Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judgement coming september 2015 to america...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nothing to worry about till homosexuality is legalized, our country's economic melt down is finalized, and WWIII starts in the middle east.
Till then, keep watching "i am Cait", and enjoy the big screen.

How exactly perfect was prophecy saying many false prophets will arise through christianity. I mean,the majority, near all false prophecy, comes out of christianity. Its got a overwhelming amount now. It would be in the thousands.
Yes, that is a most interesting phenomena indeed. But it is not unique to christianity. Other sects have their own forms of "infighting" too. I saw the Dali Lama stuck both flesh feet in his mouth the other day by saying if there were to be a female head lama, she'd have to be "good looking." Ooops! Major flesh flash from the lama in chief!

Would any of us take seriously anyone who said "I am Christ?" Or be deceived by such? Probably not. We are hardened skeptics for the most part, for good reasons. I've had a few people tell me they are Christ or Jesus or some other historical figure of note. Most of them I've encountered are on skid row, and are suffering from various mental maladies. Or they are some nutcase who believe they were some figure of importance in their past life. Why is it that few of these ever say they were just a poor peasant pauper who had a meaningless past life, or were an amoeba or a virus or a bacteria or a snake or a goat or something?

Reincarnated women all seem to lean to being Cleopatra or the queen of sheba previously, and a lot of reincarnated men were rulers or geniuses or some great personage. go figure.

It says in scripture this is the last hour. People have placed more time and energy about whats going on around them than anything else.

We might logically conclude by now that the last hour isn't clock time, huh?

Historical christianity has a penchant for thinking they were the last generation, and that their particular foe's of the day were the anti-Christ. Do you know how many very important figures of protestantism thought that the pope's of their day were the anti-Christ? It's almost laughable at this point. So, as each and every last one of these religious fantasies were proven false, the anti-Christ paintings were made more generic.

Now it's just the seat or the conglomerate or the magisterium, rather than the man, cause all their guesswork pulled up lame.

zzzzzz
http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/what-did-reformers-believe.html

For the record, nope. It is an easily proven scriptural impossibility. Yet they ALL fell for that angle. It's really become a "growth" industry at this point, which of course is all done for cash from the gullible. Again, go figure. I regret having spent what little I did on Dave Hunt's books. "The Woman Rides the Beast" for example, which I thought was fantasic about 22 years ago. Live and learn. Dave just pinched me for a few bucks is all. God rest his soul. I'm sure his family is quite enjoying his fortune.

Yip, 2000 years is a long hour. Lol.

Or the last days. Days mean more than one day; and a day is like 1000 years to God.

So the last days can be 4000 5000+ years. Even 20000 years if God wants it to be. Lol.

Yip, 2000 years is a long hour. Lol.

Or the last days. Days mean more than one day; and a day is like 1000 years to God.

So the last days can be 4000 5000+ years. Even 20000 years if God wants it to be. Lol.

Most are persuaded by these kinds of postures that Jesus is going to be returning. But if we hear Jesus, did He ever leave us or forsake us?

Uh, no.

Believers sometimes use these things to remind themselves to clean up their act before Jesus comes back, as if He doesn't know? lol

We might logically conclude by now that the last hour isn't clock time, huh?

Historical christianity has a penchant for thinking they were the last generation, and that their particular foe's of the day were the anti-Christ. Do you know how many very important figures of protestantism thought that the pope's of their day were the anti-Christ? It's almost laughable at this point. So, as each and every last one of these religious fantasies were proven false, the anti-Christ paintings were made more generic.

Now it's just the seat or the conglomerate or the magisterium, rather than the man, cause all their guesswork pulled up lame.

zzzzzz

For the record, nope. It is an easily proven scriptural impossibility. Yet they ALL fell for that angle. It's really become a "growth" industry at this point, which of course is all done for cash from the gullible. Again, go figure. I regret having spent what little I did on Dave Hunt's books. "The Woman Rides the Beast" for example, which I thought was fantasic about 22 years ago. Live and learn. Dave just pinched me for a few bucks is all. God rest his soul. I'm sure his family is quite enjoying his fortune.

i like the way Cotton Mather put it..

Cotton Mather
(1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

tob

i like the way Cotton Mather put it..

Cotton Mather
(1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

tob

Speak evil of no man. Titus 3:2
Do good unto all men. Gal. 6:10
The anti-Christ is a spirit, not a man. 1 John 4:3
Love your neighbors as yourself. Romans 13:8-10

If the anti-Christ is a man, then we ourselves, fail to obey our dictates. Therefore, it ain't happenin. There will be no flesh man standing as thee anti-Christ. And even IF there was, we are to love our enemies in any case. Luke 6:7.

And Cotton didn't have a clue and did not see any man as thee anti-Christ, even though that boogie man is good for proselytizing RCC members by other sect's clergy. The pope or any other member of any clergy is a common sinner, just like we all are. It doesn't pay any spiritual dividends to be a hypocrite. Luke 18:11

From Constantine down the papacy is Antichrist, this used to be required reading to graduate seminary, have you read it?

http://biblebelievers.com/foxes/findex.htm

tob
I doubt there is any christian posture, doctrine or position that I haven't examined in 3 plus decades of belief in Christ. Do I believe that the pope or their system is the anti-christ? Uh, no.

Just to show how bizarre this whole notion can get, some christian legalists and Messianic's believe Paul was the anti-Christ. Many believers are off the wall on this subject. Google it and you'll find 800,000 references. I doubt that there are that many nutcases who believe this, but it IS believed by more than a few "so called" christians.

Religious people can turn a bit nutzO if they are not careful with this subject matter.

So, I simply observe, why not see the obvious culprit? The devil, Satan, is obviously anti-Christ.

I doubt there is any christian posture, doctrine or position that I haven't examined in 3 plus decades of belief in Christ. Do I believe that the pope or their system is the anti-christ? Uh, no.

Just to show how bizarre this whole notion can get, some christian legalists and Messianic's believe Paul was the anti-Christ. Many believers are off the wall on this subject. Google it and you'll find 800,000 references. I doubt that there are that many nutcases who believe this, but it IS believed by more than a few "so called" christians.

Religious people can turn a bit nutzO if they are not careful with this subject matter.

So, I simply observe, why not see the obvious culprit? The devil, Satan, is obviously anti-Christ.

Satan needs a vessel as he did in Judas case, two times son of perdition is mentioned in scripture one was Judas the other Antichrist. Have a look at Revelation 2: 1-13 and then have a look at this..

https://books.google.com/books?id=i...h3trQMf#v=onepage&q=Antipas anti papa&f=false

tob

Satan needs a vessel as he did in Judas case, two times son of perdition is mentioned in scripture one was Judas the other Antichrist. Have a look at Revelation 2: 1-13 and then have a look at this..

https://books.google.com/books?id=iX4cmDeh5oEC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=Antipas anti papa&source=bl&ots=9JH0I-P_pv&sig=nitYEclhJPBhlLUzxDl8Z1p4nR0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCoQ6AEwA2oVChMI4YWpwq-iyAIVjJkeCh3trQMf#v=onepage&q=Antipas anti papa&f=false

tob

It's always religiously convenient to see some other "man" as the problem. It is much more difficult to understand that our own sin is of the devil. 1 John 3:8. I expect to see every pope that ever lived, in heaven, along with every member of the clergy, and every sinner whom, by the Holy Spirit, has called Jesus, Lord and/or has called upon Him to save them.

If I want to observe the other side of the ledgers, I'll look to Satan and his messengers as I know they are anti-Christ and will NOT be saved. And I'll observe my own sins which begin, always by temptations of the tempter. So, where is the anti-Christ in that equation? A lot closer to home than most believers 'can' see.

Our bodies die because of sin. Who sits in the temple of man, sinning?

2 Thessalonians 2:
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

So, who sits in the Temple of God? Are you and I and every believer NOT the temple of God? You really think the Vatican is the "temple of God?" Uh, NO! Our bodies are that temple, and our bodies are destroyed in death because of SIN.

Paul could not have pinpointed the real culprit any better than here:

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

It's always religiously convenient to see some other "man" as the problem. It is much more difficult to understand that our own sin is of the devil. 1 John 3:8. I expect to see every pope that ever lived, in heaven, along with every member of the clergy, and every sinner whom, by the Holy Spirit, has called Jesus, Lord and/or has called upon Him to save them.

If I want to observe the other side of the ledgers, I'll look to Satan and his messengers as I know they are anti-Christ and will NOT be saved. And I'll observe my own sins which begin, always by temptations of the tempter. So, where is the anti-Christ in that equation? A lot closer to home than most believers 'can' see.

Our bodies die because of sin. Who sits in the temple of man, sinning?

2 Thessalonians 2:
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

So, who sits in the Temple of God? Are you and I and every believer NOT the temple of God? You really think the Vatican is the "temple of God?" Uh, NO! Our bodies are that temple, and our bodies are destroyed in death because of SIN.

Paul could not have pinpointed the real culprit any better than here:

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Do you expect to see Judas in heaven as well?

tob

Jesus got it right.

Many will come IN MY NAME claiming i am the christ and decieve many.

All false churches have a false christ.

I cannot see this statement as many will come claiming to be The messiah or some sort of
Christ, they only come in the name of Jesus Christ.

False prophets, false churches, false Jesus's.

Jesus got it right.

I cannot see this statement as many will come claiming to be The messiah or some sort of

And that we usually refer to as IDOLATRY.

Aka a god of our own making.

Jesus got it right.

And when you see them in the desert dont go there. Man decided to follow man in a false image of christ rather than the real original Christ.

Jesus got it right.

But none claim to be the vicar of Christ, Jesus said many would come in his name..

As the Bishop of Rome the Pope is the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church, and has been for centuries. He is also the Head of State of Vatican City, a sovereign city-state within Rome. In addition to religious power, Popes have throughout history also had significant political influence. Here is the long list of Popes that have existed over the last two millennia.

http://www.thelists.org/list-of-all-popes.html

tob

But none claim to be the vicar of Christ, Jesus said many would come in his name..

As the Bishop of Rome the Pope is the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church, and has been for centuries. He is also the Head of State of Vatican City, a sovereign city-state within Rome. In addition to religious power, Popes have throughout history also had significant political influence. Here is the long list of Popes that have existed over the last two millennia.

tob

Thats for you to decide if the popes jesus is the real jesus. I know what i think but we not allowed to talk about and expose the RCC for some man made reason. But thats the forum rules we all agreed to.

tob

Some do claim. I know of one who demands 10%, went from pastor and anointed himself bishop, then decided to upgrade and annoint himself king. Lol. Hes a fruitloop. Hes got lots of followers. All his prophecys turned out false as well, but his followers are blinded. Hes from where i live.

Back