Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Gender of the Holy Spirit : female personality

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Was the female created in the image of God?
Already addressed. It is not the "femaleness" that is in the image of God, but the fact that women can think (mind), feel (heart), make decisions (will), and pray (communicate with God). That is the image of God, and redeemed women will be perfected to resemble Christ (also the image of God). Only mankind (both men and women) have these faculties and these privileges.

By having a shape he can't be omnipresent. Jesus wasn't omnipresent on the earth.
Correct. But He was omniscient and omnipotent. Now He has all three attributes, but He is still in His body. And He is also in the body of every believer.

Correct. But He was omniscient and omnipotent. Now He has all three attributes, but He is still in His body. And He is also in the body of every believer.
Having a body does mean he can't be omnipresent. If man is on the moon and others on the earth is Jesus in both places simultaneously?

In heaven?

By having a shape he can't be omnipresent. Jesus wasn't omnipresent on the earth.

Now you've left what the scripture says and are speculating from a biased opinion.

God created them, both male and female in the image and likeness of Elohim, the Godhead.

Does mankind have a shape or is shapeless.

Jesus is the express image of God.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by HisSon, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person,
Hebrews 1:1-3

You gonna have to do better than just stated your biased opinion.

Either use scripture or I won't consider your post's any longer.

JLB

Last edited:
Already addressed. It is not the "femaleness" that is in the image of God, but the fact that women can think (mind), feel (heart), make decisions (will), and pray (communicate with God). That is the image of God, and redeemed women will be perfected to resemble Christ (also the image of God). Only mankind (both men and women) have these faculties and these privileges.

Use scripture to validate your post.

Explaining away what "created in the image and likeness" means isn't going to cut it.

JLB

Now you've left what the scripture says and are speculating from a biased opinion.

God created them, both male and female in the image and likeness of Elohim, the Godhead.

Does Nanking have a shape or is shapeless.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by HisSon, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person,

Either use scripture or I want consider your post's any longer.

JLB
God had thunder and lighting. Why don't we?he also has many jewels.why don't we?

See revelation, also Jesus is a seven horned seven eyed lamb. Why Aren't We Like that?revelation 5

And I ,John,saw the IMAGE of him who Sat on the throne..

Revalation 4

Last edited:

JLB
Strong words for someone who has far from substantiated their claims and is basing everything on an assumed meaning of "image."

Are you Mormon?

JLB
No sir, you are reading heresy into scripture. The Son of God divested himself of His deity and became a man as are all men and He depended on the Father for everything. Even you and I carry that spirit within us that is the image of God.
Philippians 2:5-11New International Version (NIV)
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: God, of a servant,
6 Who, being in very nature God, of a servant,E)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-29399E" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
being made in human likeness.
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Here's an image for everyone..

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Looks like Jesus to me...

:) Thanks jasonc
Why did you ask?

Indirectly and related to is the belief of the idea angels could mate with women.I have mixed feelings on that as a logical connection to does God have a fleshly is beingg presented by some.

No sir, you are reading heresy into scripture. The Son of God divested himself of His deity and became a man as are all men and He depended on the Father for everything. Even you and I carry that spirit within us that is the image of God.
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: God, of a servant,
6 Who, being in very nature God, of a servant,E)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-29399E" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Try reading this passage carefully.

...who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person,
Hebrews 1:2

Is Jesus the express image of His person?

Case Closed. !

Strong words for someone who has far from substantiated their claims and is basing everything on an assumed meaning of "image."

Are you Mormon?

Image and likeness.

Use scripture to make your point or you will be ignored.

Why did you ask?

Indirectly and related to is the belief of the idea angels could mate with women.I have mixed feelings on that as a logical connection to does God have a fleshly is beingg presented by some.

Can angels manifest in this realm as men?

JLB

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh..,
1 Timothy 3:16

The only Heresy I have seen presented in this thread, was the claim made by you that Jesus was created, and not begotten.

He is the firstborn over all creation.

JLB

31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Ephesians 5:31-32

Can anyone answer this question that was asked previously concerning this mystery?

Who is the mother and father Christ leaves to be joined with His wife?

Furthermore who is the mother and father Adam leaves to be joined with his wife?

JLB

Try reading this passage carefully.

...who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person,
Hebrews 1:2

Is Jesus the express image of His person?

Case Closed. !
You are willfully making the same error that gives birth to all heresy JLB. No scripture, collection of scripture nor any grouping of scripture ca ever be fully understood without the light of all scripture shining on it. You are isolating a scripture from scripture and that is the same thing that caused Jonestown, Waco and so many more. You cannot do that to the word of God.

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh..,
1 Timothy 3:16

The only Heresy I have seen presented in this thread, was the claim made by you that Jesus was created, and not begotten.

He is the firstborn over all creation.

JLB
And I did not say that and if you can show me where I did I can tell you what i meant, you and I have already addressed this.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back