul Crouch revoked the contract of the prophetic fraudsters like Hinn, Impe, etc... But they also are doing away with the prophetic prophets in scripture teachings in the course of that. It's as if they're throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Sure.
I think you misunderstood my post. The widow of Paul Crouch revoked the contract of the prophetic fraudsters like Hinn, Impe, etc... But they also are doing away with the prophetic prophets in scripture teachings in the course of that. It's as if they're throwing the baby out with the bath water.
I guess what I am not understanding is how someone "teaches" anything about prophetic scriptures without stating that they are somehow privy to what the scriptures are talking about. And, isn't my claim, or yours, or most anyone's about what a prophecy means, just as valid (or, OTOH, just as heretical) as any of these so-called fakes on TV? It seems this would make most anyone who teaches prophecy, and gives some sort of explanation about them, a candidate for your list of phonies....... even if he was our own beloved local pastor.

I have done a search for this info. but can't find it. Will you tell me a couple of contracts that have been revoked? Thanks

So, it's just the usual program reshuffling. I thought it was "targeted" censorship, or something.

I am not understanding why you would say a change in programming has an evil intent. :shrug

Something Jesus and His disciples were into. The concept and use are demonstrated multiple times in the Bible.

Last edited:
Back