Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think Paul's thorn was his eyesight.
He was blinded on the road of Damascus, it was restored but not as well before.
I believe that he had others writing for him sometimes.
I believe Luke wrote Acts, in 16:10, notice the change from they to we.
Rom. 16:22
I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.

Just my thoughts :thinking

I believe that in light of the Scriptures that it is God's will to heal physical diseases. Question, "All the time?

God never wants us to be sick, diseased or die. That is why He sent Jesus to heal us. The Bible says Disease is a result of disobedience to His Word. We each make the choice to receive His Word or not, so we choose the consequences of our actions with our free will.
Bad fruit who oppose God's Word, must be plucked out or it will rot all the good fruit if left among them.
God is a loving Father, that is why He warns us to Listen to His Word and obey His Voice so that we can live a good and healthy life free from stress and torment. He warns us upfront, for us to be able to make a wise choice FOR ourselves.
Not spring it on us afterward without any warning, as wickedness does.

Ex 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
KJV
Man in our fallen nature, could not obey His Voice, in fact it is hard for most of the world to receive Jesus who is the Light of God's Word, for they love their evil deeds and hate the Light that exposes them so they can turn from them and be healed. God said if we reject His Word(Christ) that this is the root cause for disease sickness and death. For God Never changes, He hates sin and always will, because it destroys ones self, and everything around them.
The attributes of God's Word brings forth blessings, but the attributes of the devils words bring death due to stress, anger, hatred, jealousy, bitterness, murder,lusts, fornication, adultery, covetousness, lies, thievery, seeking ungodly knowledge to create things that are harmful to man and the earth.
His will is for all to desire a new way of life to be healed, Jesus paid our sin debt that we could not pay because we were without the ability to obey or hear God's Word, for our spirit was unclean and wicked and could not know the things of God's way. But in Christ we have been reunited with God's Spirit (Praise be to God) and help is here to guide us in all Truth so that we Can hear God's Voice to love him, honor him and obey Jesus the living Word of God, which is the only way to please the Father by Faith in His Sons work on the cross. Walk in the Spirit's attributes and we will not suffer the diseases of the flesh's beastly nature. We are not to walk as if sin is a thing of the past with no consequences, fooling our own self.
James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
KJV

But if we do stumble and fall into sickness and disease as we are learning how to walk in Christ, We are able to confess our sin and be healed IF we have faith for it. Yet confession & repentance has always been available, for God is merciful, but not help to be obedient to bring us health, wholeness and Rest. The fact that Christ died so that we can now ask for the Spirit of the Father to indwell, us is the only way we can receive and hear God's Word so that we can receive God's healing and a better way of life.
Jesus is called the Great Physician, for he is the Word, the very Voice that God says brings healing to our flesh and bones when we can hear and receive.
Prov 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
KJV

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
KJV

God never wants us to be sick, diseased or die. That is why He sent Jesus to heal us. The Bible says Disease is a result of disobedience to His Word. We each make the choice to receive His Word or not, so we choose the consequences of our actions with our free will.
Bad fruit who oppose God's Word, must be plucked out or it will rot all the good fruit if left among them.
God is a loving Father, that is why He warns us to Listen to His Word and obey His Voice so that we can live a good and healthy life free from stress and torment. He warns us upfront, for us to be able to make a wise choice FOR ourselves.

Ex 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
KJV
Man in our fallen nature, could not obey His Voice, in fact it is hard for most of the world to receive Jesus who is the Light of God's Word, for they love their evil deeds and hate the Light that exposes them so they can turn from them and be healed. God said if we reject His Word(Christ) that this is the root cause for disease sickness and death. For God Never changes, He hates sin and always will, because it destroys ones self, and everything around them.
The attributes of God's Word brings forth blessings, but the attributes of the devils words bring death due to stress, anger, hatred, jealousy, bitterness, murder,lusts, fornication, adultery, covetousness, lies, thievery, seeking ungodly knowledge to create things that are harmful to man and the earth.
His will is for all to desire a new way of life to be healed, Jesus paid our sin debt that we could not pay because we were without the ability to obey or hear God's Word, for our spirit was unclean and wicked and could not know the things of God's way. But in Christ we have been reunited with God's Spirit (Praise be to God) and help is here to guide us in all Truth so that we Can hear God's Voice to love him, honor him and obey Jesus the living Word of God, which is the only way to please the Father by Faith in His Sons work on the cross. Walk in the Spirit's attributes and we will not suffer the diseases of the flesh's beastly nature. We are not to walk as if sin is a thing of the past with no consequences, fooling our own self.
James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
KJV

But if we do stumble and fall into sickness and disease as we are learning how to walk in Christ, We are able to confess our sin and be healed IF we have faith for it. Yet confession & repentance has always been available, for God is merciful, but not help to be obedient to bring us health, wholeness and Rest. The fact that Christ died so that we can now ask for the Spirit of the Father to indwell, us is the only way we can receive and hear God's Word so that we can receive God's healing and a better way of life.
Jesus is called the Great Physician, for he is the Word, the very Voice that God says brings healing to our flesh and bones when we can hear and receive.
KJV

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
KJV

Yes, through Christ we have eternal "life".

I think Paul's thorn was his eyesight.
He was blinded on the road of Damascus, it was restored but not as well before.
I believe that he had others writing for him sometimes.
I believe Luke wrote Acts, in 16:10, notice the change from they to we.
Rom. 16:22
I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.

Just my thoughts :thinking
Dear Sister dianegcook, the following scriptures hint at Paul having bad eyes.

Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
Gal 4:15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.
Gal 6:11 Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

Dear Sister dianegcook, the following scriptures hint at Paul having bad eyes.

Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
Gal 4:15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.
Gal 6:11 Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

Thank you, I was hunting for that, but my tablet was running low on battery, so had to quit and plug it up.
:amen

And what about Job?
And this being a Bible study forum, you have said a lot and have used no Scripture to back up anything you've said.

2 Corinthians 4:16; "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day".
And other than Jesus Christ, the greatest bible teacher of all time and arguably the greatest healer of time was leaving men sick at the end of His life and ministry.
2 Tim 4:20~~New American Standard Bible
Erastus remained at Corinth, but Trophimus I left sick at Miletus.(the gift of healing was gone because Pauls MESSAGE had been established)

Paul is a spiritually mature believer at this time and knows that God has much greater concern for the eternal(spiritual life) of men than He does the temporal(physical life of men.)
And He also understood that his praying for a sickness or suffering for a brother to cease,could very well be taking a blessing away from that brother.

At times, it is Gods will that we suffer, and we are blessed for it.If we could take our minds off of the physical and think Spiritual.

I believe most of us here would suffer for a few years if we knew the blessings we would gain in our spiritual life.

1 Peter 4:19 (NASB95)
19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

I should've addressed this sooner. If you look at the previous scripture.....2 Corinthians 12:7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given to me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

This was something that was happening to his body. I know, because the exact stuff has happened to me. I started to get kinda cocky with the revelations God was giving me.

Just like Job............as Rollo said

Job's faith was like no other.............................but ultimately God's grace is sufficient!

Blessings!!!! I will now only address those who are excited about God's mercy and love he has for us, and wanting to learn.

I have been teaching healing and faith in God for about 15 years now. Not very long, but I have leared a few things.

If I tell you something, I don't want you to take my word for it. I ask that you go check it out for yourself, make sure it's right by scripture.Don't take anyone's word on anything, check it out. Confirm it.

Paul's Thorn: Paul was quoting the OT........ A messenger of Satan, a thorn in the flesh sent to buffet me.

Buffet means to resist forcefully, more than just trying to stop someone.

2Co 12:1 kjv+ It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will(G1063) come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2Co 12:7 kjv+ And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Paul says two things here.......... I will have revelation and visions from the Lord. The Lord gave Paul all this knowledge.

Paul then says at least I should be exalted above measure with this abundance of revelation, A messenger of Satan was sent.

All Paul was doing was taking this abundance of revelation and use it to preach. Satan did not like that so sent a messenger with a Anti-Gospel message against Paul to the people.

Thorns=People Look it up. Paul was quoting the OT. (Num 33:55) (Jos 23:13) so on.

The Messenger of Satan spread his anti-gospel message and kicked the slats out fro under Paul.

Paul's issue was that through the abundance of His knowledge, He tried to use that and not the anointing to get his message across.

Christ means anointing or power from God.

Paul asked the Lord 3 times to remove this messenger, the Lord said my grace is enough (Sufficient)

Sufficient means more than enough, the power was already there to deal with that messenger.

Paul then said........ I would rather be weak in something so that the Power of the Anointing may rest on me. (Christ)

In other words, we don't attempt things in our own knowledge and strength.

Paul later said after he learned this lesson.

Phi 4:13 kjv+ I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Paul learned you can't do all things through all the wonderful knowledge you have or all things in your own strength. Which is what he tried to do before that messenger was sent.

JOB:
What about Job?

Did you read the whole book of Job? Job is a book about what not to do. Job had no faith at all. He just had patience and endured foolishly. That is why God was not so happy with Job when the Lord finally showed up.

God said Job's Word's lacked Wisdom. Elihu was the only one of the bunch that Spoke right about God.

Job Said:

Job 9:17 amp For He overwhelms and breaks me with a tempest and multiplies my wounds without cause.

God is unjust.

Job 3:11-12 kjva 11 Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly? 12 Why did the knees prevent me? or why the breasts that I should suck?

God messed up planing and making Job.

Job 34:9 amp For he has said, It profits a man nothing that he should delight himself with God and consent to Him.

It profits a man nothing that He should delight himself in the Lord.

Job 34:10-12 amp 10 Therefore hear me, you men of understanding. Far be it from God that He should do wickedness, and from the Almighty that He should commit iniquity. 11 For according to the deeds of a man God will [exactly] proportion his pay, and He will cause every man to find [recompense] according to his ways. 12 Truly God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert justice.

LovethroughDove:

It's right there in Job, Sending someone or giving permission to someone to murder a mans Children who served God is Wicked. Murdering a mans Children is wicked and evil.

Elihu said every man is recompensed according to his ways.

That means, what happened to Job is His fault, Not God's.

Job blamed God through the whole ordeal, and cried like a sissy.

Job is not David. When the bad guys came to Ziklag and took the women and children, David did not just keep crying and say the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.

NO, Not David. David came up with a plan... Should I go after them Lord. The Lord said Go, and David recovered all.

Job did not even ask God for help, Which Elihu mentioned also.

That sound like faith to you?

God never gave permission to the devil to get Job, God did not even see a reason behind it.

Job caused his own issues, and as Eliu said, God will not pervert his word, his judgement to just help Job. Job broke a spiritual law he was ignorant of.

For God to have stopped the devil, would make the Lord unjust and He would have to violate his Word to do that.

God has never broken His word, never will.

What did Job do? can you find it? Job says it himself in Chapter 3.

Thank you, I was hunting for that, but my tablet was running low on battery, so had to quit and plug it up.
:amen

That was a Greek expression used a lot. There was nothing wrong with Paul's eyes. Be careful of what you listen to.
I explained Paul's thorn "AGAIN in Umpteen threads" Above.

So, I guess, those kids with cancer made a bad choice.
Christians that get killed in car wrecks, not being their fault, made a bad choice.
Christians being killed by tornadoes or some other things they can not control, made a bad choice.
It rains on the just and unjust.

I was used to stop a Tornado, we should not be afraid of them. Your also misquoting a scripture about it rains on the just and unjust. Be careful about what you say about the Lord. He is faithful to warn of any car wreck, and has never let any believer down who listen to him and obey's him.

Pro 26:2 kjva As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

Every sickness and disease is meantioned under the curse Deut 28. The curse does not come on a persons life without a reason. It may or may not be their fault, the devil does attack, but there is always a reason, and God is faithful to tell us things to come and lead us out of evil and temptations.

I should've addressed this sooner. If you look at the previous scripture.....2 Corinthians 12:7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given to me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

This was something that was happening to his body. I know, because the exact stuff has happened to me. I started to get kinda cocky with the revelations God was giving me.

Just like Job............as Rollo said

Job's faith was like no other.............................but ultimately God's grace is sufficient!

I hope we are on the same page here. Paul's thorn in the flesh was a demon following him around causing all kinds of trouble for Paul. It was "a messenger of satan."

We can learn from pain and heartache.

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

Was it Satan that didn't want Jesus to go through the pain? Yes.

Matthew 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

For "some things" our pain is in God's will. You can't say that all of our struggles are Satan's intentions, but some of it is to change us into the likeness of God's own Son.........

We are only going on Scripture Gary my good friend. Do you have Scripture that it is not God's will to be healed? Did Jesus ever refuse to heal someone who asked to be healed?

James 5
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

God never gave permission to the devil to get Job, God did not even see a reason behind it.
Job 1:1~~1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.
New American Standard Bible
Job 1:8~~The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."......The greatest believer on the earth!!!!!

What is going on here Mike, is suffering for blessing. If this Is Jobs fault, what do you suppose the #2, #3 and #4 believer on earth went through!?! Why was Job So blessed at the end?
1 Peter 4:19 (NASB95)
19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

As to permission?

Job 1:12~~12 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.

Job 2:6~~6 So the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your power, only spare his life.”

Job 42:10~~ 10The LORD restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the LORD increased all that Job had twofold. 11Then all his brothers and all his sisters and all who had known him before came to him, and they ate bread with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversities that the LORD had brought on him. And each one gave him one piece of money, and each a ring of gold.

Job never cursed God, He may have questioned things, but he never cursed God.
A Babe in Christ will never be tested like Job. But a person of Great faith and is well advanced in true doctrine and is spiritually mature may have the privilege to be tested like Job and bring ultimate glory to God.

And what about Job?
And this being a Bible study forum, you have said a lot and have used no Scripture to back up anything you've said.

2 Corinthians 4:16; "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day".
Your point is what ? So am I the only one here ?

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

To me... He has all power.... that simple... the Scripture plainly say so ... Are there some verses that explain away Mat 28:18
Reba Hello,
I do not understand what you are saying. Can you word it different for me. Thank You

KJV
KJV

KJV

KJV

What a wonderful, true, Scriptural response. You have done a fantastic job of presenting Scripture that proves the purpose of this thread. A lot of folk have negative opinions, problem is, they are just opinions and we don't put our faith and belief in man's opinions. So, your post is an excellent teaching. Thank you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back