Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

GPS

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well,at least you did not have shipping costs :)
I tend to avoid shipping costs when ordering online. Most of the sites I order from offer free shipping on certain items, which I will generally look for.

Newegg.com
Sportsmansguide.com

are just a couple that I use.

Here's something that proves that maps can be purchased showing not everyone (like me) has lifetime updates.

http://www.garmin.com/en-US/maps/updates/

Then again, I don't connect them to my computers, so if they aren't registered, I think you can lose out. If I were to get one of these again, I'd have to take it somewhere to get it updated anyway as I don't have an operating system that can run their software. We have one we bought 2 years ago and it seems reasonably up-to-date, and now you can confirm with a smart phone.

And as additional update, I turned on my Garmin Nuvi 50 GPS just now because my wife and I may need to use it later today. I purchased it in July 2012, and now that I think if it, I did update the maps ONCE last year on an old MS computer (no longer used here). It again says my maps are out of date that it's over a year, and there's a button to press to PURCHASE map updates.

Again, maybe the newer ones come with "lifetime" but be careful of the conditions even if that were the case. There may be stipulations, one of which I know is if the GPS is capable of downloading newer software. Some "lifetimes" may expire after the GPS reaches a certain age. I already had a "lifetime" warranty on a pool cover, and when it wore out in 2 years they said that's the lifetime of the cover!

I concede the point that some Garmin models do not come with unlimited updates, however, it might depend on when they were built, as most, if not all, of the models I looked at did come with it. I purchased the nuvi 40lm, which does.

You can also buy an SD with maps loaded I think. The topo maps have too much data for my Nuvi though.

Back