Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John Calvin's Heretical Teaching

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I will challenge you or any other on here, to show from the context and Greek of John 3:16-18, that it does not say

"for God SO LOVES the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE" with Saving Love
He didnt love Esau with saving Love Rom 9:13 nor the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 so you sound foolish

Yes, before the elect are saved and converted they are unbelievers dead in sin and ungodly, however they werent condemned, since Christ had died for them, His death did away with their condemnation and unbelief.

what complete RUBBISH! When a person is UNSAVED, they are CONDEMNED, because they DO NOT believe as John 3:18 clearly says! Your theology is utter NONSENSE, which is why many so called "reformed" churches are closing all over the world, as here in the UK, because of their FALSE theology!

what complete RUBBISH! When a person is UNSAVED, they are CONDEMNED, because they DO NOT believe as John 3:18 clearly says! Your theology is utter NONSENSE, which is why many so called "reformed" churches are closing all over the world, as here in the UK, because of their FALSE theology!
The unbeliever Christ died for is reconciled to God by His death even while an enemy Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we[believers] were enemies[unbelievers], we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So they were reconciled, not condemned as unbelievers. Jn 3:18 those unbelievers are people Christ didnt die for.

He didnt love Esau with saving Love Rom 9:13 nor the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5 so you sound foolish

Do you know any Greek?

Open your eyes to TRUTH and you just might learn

A T Robertson

But Esau I hated (ton de Esau emisēsa). This language sounds a bit harsh to us. It is possible that the word miseō did not always carry the full force of what we mean by “hate.” See Mat_6:24 where these very verbs (miseō and agapaō) are contrasted. So also in Luk_14:26 about “hating” (miseō) one’s father and mother if coming between one and Christ. So in Joh_12:25 about “hating” one’s life. There is no doubt about God’s preference for Jacob and rejection of Esau, but in spite of Sanday and Headlam one hesitates to read into these words here the intense hatred that has always existed between the descendants of Jacob and of Esau.

J H Thayer Greek Lexicon

Rom_9:13, the signification to love less, to postpone in love or esteem, to slight, through oversight of the circumstance that ’the Orientals, in accordance with their greater excitability, are accustomed both to feel and to profess love and hate where we Occidentals, with our cooler temperament, feel and express nothing more than interest in, or disregard and indifference to a thing

G Abbott Smith Greek Lexicon

As the Heb. H8130 is sometimes found with the modified sense of indifference to or relative disregard for one thing in comparison with another

BDAG Greek Lexicon

" to be disinclined to, disfavor, disregard in contrast to preferential treatment ...Rom 9:13"

The unbeliever Christ died for is reconciled to God by His death even while an enemy Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we[believers] were enemies[unbelievers], we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So they were reconciled, not condemned as unbelievers. Jn 3:18 those unbelievers are people Christ didnt die for.

Show from John 3:16-18, that God does not Love with Saving Love the entire human race.

When you can deal with this passage, then you will understand the True Love of God

I have also shown that Luke's account of the Lord's Supper, shows that Judas took It. If it was not for him, then Jesus would have waited for Judas to have left the room,. and then given it to the 11. This is beyond any doubt that Jesus Himself says that He died for Judas!

Do you know any Greek?

Open your eyes to TRUTH and you just might learn

A T Robertson

But Esau I hated (ton de Esau emisēsa). This language sounds a bit harsh to us. It is possible that the word miseō did not always carry the full force of what we mean by “hate.” See Mat_6:24 where these very verbs (miseō and agapaō) are contrasted. So also in Luk_14:26 about “hating” (miseō) one’s father and mother if coming between one and Christ. So in Joh_12:25 about “hating” one’s life. There is no doubt about God’s preference for Jacob and rejection of Esau, but in spite of Sanday and Headlam one hesitates to read into these words here the intense hatred that has always existed between the descendants of Jacob and of Esau.

J H Thayer Greek Lexicon

Rom_9:13, the signification to love less, to postpone in love or esteem, to slight, through oversight of the circumstance that ’the Orientals, in accordance with their greater excitability, are accustomed both to feel and to profess love and hate where we Occidentals, with our cooler temperament, feel and express nothing more than interest in, or disregard and indifference to a thing

G Abbott Smith Greek Lexicon

As the Heb. H8130 is sometimes found with the modified sense of indifference to or relative disregard for one thing in comparison with another

BDAG Greek Lexicon

" to be disinclined to, disfavor, disregard in contrast to preferential treatment ...Rom 9:13"
You bare false witness, God didnt Love Esau and he was part of the human race Rom 9:13 also the workers of iniquity of Ps 5:5 God doesnt love them but hates them

Show from John 3:16-18, that God does not Love with Saving Love the entire human race.

When you can deal with this passage, then you will understand the True Love of God

I have also shown that Luke's account of the Lord's Supper, shows that Judas took It. If it was not for him, then Jesus would have waited for Judas to have left the room,. and then given it to the 11. This is beyond any doubt that Jesus Himself says that He died for Judas!
Again the unbelievers in Jn 3:18 who are already condemned, are people Christ didnt love nor did He lay down His Life for. All unbelievers Christ died for were by His death reconciled to God.

You bare false witness, God didnt Love Esau and he was part of the human race Rom 9:13 also the workers of iniquity of Ps 5:5 God doesnt love them but hates them

Typical Calvinistic responses!

All you are interested in is to argue, even when you are WRONG!

I have shown from leading Greek authorities, that the Greek, miseō, when contrasted with agapaō, does not mean HATE, and yet you argue your complete RUBBISH!

The context in Romans 9 is clear to those who are not BLIND by their warped theology, that God PREFERRED that Esau should SERVE Jacob. NOTHING about any salvation!

I will not be responding to your childish NONSENSE any more!

Typical Calvinistic responses!

All you are interested in is to argue, even when you are WRONG!

I have shown from leading Greek authorities, that the Greek, miseō, when contrasted with agapaō, does not mean HATE, and yet you argue your complete RUBBISH!

The context in Romans 9 is clear to those who are not BLIND by their warped theology, that God PREFERRED that Esau should SERVE Jacob. NOTHING about any salvation!

I will not be responding to your childish NONSENSE any more!
The entire book of Romans is about Salvation, and so is Rom 9. Did God love the person Esau ? Was he part of the human race Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Asked and answered (and the answer ignored) ... I think it was around post #27.

Now prove this wrong

If you want to call Rom 9:13 and Ps 5:5 false theology, be my guess, but the same word will judge you in the day of Judgement.

Does God have a brother?

God killed the entire generation of Noah (except for 8 people), but splitting the hair between killing and murder with respect to God’s right to take a life is above my pay grade.

I THINK … your question was a rhetorical ploy and not an honest conversation.

Do you hate your father and mother?

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26

JLB

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26

JLB

The reformed probably do!

Reactions: JLB
But you state that God does not love the unregenerated.

So does He love even the unregenerate or not?

God loves the world of unregenerate sinners, that He sent His Son to die for the world, that the world would be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

JLB

God loves the world of unregenerate sinners, that He sent His Son to die for the world, that the world would be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

JLB
Of course.

JLB
This isnt about what man does, this is about God hated some people, they were excluded from His Love Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Ps 5:5
5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Now if you believe God loved these individuals, you flat out oppose scripture.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back