Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study If people were vegetarian would the world be a more peaceful loving place?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say anything g about eating alone. That is adding to the scripture
Better is a herbs with love there in ..then an oxen ate with hatred.

Look my wife and I have strife .I literally see this verse daily .

I have eat by myself In solitude away from here .you read into that .if Blood makes you full of hatred then Jesus sinned as he ate meat .that is your position.

Look even the Jews see the animals system as bad today but don't say this.they teach a new Torah without blood atonement will come .

Sounds familiar ,the cross .

I am not the only christian with this belief. I found this one person saying that I am actually right and you are wrong.

Quote: Nothing could be clearer. God does not want us to eat meat. People are made in God's image and animals are not, but this spiritual difference is not sufficiently morally significant to allow killing animals for food. Killing another person is a capital crime and a sin. Killing an animal is just a sin.

Better is a herbs with love there in ..then an oxen ate with hatred.

Look my wife and I have strife .I literally see this verse daily .

I have eat by myself In solitude away from here .you read into that .if Blood makes you full of hatred then Jesus sinned as he ate meat .that is your position.

Look even the Jews see the animals system as bad today but don't say this.they teach a new Torah without blood atonement will come .

Sounds familiar ,the cross .
You know jesus did get angry sometimes. I don't think eating meat is a sin. But its probably not actually a good thing that can cause anger. God hates some people and he can get angry. Maybe he could of had a steak house steak I dunno. A bloody hamburger made me go crazy

In those times an oxen with a fat means a good meal and God rebuked the diaspora over them offering their less then best offerings .

The fat of the offering had a purpose and also Abraham and others entreated strangers with their best oxen or lamb .it was a sign of friendship .

You know jesus did get angry sometimes. I don't think eating meat is a sin. But its probably not actually a good thing that can cause anger. God hates some people and he can get angry. Maybe he could of had a steak house steak I dunno. A bloody hamburger made me go crazy
He got angry over sin .

The Father in heaven who never took human form got angry and judged .

You can't argue any vegan is peaceful all the time .I know better .

Hitler was vegan .

I did not say eating meat is a sin. Can you please stop saying that. And you are being very contentious.

Genesis 1:29-30
[29]And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
[30]And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Proverbs 15:17
[17]Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Proverbs 23:20
[20]Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:

Did eating meat make people filled with hate and bring upon themselves the great flood. Afterwards God gave the go ahead to eat meat

You are what you eat. If eating vegetables makes you more loving and peaceful and eating meat brings hate and strife is world peace even possible? I don't think they eat meat in heaven because the lions lay down with lambs and there is no killing there. In heaven do people even eat food at all?
What we eat doesn't determine how we act.
Jesus ate meat, and He turned out just fine.
Adam and Eve didn't eat meat, and we see how they turned out.

I don't recall the bible saying anything at all about what Cain would eat...
The bible stated what each of the brothers considered valuable.
It is written..."And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground."
Cain, the tiller of the ground, killed Abel, the keeper of sheep.

[29]And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
[30]And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

[17]Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Did eating meat make people filled with hate and bring upon themselves the great flood. Afterwards God gave the go ahead to eat meat

You are what you eat. If eating vegetables makes you more loving and peaceful and eating meat brings hate and strife is world peace even possible? I don't think they eat meat in heaven because the lions lay down with lambs and there is no killing there. In heaven do people even eat food at all?
Actually God gave man just vegetables before the flood so logically, eating only vegetables made the world a horrible place. He gave them meat afterwards and the world has never ever gotten as bad as that all vegetarian planet.

I think we will have meat at the Lamb’s table in heaven.

If the world now became vegetarian, there’d be an unhealthy focus on food same as vegetarians and worse, vegans, make food a much larger matter in their lives some even boasting they are better people as they are saving the planet by insisting others take extra trouble to meet their chosen (not medical)eating requirements.

I find some of them to be selfish towards hosts. They say they’re saving “the planet” but making some poor hostess spend money and energy on meeting their requirements. The Bible actually tells believers to eat what is put in front of you asking no questions as to it’s origins. We’re not supposed to make what we eat an idol.

Your whole premise is destroyed by Cain.
He was a farmer, a vegitarian, yet he murdered his brother, because he was angry, resentful and essentially sinful.

The consquence of sin is strife.
Read James 4: 1-3.

We are far more than what we eat.

What we eat doesn't determine how we act.
Jesus ate meat, and He turned out just fine.
Adam and Eve didn't eat meat, and we see how they turned out.
I don't agree with what you are saying sorry. You really are what you eat. It goes without saying

Actually God gave man just vegetables before the flood so logically, eating only vegetables made the world a horrible place. He gave them meat afterwards and the world has never ever gotten as bad as that all vegetarian planet.

I think we will have meat at the Lamb’s table in heaven.

If the world now became vegetarian, there’d be an unhealthy focus on food same as vegetarians and worse, vegans, make food a much larger matter in their lives some even boasting they are better people as they are saving the planet by insisting others take extra trouble to meet their chosen (not medical)eating requirements.

I find some of them to be selfish towards hosts. They say they’re saving “the planet” but making some poor hostess spend money and energy on meeting their requirements. The Bible actually tells believers to eat what is put in front of you asking no questions as to it’s origins. We’re not supposed to make what we eat an idol.
Just because in the beginning God said only eat plants do you think all people actually obeyed him? They probably eat meat anyway. And that probably caused the hate according to that proverbs verse I first mentioned.

Your whole premise is destroyed by Cain.
He was a farmer, a vegitarian, yet he murdered his brother, because he was angry, resentful and essentially sinful.

The consquence of sin is strife.
Read James 4: 1-3.

We are far more than what we eat.
The bible does not say that Cain was a vegetarian. I don't know why y'all are calling me wrong. And y'all are making up bible verses. Stuff that isn't even in there.

Mar 7:18 And He *said to them, “Are you lacking understanding in this way as well? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him,
Mar 7:19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and goes to the sewer?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)

Christ declared all foods to be clean.

What is your opinion on those verses?

Grace and peace to you.

Mar 7:18 And He *said to them, “Are you lacking understanding in this way as well? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him,
Mar 7:19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and goes to the sewer?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)

Christ declared all foods to be clean.

What is your opinion on those verses?

Grace and peace to you.
I'm not sure why Jesus would go against God's word in the old testament. And I don't understand why y'all don't trust this bible verse.

Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, Than a fatted calf with hatred

Jesus does not always agree with God. Jesus actually told me wants that God wants to destroy the world but Jesus wants it to continue. He actually did not want to go to the cross but he said your will be done not mine. He said the angels would have fought his accusers to prevent him from going to the cross. So it sounds you all disagree with what proverbs 15:17 is saying. And remember Jesus did say that he is not good only God is good. You can disagree with God's word in the old testament if you wish. I don't always agree with the new testament. Really I don't even get too much into the holy bible. It actually does have some flaws. Because of false scribes and false translators. I don't like how Christians will disagree with the bible. They just find another verse that sounds like it conflicts with that verse and argue about it. I don't like that at all. I wrote my own little children's bible that I prayed God would use me to write. And it does not cause any conflict.

I'm not sure why Jesus would go against God's word in the old testament. And I don't understand why y'all don't trust this bible verse.

Jesus does not always agree with God. Jesus actually told me wants that God wants to destroy the world but Jesus wants it to continue. He actually did not want to go to the cross but he said your will be done not mine. He said the angels would have fought his accusers to prevent him from going to the cross. So it sounds you all disagree with what proverbs 15:17 is saying. And remember Jesus did say that he is not good only God is good. You can disagree with God's word in the old testament if you wish. I don't always agree with the new testament. Really I don't even get too much into the holy bible. It actually does have some flaws. Because of false scribes and false translators. I don't like how Christians will disagree with the bible. They just find another verse that sounds like it conflicts with that verse and argue about it. I don't like that at all. I wrote my own little children's bible that I prayed God would use me to write. And it does not cause any conflict.
There is a lot going on in your reply.

The Lord talks to you?

Do you understand that Jesus is God?

In context....

Proverbs 15:1-17

KIND WORDS AND GLAD HEARTS

Pro_15:1-17

A soft answer; the tongue of the wise; a wholesome tongue; the lips of the wise; the prayer of the upright-these keywords touch one of the greatest departments of human influence. If we can rule our speech, or at least hand over our tongue and lips to the keeping of God’s Spirit, what a world of trouble we should save ourselves and others! And God would keep watch over us and for us. See Pro_15:3, r.v.

Notice, also, the inducements to a right and holy life! Treasure in the house; answered prayer; the love of God; a cheerful heart; a contented mind-such are some of the by-products and experiences of those whose life is “hid with Christ in God.” When we put first things in the first place, all else is added.

What a comfort it is that God searcheth our hearts and knoweth them altogether! Yes, and even when He chastens and corrects us, it is well. There is no bliss comparable to that of the forgiven sinner, who is called into “the secret place of the Most High.”

Grace and peace to you

Eating meat does not make anyone angry. God gave us meat to eat as in herbs and animals.

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

I am not the only christian with this belief. I found this one person saying that I am actually right and you are wrong.
So, do you study by a majority rule system, or do you study that of what has already been written without reading between the lines adding your own perspective. First you say eating meat is a sin and then saying it is not, which is it as you can not have it both ways.

BTW, I know you are new hear and we do not tell others they are wrong and we are right, but to discuss the things we do not agree on. Telling others they are wrong is disrespectful and only shows pride in one own self. Please go back and read the Terms of Service you agreed with when you became a member. I will not give you any violations at this time, but to know in the future any violation of the ToS will be points against your membership here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back