Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study If people were vegetarian would the world be a more peaceful loving place?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with what you are saying sorry. You really are what you eat. It goes without saying

Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man
: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

I'm not sure why Jesus would go against God's word in the old testament. And I don't understand why y'all don't trust this bible verse.

Proverbs 15:17
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, Than a fatted calf with hatred

Jesus does not always agree with God. Jesus actually told me wants that God wants to destroy the world but Jesus wants it to continue. He actually did not want to go to the cross but he said your will be done not mine. He said the angels would have fought his accusers to prevent him from going to the cross. So it sounds you all disagree with what proverbs 15:17 is saying. And remember Jesus did say that he is not good only God is good. You can disagree with God's word in the old testament if you wish. I don't always agree with the new testament. Really I don't even get too much into the holy bible. It actually does have some flaws. Because of false scribes and false translators. I don't like how Christians will disagree with the bible. They just find another verse that sounds like it conflicts with that verse and argue about it. I don't like that at all. I wrote my own little children's bible that I prayed God would use me to write. And it does not cause any conflict.
a) It's not that people don't trust the verse from Proverbs, it's just that you have clearly misinterpreted it. Here is a better translation: "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened ox where there is hatred." NET
b) You're "going off the deep end", my friend. You wrote, "Really I don't even get too much into the holy bible. ... I don't like how Christians will disagree with the bible. Christians will disagree with the bible" 1) You don't "get too much into" the Bible, 2) you don't like how Christians will disagree with the bible (excluding yourself?), 3) They just find another verse that sounds like it conflicts with that verse and argue about it. I don't like that at all" yet that is what you are doing with Proverbs 15:17

I think you need to take a break and reflect on what you're writing.

Really I don't even get too much into the holy bible.
There is where your problem is as you do not allow the Holy Spirit teach you. You refute all scripture given to you as you seem to not follow that of what has already been written thinking the Bible is filled with falseness. How then do you draw your own conclusions if not through the Holy Spirit teaching you. Here is one more verse for your consideration.

1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Tim 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Tim 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Tim 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Tim 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man
: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
I dunno why but the bible can cause conflict and division. You are also disagreeing with that verse in proverbs and yes you are what you eat. Some people give up on the bible because of all the contradictions. I don't want to disagree with people over the bible. I read the whole book and studied it for a long time. I just recently gave up on the book. I would much rather read the book I wrote or a good children's bible. The bible is a serious book. It contains the mind of God and who can always understand him or be his counselor? Lean not on your own understanding

Jesus does not always agree with God
WOW, you are treading in dangerous territory my friend As God and Jesus are one.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

You said that is a better version of the verse but it is saying the same thing. Do any of y'all actually see the same thing I am seeing in the verse? I do have the holy spirit in my heart I am not leaning on my own understanding. And I'm not arguing. Y'all are not trusting me at all about the truth. It looks to me you are all taking that verse out of context. I dont know what view point you are all talking about. The verse is pretty much saying a meal of vegetables brings a person love in their heart and a meal of ox brings hatred in a person's heart. I am sorry but that is what I see in that verse and I don't know why Jesus would differ on the topic he can be like that sometimes

Just because in the beginning God said only eat plants do you think all people actually obeyed him?
Without description of such we cannot say they didn’t. We cannot base a theory on an assumption not even hinted at.
They probably eat meat anyway. And that probably caused the hate according to that proverbs verse I first mentioned.
They probably didn’t. And men have never been as hateful since meat was legitimately on the menu. This is a fact.

WOW, you are treading in dangerous territory my friend As God and Jesus are one.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Well don't you think y'all could be on dangerous grounds for not trusting that verse in proverbs? That's like saying you or Jesus are telling the truth and its like you are saying g God the father is a liar???? Seriously. I don't want anymore contention over the bible. I should have known I would run into this in the questions and a answers section. That's one reason I don't read the holy bible anymore

I dunno why but the bible can cause conflict and division. You are also disagreeing with that verse in proverbs and yes you are what you eat. Some people give up on the bible because of all the contradictions. I don't want to disagree with people over the bible. I read the whole book and studied it for a long time. I just recently gave up on the book. I would much rather read the book I wrote or a good children's bible. The bible is a serious book. It contains the mind of God and who can always understand him or be his counselor? Lean not on your own understanding
The Bible does not cause conflict, but how others interpret the scriptures is what causes division. In most cases just using one single verse without the full context can lead the mind to lean on one's own understanding. You say you have read the whole Bible and studied it, but it seems since you believe it to be a book of falseness then why even quote from it. Sir, you have never even allowed the Holy Spirit to teach you, but to only believe in what you have written in your book from a carnal mind of that which makes sense to you.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

We are not judging you, but tying to show you that you are on a wide path that will lead to your destruction if you do not find that narrow path to walk on.

Y'all are not trusting me at all about the truth
Why should we trust anyone who says the Bible is false, but yet quotes from it not giving the full context and then turns around and writes his own book telling others to believe in what you have written. Do you see us as fools!!!

You should lean not on your own understanding, as basing your doctrine on the misinterpretation of a single verse in Proverbs is a serious mistake.

Luke why would Jesus say that food cant
The Bible does not cause conflict, but how others interpret the scriptures is what causes division. In most cases just using one single verse without the full context can lead the mind to lean on one's own understanding. You say you have read the whole Bible and studied it, but it seems since you believe it to be a book of falseness then why even quote from it. Sir, you have never even allowed the Holy Spirit to teach you, but to only believe in what you have written in your book from a carnal mind of that which makes sense to you.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

We are not judging you, but tying to show you that you are on a wide path that will lead to your destruction if you do not find that narrow path to walk on.
Thats not true and that is not nice to say that the holy spirit has never taught me. You are not in my shoes. The holy spirit actually has taught me. And I am Christian with the holy spirit. Don't judge another person's heart you don't know. That could be dangerous. You could have denied the holy spirit. No wonder a lot of people don't like Christians. My book is not carnal it is spiritual. You may have actually blasphemed the holy spirit I hope you may know. I do trust the bible but I do know that even the bible says not everything in it is true. Do you deny that the holy spirit taught me that you cannot separate true love and some things ate worth fighting for???

Well don't you think y'all could be on dangerous grounds for not trusting that verse in proverbs? That's like saying you or Jesus are telling the truth and its like you are saying g God the father is a liar???? Seriously. I don't want anymore contention over the bible. I should have known I would run into this in the questions and a answers section. That's one reason I don't read the holy bible anymore
I won't discuss any6thing with you in the future. Bye.

The bible is a serious book. It contains the mind of God and who can always understand him or be his counselor? Lean not on your own understanding
Then why do you run it down calling the writings that God gave to the Prophets and Apostles to write. Why would God need a counselor when He is the greatest counselor.

I can't even find a church where I feel welcome. They can be very judgemental and say mean things even blasphemous. I kind of gave up on church

Then why do you run it down calling the writings that God gave to the Prophets and Apostles to write. Why would God need a counselor when He is the greatest counselor.
I didn't say that God needs a counselor. But one time I told him he might need to chill out a little bit and not take things so seriously all the time.

Luke why would Jesus say that food cant

Thats not true and that is not nice to say that the holy spirit has never taught me. You are not in my shoes. The holy spirit actually has taught me. And I am Christian with the holy spirit. Don't judge another person's heart you don't know. That could be dangerous. You could have denied the holy spirit. No wonder a lot of people don't like Christians. My book is not carnal it is spiritual. You may have actually blasphemed the holy spirit I hope you may know. I do trust the bible but I do know that even the bible says not everything in it is true. Do you deny that the holy spirit taught me that you cannot separate true love and some things ate worth fighting for???
It's only evident as you say the Bible is full of falseness and that we should believe everything you say. Whether you realize it or not that is someone who has a haughty prideful heart that is closed to trying to understand what others are showing you within the full context of scripture. When someone says to read only their book as it is truth what else are we to think. I never said that you do not have a heart for the Lord or that you do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, but that it is apparent that you are not receiving what the Spirit of God wants you to learn as it's by the words you speak against the Bible that makes us question you.

No one should have to fight for that of what one writes as I have written two books and hundreds of articles and I would never ask anyone to believe what I have written, but to take the scriptures I give and pray and ask the Holy Spirit teach them all truths. I don't know everything and sometimes I make mistakes, but when I do the Holy Spirit always sends me someone who has more Spiritual knowledge then I do and am very grateful for correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back