Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How's your weather today, where you live?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nick: Wow, sympathize with the guys on Bondi Beach just now...

(They will be closing the Harbour Bridge next, in case someone gets hurt, or something...)
Nah, the Harbour Bridge will be fine. It's the ferries on the harbour that they would have closed today.

You seem obsessed by Bondi Beach, lol. :biggrin

Nah, the Harbour Bridge will be fine. It's the ferries on the harbour that they would have closed today.

You seem obsessed by Bondi Beach, lol. :biggrin

...Umm, users of Bondi Beach seem obsessed by it. (Australian surfer types, etc...)

Actually most people there are tourists. Yes, there are Aussie surfers, but most of them go to better beaches :biggrin

N: Well, by reputation at least, it's the place to be seen, to tan, to be seen tanning (& combinations thereof...)...

N: Well, by reputation at least, it's the place to be seen, to tan, to be seen tanning (& combinations thereof...)...
Possibly true.

And yes, the tanning culture is pretty steadfast in the Aussie culture. Perhaps that's why 1 in 2 Aussies will develop some sort of skin cancer in their lifetime. :gah

Possibly true.

And yes, the tanning culture is pretty steadfast in the Aussie culture. Perhaps that's why 1 in 2 Aussies will develop some sort of skin cancer in their lifetime. :gah

N: ...and maybe the being seen tanning is even more important that the tan aspect...

In this respect, how closely 'policed' Bondi is, may kind of vary, I guess, so it's just as well for the visitor to know what to expect.

(But maybe we won't go there too far.)
Not sure why Bondi needs to be policed more than any other place. I'm sure police include the beach as part of their patrol, but there's no real reason to pay any special attention. The lifeguards will call the police if the need arises.

Not sure why Bondi needs to be policed more than any other place. I'm sure police include the beach as part of their patrol, but there's no real reason to pay any special attention. The lifeguards will call the police if the need arises.

Nick: I guess I'm talking about it in relation to tanning habits.

-20F (-29C) this morning with light winds bringing the windchill down to about -35F (-37C). It is sunny at the moment though so it looks really nice out there. It's actually not too bad. Wind is the worst. I'll take a -20 degree day with no wind easier than a 0 degree day with a -20 windchill any time.

All over the place as usual. It was warm Monday through Tues, we had severe thunderstorms and tornadoes Wed ,it was cool throughout the day on Thurs, now it's freezing early this morning today Friday.

All over the place as usual. It was warm Monday through Tues, we had severe thunderstorms and tornadoes Wed ,it was cool throughout the day on Thurs, now it's freezing early this morning today Friday.

LadyLoves: Tornadoes? keep your head down...:)

-20F (-29C) this morning with light winds bringing the windchill down to about -35F (-37C). It is sunny at the moment though so it looks really nice out there. It's actually not too bad. Wind is the worst. I'll take a -20 degree day with no wind easier than a 0 degree day with a -20 windchill any time.

WIP:

I know what you mean about the windchill!

You guys in Minn. do get it cold though, at least, by US standards.

I'm sure we Minnesotans have nothing on the northern provinces though. Of course, we do have the north slopes of Alaska to our credit. If one would call it a credit. :biggrin

I'm sure we Minnesotans have nothing on the northern provinces though. Of course, we do have the north slopes of Alaska to our credit. If one would call it a credit. :biggrin

WIP: Well, the US Navy sails through the Canadian North-west passage... :)

Snowing here now. Visibility is getting worse. Can't see home anymore (10 miles away). Probably should leave here while I still can.

Back