Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Paul's Thorn

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Because God cannot stand evil and I have understood the Spirit to teach me that Satan is the only exception.

Ok Bill I don't agree with you here.

I agree with that and here are a couple of scriptures to show God can not look upon iniquity. Satan is the only exception as before the cross he had to give an account before God as in Job 1:6 as he stood accusing Job.

Why do you suggest only Satan had access to Yahweh ?

Habakkuk 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

Psa 34:16 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

[/quote]

Ok this is interesting. If we take Hab 1:13 to mean Yahweh can't actually view ( look on ) iniquity then that must imply He can't see what goes on down here atm. Is this your position ?

I have another suggestion.

Hab 1:12-13 KJV Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction. (13) Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

This passage is asking rhetorically if Yahweh will look upon evil doers and not act ( hold thy tongue ). He won't of course. So the passage means Yahweh will look at the evil done and punish the evil doers. Habakkuk asks plenty of "doubting" questions because he sees what we see often; evil doers apparently going unpunished when we desire immediate judgement.

I'm not sure how Psalms 34:16 can imply Yahweh can't look at evil when it seems to imply the opposite. Do you have any other scriptures to support your premise ? Also can you give me your definition of "high places" in Ephesians 6:12.

Eph 6:12 KJV For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

These were the things Satan was buffeting or repeatedly striking Paul with as pretty much being all things that would destroy ones faith if it was weak. Thus the Lord saying "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness". Same applies to everyone who is in Christ as we all face persecutions in some form or another.

The 1/3 angels that followed satan were thrown out at the same time satan was. So I think it is possible they still had access, too.

Ok this is interesting. If we take Hab 1:13 to mean Yahweh can't actually view ( look on ) iniquity then that must imply He can't see what goes on down here atm. Is this your position ?

Sorry to butt in but, here I am! This passage does not go there except one ignores the presence of the Restrainer.
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons, one God. What one knows (everything) the other two know, instantly. The scriptures for this are locatable in the Nave's. The Wrath of the Father is only restrained because of the presence of the Saved and will only be restrained during the Great Tribulation because there will be those saved during and after that.

The Spirit, indwelling us, sees.

Hab 1:12-13 KJV Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction. (13) Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

This passage is asking rhetorically if Yahweh will look upon evil doers and not act ( hold thy tongue ). He won't of course. So the passage means Yahweh will look at the evil done and punish the evil doers. Habakkuk asks plenty of "doubting" questions because he sees what we see often; evil doers apparently going unpunished when we desire immediate judgement.
As per my comment above I do not believe I will go with this except the Holy Spirit moves me to and if He were going to do that, I'm reasonable sure He would not allow me to post this, he has done that in the past.

I'm not sure how Psalms 34:16 can imply Yahweh can't look at evil when it seems to imply the opposite. Do you have any other scriptures to support your premise ? Also can you give me your definition of "high places" in Ephesians 6:12.[/quote]
I must believe if you place the verse out of the Psalms into context by reading all of the Psalm you will understand, I did. There are more ways of looking a a thing than just by using our eyes. When I briefed my men or when I was briefed by Top or an Officer we looked a many things through the eyes of MI by having the Intelligence reports in hand. We did not see the landscape until we were on final into the LZ but we had taken a look at the situation before mounting up.

Eph 6:12 KJV For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
This applies to us.

I must believe if you place the verse out of the Psalms into context by reading all of the Psalm you will understand, I did. There are more ways of looking a a thing than just by using our eyes.

Sure ok. Post the relevant verses from Psalms and explain them. I'm not taking your word for it Bill.

Sure ok. Post the relevant verses from Psalms and explain them. I'm not taking your word for it Bill.
1 A Psalm of David; [1] when he [2] changed his behavior before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he departed. I will bless Jehovah at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. * 2 My soul shall make her boast in Jehovah: The meek shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 Oh magnify Jehovah with me, And let us exalt his name together. 4 I sought Jehovah, and he answered me, And delivered me from all my fears. 5 They looked unto him, and were radiant; And their faces shall never be confounded. 6 This poor man cried, and Jehovah heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of Jehovah encampeth round about them that fear him, And delivereth them. 8 Oh taste and see that Jehovah is good: Blessed is the man that taketh refuge in him. 9 Oh fear Jehovah, ye his saints; For there is no want to them that fear him. 10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger; But they that seek Jehovah shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of Jehovah. 12 What man is he that desireth life, And loveth many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep thy tongue from evil, And thy lips from speaking guile. 14 Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it. 15 The eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous, And his ears are open unto their cry. 16 The face of Jehovah is against them that do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cried, and Jehovah heard, And delivered them out of all their troubles. 18 Jehovah is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, And saveth such as are of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But Jehovah delivereth him out of them all. 20 He keepeth all his bones: Not one of them is broken. 21 Evil shall slay the wicked; And they that hate the righteous shall be [1] condemned. * 22 Jehovah redeemeth the soul of his servants; And none of them that take refuge in him shall be condemned.

I'll bet you already know that I just awarded you a consideration I almost never give to anyone. Here is your homework but you should never expect me to do it for you again, I don't do that.

1 A Psalm of David; [1] when he [2] changed his behavior before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he departed. I will bless Jehovah at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. * 2 My soul shall make her boast in Jehovah: The meek shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 Oh magnify Jehovah with me, And let us exalt his name together. 4 I sought Jehovah, and he answered me, And delivered me from all my fears. 5 They looked unto him, and were radiant; And their faces shall never be confounded. 6 This poor man cried, and Jehovah heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of Jehovah encampeth round about them that fear him, And delivereth them. 8 Oh taste and see that Jehovah is good: Blessed is the man that taketh refuge in him. 9 Oh fear Jehovah, ye his saints; For there is no want to them that fear him. 10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger; But they that seek Jehovah shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of Jehovah. 12 What man is he that desireth life, And loveth many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep thy tongue from evil, And thy lips from speaking guile. 14 Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it. 15 The eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous, And his ears are open unto their cry. 16 The face of Jehovah is against them that do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cried, and Jehovah heard, And delivered them out of all their troubles. 18 Jehovah is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, And saveth such as are of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But Jehovah delivereth him out of them all. 20 He keepeth all his bones: Not one of them is broken. 21 Evil shall slay the wicked; And they that hate the righteous shall be [1] condemned. * 22 Jehovah redeemeth the soul of his servants; And none of them that take refuge in him shall be condemned.

I'll bet you already know that I just awarded you a consideration I almost never give to anyone. Here is your homework but you should never expect me to do it for you again, I don't do that.

Ta Bill. Now I bet you already know I'm going to ask where you see in these scriptures that only satan has access to Yahweh and that Yahweh won't look at iniquity etc. :biggrin

Ta Bill. Now I bet you already know I'm going to ask where you see in these scriptures that only satan has access to Yahweh and that Yahweh won't look at iniquity etc. :biggrin
That's cool but I never said such. You may want to reread my post on the matter, I'm about to.

Oky doky. Psalm 34:16 was presented by His Glory to show that Yahweh won't allow evil in Heaven nor access to anyone but satan before the Cross.

Verse 16 of this Psalm does go deeply toward establishing what Father
god does and does not look upon and when understood in the context of it's entirety it is clear that God does not allow the demons to enter into His presence when the light of all scripture shines down on it.

I reread post #119 and she did use it to complement the point and to give it depth. I believe you may have just missed her point.

I don't find anywhere in scripture where God says He has put a hedge around us that protects us from the evil in the world.
I am going to look in mirrors, do types and shadows. If I am fortunate a glimpse of the hedge may appear.

Romans 2:14
The Gentiles manage to do the things of the law, yet they do not have the law.

The OT ordinance of not muzzling the ox is seen in / referred to in I Corinthians 9:7-11 and surrounding text. Romans 15:27 is a stretch, but somewhat applies. Pay the preacher (ox).

Galatians 6:1
Seems restoration of a brother in sin.
After several steps you turn the brother over to satan.
I Corinthians 5:5 and surrounding text.

So we ultimately pull down the hedge so that restoration occurs.

I went around the scriptures to show the parallels, but IMHO it workes for Mississippi rednecks. Types and shadows from Job to today. God allowed Job to be tried, and church discipline today allows restoration to function. All the severity is not needed if at step one the brother repents.

eddif

Ok Bill I don't agree with you here.

Why do you suggest only Satan had access to Yahweh ?

I'm not sure how Psalms 34:16 can imply Yahweh can't look at evil when it seems to imply the opposite. Do you have any other scriptures to support your premise ? Also can you give me your definition of "high places" in Ephesians 6:12.

[/QUOTE]

I gave those two scriptures to indicate God does not allow anything evil to dwell in His heaven as yes, God does see the evil in others here on earth as God judges the heart.

High places here to me means that of Satan's spiritual realm as Satan being a created spirit just as all angels are, but Satan's kingdom being a lesser magnitude than Gods as Satan's kingdom is this world as he walks through it going to and fro.

I wish I could make an intelligent comment on this looking on sin , but here is where I usually go .

Acts 17:30

This verse ( and surrounding text) lets you know there is a difference in OT / NT as God is dealing with people and sin. What God did seems to be explained, and men have a tough time dealing with the resurrection / belief.

eddif

The 1/3 angels that followed satan were thrown out at the same time satan was. So I think it is possible they still had access, too.

It's a possibility as they also went to give an account just as Satan did as he stood before the Lord accusing the brethren.

2Peter 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
When I read this it allows me to believe before the cross even angels stood before the Lord accusing the brethren just as Satan did, again before the cross. I really do not think Satan nor the fallen angels have access anymore. I'm doing a study on that and when I finish I will post my findings.

(side note): not sure if it was actually one third that fell from heaven as the only scripture that even might suggest that number is Rev 12:4. Stars in scripture can also denote angels as in Rev 1:20 and Rev 12:4. Rev 12 is all about Israel (the woman) and Satan trying to defeat them. The crown of 12 stars is that of the 12 tribes of Israel and the man child being that of Jesus.

Back