Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

GPS

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
YEA!! I received my GPS.I want to charge the battery but they did not send a charger that has an adapter I can plug into the wall only in my car.Do I go get an adapter that will fit into a wall plug-in?

YEA!! I received my GPS.I want to charge the battery but they did not send a charger that has an adapter I can plug into the wall only in my car.Do I go get an adapter that will fit into a wall plug-in?

It would be easier to just plug it into the car.

You should be able to just plug it into your computer. On the back of the Garmin there is a mini-usb connection. In fact, your Garmin should have come with two cords. One to charge in your car, and the other to connect to your computer so you can update maps and other things on it.

It would be easier to just plug it into the car.

You should be able to just plug it into your computer. On the back of the Garmin there is a mini-usb connection. In fact, your Garmin should have come with two cords. One to charge in your car, and the other to connect to your computer so you can update maps and other things on it.
I have plugged it into my computer on the back because I am trying to download the recent maps.Well I have gotten on the Garmin website and I am trying to put in a password.It keeps saying "it is case sensitive".I have tried capitals and lower case but it won't let me put in a password.

When you're driving in a large enough town/city, be sure to watch the signs for bus-only lanes, Kathi. For some reason, GPS systems can acknowledge the various lanes, but aren't updated yet on bus-only lanes in some towns/cities. Go figure.

I have plugged it into my computer on the back because I am trying to download the recent maps.Well I have gotten on the Garmin website and I am trying to put in a password.It keeps saying "it is case sensitive".I have tried capitals and lower case but it won't let me put in a password.
Did you install the software that came with your Garmin? That should suffice for updating maps and getting other firmware updates.

Lastnight I took it on a run to a place I knew how to get to.It worked great except it gave to a wrong turn coming home.It was an older address.

Is it a good idea to leave the windshield attachment on when the GPS is not on it?Would that give someone more of a reason to break into your car?

Is it a good idea to leave the windshield attachment on when the GPS is not on it?Would that give someone more of a reason to break into your car?
Possibly. I usually take mine down regardless. Mostly because it gets so hot here I don't want the rubber suction cup getting glued to the windshield. Sure, you do end up with some interesting rings on your windshield, but you can clean those off pretty easily.

I was in the middle of never,never land yesterday.I was given direction on how to get there but I had to find my way home.I just pushed "home" and Jill got me home perfectly. :)

I was going somewhere today and my GPS would not recognize an address why is that.Could it have been a wrong address?

I was going somewhere today and my GPS would not recognize an address why is that.Could it have been a wrong address?
Possibly, or it could be a relatively new address. In a case where the garmin doesn't recognize the address you can plug in cross streets, and will at least get you close to where you are going.

Back