Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Proving pre-trib rapture is false, along with a question.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The rapture and the second coming of Christ are 2 different events. At the rapture we are called to meet Christ in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17. At the second coming, Christ will touch down on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14:4. I believe the rapture of the church is at Revelation 4. The church is spoken of constantly in chapters 1-3, then the church is never spoken of again. The 24 elders of chapter 4 represent the church. If we are the bride of Christ, wouldn't he want to protect us? He died for us while we were sinners. Now being justified, wouldn't he save us from his wrath? Romans 5:9 The church misses out on the great tribulation. We are to be looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus. Titus 2:13. I don't think anyone is hoping to go thru the great tribulation.

The rapture and the second coming of Christ are 2 different events. At the rapture we are called to meet Christ in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17. At the second coming, Christ will touch down on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14:4. I believe the rapture of the church is at Revelation 4. The church is spoken of constantly in chapters 1-3, then the church is never spoken of again. The 24 elders of chapter 4 represent the church. If we are the bride of Christ, wouldn't he want to protect us? He died for us while we were sinners. Now being justified, wouldn't he save us from his wrath? Romans 5:9 The church misses out on the great tribulation. We are to be looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus. Titus 2:13. I don't think anyone is hoping to go thru the great tribulation.
Yes,the tribulation period is 7 years.The Great tribulation is the last 31/2 years of the tribulation.This is distinguished from the tribulation period because the Beast which is the Antichrist will be revealed and the wrath of God will intensify.

If we that have prepared ourselves to be the Bride of Christ are raptured up before Rev 4 then what does Rev 14:12 mean, especially in reference to Rev 13:11-18.

Here is our hope...
Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
how many of us sing...

My life is in You, Lord
My strength is in You, Lord
My hope is in You, Lord

In You, it's in You
In You, it's in You
In You, it's in You

I will praise You with all of my life
I will praise You with all of my strength
With all of my life, with all of my strength
All my hope is in You

when what we really mean is my hope is rapture

Karl,

I use saints as all who are and have been in Gods will and those who have accepted His son Jesus as Lord and Savior by the washing of the blood in Spiritual regeneration.

I believe in a Rapture being that we will be caught up to meet Jesus in the clouds, but not before some 7 year Great Tribulation that is not found in scripture as the Church (we) are here until the harvest judgement of Rev 14 and at the 7th trumpet call we will be caught up to meet Jesus in the clouds before the vial judgements begin.

I do not believe in one great Antichrist or a seven year peace treaty as neither are mentioned in scripture, but many have taken the he in Daniel 9:27 to be this so called Antichrist, but this is what it says. The he in Daniel 9:27 is Jesus, not antichrist, who makes firm the covenant with many for one week (seven prophetic years). The word many refers to the Abrahamic covenant people of Israel, Genesis 12:1-3 and the true believers of Jesus as what he speaks in Matthew 26:28. We are now under the new covenant of grace that is confirmed by the life and death of Jesus that he has caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease as he fulfilled this on the cross with his last words, "It is finished".

In Jesus Olivet prophecy in Matthew 24 he gave signs of the end for not only the disciples to look out for, but for all of us to see the signs that lead to the return of Christ, but never mentions anything of a seven year peace treaty between an Antichrist or anyone. Jesus does mention both of the events Gabriel spoke to Daniel in Dan 9:27 with the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, Matthew 24:2, and the abomination of desolation down further in vs. 15.

Okay, if that's what you believe I can't change your thinking,

...but what you propose causes me to wonder what kind of husband Jesus is that tells me He loves me and then sends me through the ringer to be beat up by Him

And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:16

...before He comes to marry me?

...also I don't understand how being beat up in the Trib is a blessing (well off, fortunate, happy) like I'm told in the beginning of the Revelation

Blessed is the one who reads and hears the Words of this prophecy, and the ones keeping the things written in it, for the time is near. Rev 1:3,

...or how I'm to be comforted with this truth concerning my rapture

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words
1 Thess 4:17, 18

...(what you are saying does not comfort me at all, what if I'm one of those that is not alive, ...decapitated? ugh),

...I don't understand, actually I'm confused from what you say, ...why would my Jesus tell me I will be kept from the Trib

Because you have kept the Word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which will come upon all the habitable world, to try those who dwell upon the earth. Rev 3:10,

...has he changed His mind since when He gave the Revelation to John and now?

I'm being candid, what you say is confusing to me when I compare it to what is written in His Word.

If we that have prepared ourselves to be the Bride of Christ are raptured up before Rev 4 then what does Rev 14:12 mean, especially in reference to Rev 13:11-18.
There are people being saved during the great tribulation. Whoever did not receive the mark of the beast in chapter 13 couldn't buy or sell. They would probably starve to death. Whoever received the mark brings down the wrath of God upon themselves. All these saints can do is wait for the coming of Christ. Mathew 24:13: But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. I am a pre-trib guy to start off. There is a guy named JD Farag that I like to listen to on youtube, along with Paul Begley, Perry Stone, Jack Van Impe and Theresa Garcia the guy is awesome. JD does prophecy updates once a week and this topic caught my eye and I immediately thought of the video that JD made last week. I will post the link, he starts talking about why he thinks the rapture will occur before the tribulation and it totally made sense. He starts talking about it toward the end of the video but I recommend listening to the whole video as the guy as so genuine and a very good prophecy teacher.
God Bless. If you want to jump right into listen from 19:52 to 27:35

Last edited by a moderator:
In Revelation 13:11-18 it is talking about the antichrist and those who are in the tribulation who did not go up in the rapture and how they will have to worship him.
Revelation 14 :12-13 has to do with the tribulation saints.Those who did not go up in the rapture will remain on this earth to experience the tribulation.Many will come to Christ.But most will be killed by the antichrist and will die as martyrs.

Karl, we are not to fear that which has to come, but be prepared to endure through faith which is Jesus who strengthens us and gives us patience in always looking for the coming of our Lord. When I read scriptures such as: Psa 56:4; Matthew 10:28; John 15:18-21; Hebrews 13:6; 1Peter 4:12-14; Rev 6:9-11 just to name a few. I see that God is preparing us to withstand persecutions we might face. The Prophets died a martyrs death, Jesus died a martyrs death as the Disciples and Apostles. Even today many around the world are dying a martyrs death for the sake of Christ. Why would any of us be exempt to not die in this manner. Yes, we serve a loving God who loves us, but we will also suffer for His sake as He suffered for ours. I pray that no one would have to go through things like this, but if we do I know I will have praise on my lips as I sing glory to the Lord with my dying breath just as Paul and Silas sang praises to the Lord while they were in prison.

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Luke 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Luke 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

In Revelation 13:11-18 it is talking about the antichrist and those who are in the tribulation who did not go up in the rapture and how they will have to worship him.
Revelation 14 :12-13 has to do with the tribulation saints.Those who did not go up in the rapture will remain on this earth to experience the tribulation.Many will come to Christ.But most will be killed by the antichrist and will die as martyrs.

Kathi by no means am I being sarcastic, but only asking a couple questions question so please do not take it that way as it sorta sounds like it comes across that way :)
so you are saying there are two raptures. could I have the scripture for that please.
If all of us are taken up to meet Jesus in the clouds then who will be left here on earth to take the word out to those who are left behind.

Kathi by no means am I being sarcastic, but only asking a couple questions question so please do not take it that way as it sorta sounds like it comes across that way :)
so you are saying there are two raptures. could I have the scripture for that please.
If all of us are taken up to meet Jesus in the clouds then who will be left here on earth to take the word out to those who are left behind.
I did not see your post as being sarcastic at all but it looked like to me like you want information as to my view....right? :)
No I am saying that there is one rapture.Then the tribulation of 7 years.It is broken up by the first 31/2 years and then the next 31/2 years being a lot worse.Any more questions on my view?Please ask.

Where is the scripture from The Revelation of Jesus Christ of some antichrist? Does this teaching add words to the Scripture to benefit its view point.. ?
The only verses speaking of antichrist are in John 1 and John 2

Of course they should be read in context .. Chapter and verse are listed.. .Which of these verse speak to one central man being the antichrist.?

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Lebanon wasn't a nation that was the nation called Phoenicia, the land that is Jordan was called edom, moab and other names after the fall of rome and before the rise of rome.Egypt was a nation that was around after ad 70 and a provence of rome. they were under empires. they were under the ptolemic dynasty then the roman empire and then ottoman if I recall., Syria the same. but the Syrians don't speak Aramaic therefor they aren't the same people and the Egyptians cant be counted either as those are a mixed lot. ancient Egyptian is called copt and only the Coptic Christian use that for church and they use Arabic for all other usage
Thanks Jason. It looks like I need to do some research.

Where is the scripture from The Revelation of Jesus Christ of some antichrist? Does this teaching add words to the Scripture to benefit its view point.. ?

Of course they should be read in context .. Chapter and verse are listed.. .Which of these verse speak to one central man being the antichrist.?

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I John 4:3 "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

The spirit of antichrist is the "spirit of instead of Christ". It has been claimed from the beginning of the Scriptures that these spirits would be with us.

The spirit mentioned is satan himself

Exhaustive Concordance:

antichrist: Greek word #500 antichristos (an-tee'-khris-tos); from # 473 (anti) and # 5547 (Christos); an opponent of the Messiah: KJV-- antichrist.

[The word antichrist is made up of two Greek words:]

Anti: Greek word # 473: anti (an-tee'); a primary particle; opposite, i.e. instead of, or because of (rarely in addition to): for, instead of, in place of (something) Often used in composition to denote substitution.

Christos: Greek word #5547: Christos (khris-tos'); anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus

1 John 2:18
1 John 2:22;4:3
2 John 7
Daniel 9
Mark 13:14
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Revelation 6:2
Revelation 13

Where is the scripture from The Revelation of Jesus Christ of some antichrist? we know that it is the last time.

The Antichrist has many names in Scripture, and in the Revelation he is called "the Beast" (out of the sea) (Rev 13:1). He is accompanied by the False Prophet (Rev 13:11), who is "another beast" (out of the earth). The Devil, the Beast (the Antichrist), and the False Prophet form "the unholy trinity", which will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Rev 20:10). The Antichrist (Satan Incarnate) is found in the book of Daniel under various names. He is also called "the Man of Sin", "the Son of Perdition" and "that Wicked" (2 Thess 2:3-8). Many "antichrists" have come, and some are on the earth today, but this is The Antichrist to be revealed in the future (possibly the near future).

That is according to some folks... Not according to Scripture. If it was according to Scripture the passages would be posted...
1 John 2:18
1 John 2:22;4:3
2 John 7
Daniel 9
Mark 13:14
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Revelation 6:2
Revelation 13

Lets post the verses and see what they say... as posted in #373 from john

Dan 9
Dan 9:1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;
Dan 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.
Dan 9:3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
Dan 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to

them that keep his commandments;
Dan 9:5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:
Dan 9:6 Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
Dan 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.
Dan 9:8 O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee.
Dan 9:9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
Dan 9:10 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
Dan 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
Dan 9:12 And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
Dan 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
Dan 9:14 Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.
Dan 9:15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.
Dan 9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
Dan 9:17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
Dan 9:18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
Dan 9:19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.
Dan 9:20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;
Dan 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
Dan 9:22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
Dan 9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I see antichrist 4 times and antichrists once... Those who penned the Scritptures wrote what they wrote .....

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

John penned what God gave him to write. He says The Revelation of Jesus Christ...not the revealing of an antichrist...

The beast is the beast...etc..... who is man to change the scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back