Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homosexuality, is it Biblical, or not.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Don't patronize me, take your stuffs and begone. To be crystal clear, I do NOT think I'm autistic, Satan does, and you do. Even if I might have been, I've outgrown it. You think it's "empowering" only because you're living in a 1984 dystopia, to be specific, an "intersectionality" cult, where weakness is strength, victimhood is social currency.

Here is a thread I made just now about autism and some signs of it, if you do decide you want to look further into it:

Autism is a disability that affects a lot of stuff. Admitting you need help or assistance in some areas is a-okay, I promise. It doesn't mean you're a victim or that you want to absolve yourself of responsibility. It simply helps to understand yourself better and gives you ways to take better control of your life. It would actually help you take more responsibility.

Dang, I didn't know Satan made autism up to own the conservatives. What a shame.

Here is a thread I made just now about autism and some signs of it, if you do decide you want to look further into it:

Autism is a disability that affects a lot of stuff. Admitting you need help or assistance in some areas is a-okay, I promise. It doesn't mean you're a victim or that you want to absolve yourself of responsibility. It simply helps to understand yourself better and gives you ways to take better control of your life. It would actually help you take more responsibility.

If you do pray for me, pray for a relaxing REM sleep.

Well everyone, it's been fun, especially the last hour or so. But I have a 6 am shift tomorrow and it's midnight. Don't call me, I'll call you :salute

My activity in this thread from here on out may be sparse. It just depends on where I'm at emotionally and stuff if I have the energy. I'm overwhelmingly in the minority on this site when it comes to this topic, so more often than not I just can't do these threads.
Many thanks to Soldiers for being a good bloke and even to Free for intelligent discussion.

If you do pray for me, pray for a relaxing REM sleep.

Guys, this has been a pretty decent discussion on a fairly divisive topic, which I understand. But I had to clean up or edit a few recent posts that were going South. For future reference, please keep your discussions civil. Regardless of one's positions on various issues, we have a responsibility before Christ to address one another respectfully.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Soldiers Here is another link I didn't think of earlier. This is the guy who coined the terms "side A" and "side B".

"I support the Reformed [side A] View. But even so, I still believe that the vast majority of homosexual behavior throughout history has been sinful. (In my opinion, quite a lot of heterosexual behavior has been sinful as well!) I think that the Biblical writers were absolutely correct to condemn the homosexual behaviors they witnessed in their cultures – not only because those behaviors were connected with other sinful behaviors (such as idolatry), but also because the specific acts themselves were wrong.

The passages that mention those acts (often called “clobber passages,” but I don’t care for that term) could be interpreted in two ways. They might condemn only those specific acts and situations, or they might condemn all homosexual behaviors for all time, regardless of situation. For instance, when the Bible speaks negatively of “tax collectors,” we realize that it’s not talking about modern IRS agents. Tax collectors in Jesus’ day were frequently corrupt and cheated people out of more money than they owed. So when the Bible talks about “tax collectors,” it’s not condemning all tax collectors for all time; it’s condemning the specific behaviors of the tax collectors at that time."

When one argues vehemently for a behavior pattern and makes it part of his or her identity, maybe it is time to step back and take time for some introspection.

My advice is to focus on God and study diligently His word.

God's Word does teach that homosexual conduct is a sin. What bothers me about this particular sin, is that many of its practitioners are eager to shove it in the faces of those not interested in it. They want to force society to accept it. They want to make a special protected class for it. I don't see this happening for any other sin except perhaps false religions that do not worship God. I posit this question: Have these individuals made their sexual preference into a god?

Here is another link I didn't think of earlier. This is the guy who coined the terms "side A" and "side B".

"I support the Reformed [side A] View. But even so, I still believe that the vast majority of homosexual behavior throughout history has been sinful. (In my opinion, quite a lot of heterosexual behavior has been sinful as well!) I think that the Biblical writers were absolutely correct to condemn the homosexual behaviors they witnessed in their cultures – not only because those behaviors were connected with other sinful behaviors (such as idolatry), but also because the specific acts themselves were wrong.

The passages that mention those acts (often called “clobber passages,” but I don’t care for that term) could be interpreted in two ways. They might condemn only those specific acts and situations, or they might condemn all homosexual behaviors for all time, regardless of situation. For instance, when the Bible speaks negatively of “tax collectors,” we realize that it’s not talking about modern IRS agents. Tax collectors in Jesus’ day were frequently corrupt and cheated people out of more money than they owed. So when the Bible talks about “tax collectors,” it’s not condemning all tax collectors for all time; it’s condemning the specific behaviors of the tax collectors at that time."
I began reading it and right off the top he uses a false analogy to the tax collector. Tax collecting isn’t a moral and spiritual issue; sex is. When God condemns sexual behaviours, it’s for all time.

He also is not correct in his understanding of Rom 1:18-27. There is nothing at all to suggest it was about fertility cults and rites in Rome; Paul is going back to Genesis. More than that, a close reading of verses 24 and 26 show that the punishment for idolatry was God giving them over to the lusts in their hearts, which included homosexual acts.

Rom 1:24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,
Rom 1:25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; (ESV)

Things like this are why it’s better to go with scholarly resources.

When one argues vehemently for a behavior pattern and makes it part of his or her identity, maybe it is time to step back and take time for some introspection.
Again, it would not require any fanfare at all if it were not for the way we are treated by society and especially by other Christians. It is what it is because we have to build our own communities and because when people are oppressed by others they tend to push back. "You know what, I'm going to gay even harder now"

A plea, if you would. For those who believe I'm in such grave error, I request kindness that I have not been getting from most.

24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people's hearts, and they will learn the truth.
2 Timothy 2:24-25

I'm at work and shouldn't be posting at the moment, but it's burning a hole in my brain and I need to get it out.

Personally I've never found the "created order" argument a convincing one. Like, ok.... so what? Using a tool in a way its not originally intended isn't a bad thing unless you're whacking people over the head with it or something.

But a thought I had, is that the Bible is full of men who were considered righteous and yet caught in sexual sin. Often even unrepentant, apparently. Consider Solomon, who had like 500 wives and concubines.
I'm not saying that sexual sins aren't serious. But it seems like they don't always separate from God? And if homosexuality is a sin, which I don't believe it is, it seems a far lesser offense than having a concubine, who were typically not in that role by their own will. Yanno?

I could be way off base in that last paragraph, it's just a thought off the top of my head.

Sadly, homosexuality is on the list of sins that if practiced will keep a person out of the Kingdom of Heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.

All of us have sins to which we are prone. That does not mean we have to embrace and practice them. I do not make a god out of my fleshly weaknesses. They are not part of my identity. They will die when my flesh dies.

Sadly, homosexuality is on the list of sins that if practiced will keep a person out of the Kingdom of Heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.

All of us have sins to which we are prone. That does not mean we have to embrace and practice them. I do not make a god out of my fleshly weaknesses. They are not part of my identity. They will die when my flesh dies.
The word that has been translated to "homosexual" in this verse is a highly contested word and likely refers to the practice of owning male sex slaves. This was covered in the OP.

Which makes more sense. That practice is actually harmful to another person. Being gay and even practicing gay hurts no one.

The translations are based on the original languages. Even in going to the original languages the Bible is clear that homosexual acts and marriages are sin, which is why the translations say that they are. Many scholars have shown this to be the case.
Going back to what Free said. The Bible is crystal clear. The arguments for homosexual behavior use faulty scholarship.

Let's all remember that any sin can be forgiven.

However, to be forgiven we have to be determined not to commit the sin again.
Jesus told the adulteress woman that He did not condemn her, but to go and sin no more.

Isn't this the crux of the problem?

The word that has been translated to "homosexual" in this verse is a highly contested word and likely refers to the practice of owning male sex slaves. This was covered in the OP.

Which makes more sense. That practice is actually harmful to another person. Being gay and even practicing gay hurts no one.
Hi Even,
Your last sentence is not true and is the only reason I care to participate in this thread.
Homosexuality is very personal. However it is not only between you and God. It affects all of society in different ways.

Hi Even,
Your last sentence is not true and is the only reason I care to participate in this thread.
Homosexuality is very personal. However it is not only between you and God. It affects all of society in different ways.
That's a topic that I feel is impossible to prove. It's opinion only.

Back