Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] the sun orbits the earth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
that is something called gravity , there strangelove, that is how it works why do we not fall a 1000 miles away when we jump. tje helciopter doesnt overcome gravity all that much. It takes more energy to break orbit then the space shuttle produces.

Never got that answer back before. At least your original Jas.:thumbsup

like i said earlier we launch a probe to the sun and observe from its position where the earth is via signals and we can calcualate distance, and it will change, and we can literally graph the changes.

Documentation please. Figures, Data, graphs, calculations etc.

we have to actually launch the probe but as cl said we dont need to as copernicus proved it, and others have confirmed it , and we can also calucate distance by light, and can also navigate by the stars, if the sun is a star and we no where it is at a certian time, and we can also see another star we could use them to find calculate the distances of the sun to that star and how it moves,

and we would also notice that we move in relation to that star and the sun.

we have to actually launch the probe but as cl said we dont need to as copernicus proved it, and others have confirmed it

Proved and confirmed what? And whatever it is, HOW have they proved and confirmed it.

, and we can also calucate distance by light, and can also navigate by the stars, if the sun is a star and we no where it is at a certian time, and we can also see another star we could use them to find calculate the distances of the sun to that star and how it moves,

Lol...ah...Jason....I do like you man. But there's no science there again. If you think calculating distance by light tells us that the Earth moves then bring to the table the name of the method, maybe a schematic.....figures...data....etc.

You cant just state things.

if that isnt the case then , pray tell me how does the army get to point at a to b? we dont move to a to b by sight but by triagulation or using a compass and finding the distance to the object we want to go.

first off we know that the speed light is at 186,372 miles per second, that is settled. other wise no gps would work
three we have sent probes to other planets and with the time dialation we can the time it was sent. s

therefore its reasoanable to say that we can look at the star and calculate its distance by the time it takes light to travel by the operation of light. it has wavelenths and red often is indictator of distance very long distance if recall correctly.

three explain to me how again the laser range finder works if light can be used to guage distances. and i have used theme personally.

you are aware that the entire theory of electromagnetism was specualted by men who never saw electricty like we do daily. yet there ideas worked. in fact the stealth bomber was based on of their ideas(its ability to absorb radar)

yet they never saw, tested an electron. just observed how electricity worked as best as they could.

if that isnt the case then , pray tell me how does the army get to point at a to b? we dont move to a to b by sight but by triagulation or using a compass and finding the distance to the object we want to go.

first off we know that the speed light is at 186,372 miles per second, that is settled. other wise no gps would work
three we have sent probes to other planets and with the time dialation we can the time it was sent. s

therefore its reasoanable to say that we can look at the star and calculate its distance by the time it takes light to travel by the operation of light. it has wavelenths and red often is indictator of distance very long distance if recall correctly.

three explain to me how again the laser range finder works if light can be used to guage distances. and i have used theme personally.

you are aware that the entire theory of electromagnetism was specualted by men who never saw electricty like we do daily. yet there ideas worked. in fact the stealth bomber was based on of their ideas(its ability to absorb radar)

yet they never saw, tested an electron. just observed how electricity worked as best as they could.

So how does all of that prove the Earth moves?

if the reference points changes in realation to each other for instance if we know that sun it a point and we"shoot" it with laser and it moves and do again as at later time we will see movement. if the earth is stationary then how come the we have seasons?

the changes the in axis tilt ,as in winter the southern hemisphere is closer to the sun and has summer and while the northern hemisphere has a farther distance. if the earth is just tilted and the sun moves then the seasons should be summer for the north or south depending which way you want to say its and winter for the other.

Anyone for a bit of actual real science??

Michelson-Morley Experiment

The Michelson-Morley experiment was an experiment performed in the late nineteenth century to measure the relative motion of the aether frame to the earth's orbit.

Michelson built an interferometer, a device designed to observe interference phenomena between two light waves.

Rather to their surprise, Michelson and Morley found that the speed of light was the same in all directions, which could ONLY occur if the earth were stationary in the aether frame.

Ironically, after all this thought and preparation, the experiment became what might be called the most famous failed experiment to date. Instead of providing insight into the properties of the aether, it produced none of the effects to be expected if the Earth's motion produced an "aether wind". Although a small "velocity" was measured, it was far too small to be used as evidence of aether, did not seem to vary in a day/night or seasonal pattern, and was within the range of an experimental error that would allow the speed to actually be zero. The apparatus behaved as if there were no wind at all—as if the Earth had no motion with reference to a medium. In the field of modern geocentrism, this is taken as evidence that the earth is stationary in an aether field.

The funny thing about this experiment is that immediately after it proved the Earth was stationary....scientists began saying that in actual fact it PROVES THAT THERE IS NO AETHER!! LOLZ. So basically space is made up of NOTHING at all. Which I believe is pure folly. And I think modern science is now agreed that space is not nothing. It is something. Just like the heavens in our sky is made up of something...so too is the heavens above.

Michelson-morley.png

I'll put that experiment in English for you.

Imagine that you are on a lake in a small boat with a very quiet engine (the earth), and not far away is a huge liner (the sun). You are at the centre of the lake and the shore is a long way off but you can see mountains on it etc. You notice that the shore (the stars) is going past the large ship fairly quickly, and you realise that either (i) you are circling the large ship OR (ii) the large ship is circling you - and you cannot immediately tell which one is circling which.You know the distance between the two ships and timing how long it takes for the shore to make a complete circle (1 year), you can say that either the large ship is going round you at 30mph or you are going round it at that speed.
There is a very simple test that will tell you which one is circling which. What can you do to find out???

The answer is very simple.

You put your hand in the water (the aether)!!!

If you are moving through the water, then it is you going round the large ship, and you can check your speed through the water to see if it is 30 mph. If it is, then the large ship must be stationary. HOWEVER, if you find that you are stationary in the water, then it must be the large ship that is GOING ROUND YOU.

we have to actually launch the probe but as cl said we dont need to as copernicus proved it, and others have confirmed it , and we can also calucate distance by light, and can also navigate by the stars, if the sun is a star and we no where it is at a certian time, and we can also see another star we could use them to find calculate the distances of the sun to that star and how it moves,

Why are you able to believe Copernicus and those who confirm his conclusion, but not geologists, physistists, Chemists etc when they say the earth is billions of years old. I find it odd that you trust astronomers to say the sun doesn't orbit the earth, but not that that the universe is expanding and started in a big band around 14 billion years ago. The science is the same science. Red shift, parallax, etc.

Why trust one conclusion, but not another.

Last edited by a moderator:

You scoff at someone who believes in an ark being built as told. Why is that such a stretch for you.

Yes I scoff at Noah being taken literally. There are a multitude of problems with the story.

First people don't live to be hundreds of years old.

Wooden boats that large are notoriously unstable even with out being loaded down with tons of cargo. In fact I am not aware of a wooden boat as large the one Noah is supposed to have built ever being constructed by even a relatively modern ship yard, much less one man with stone age tools.

There is the fact that believing that 2 of every unclean animal and 7 pair of every clean animal in a wooden boat with enough food, and how they got there from every continent just smacks of a fairy tale. For example what did the predators eat?

Also after 7 months of being underwater all the plants on earth would be dead. What did the animals eat when they got off the arch?

Then all this supposedly took place just 4000 years ago. We have history that goes back that far. How could people have a history when they were dead from the flood?

Why are you able to believe Copernicus and those who confirm his conclusion, but not geologists, physistists, Chemists etc when they say the earth is billions of years old. I find it odd that you trust astronomers to say the sun doesn't orbit the earth, but not that that the universe is expanding and started in a big band around 14 billion years ago. The science is the same science. Red shift, parallax, etc.

Why trust one conclusion, but not another.

dont assume that all yecer arent accepting the big bang. my bro is one, i havent looked at the theory enough, but if i did i would do as my bro does, the universe appears old. Could said earth be formed with the appearence of age? quite possibly. as we can observe the earth move in its orbital plane but its formation and time we can at beast Theorise.

sl, use a more modern experimeint not two hundred yr pre electron microscope age one.

and those guys werent aware of quantum physics.

sl, use a more modern experimeint not two hundred yr pre electron microscope age one.

and those guys werent aware of quantum physics.

LOLZ!

Your dismissing an experiment because it was first done a hundred years ago?!

You can do that same experiment today if you want. You'll get the same results.

Quantum Physics is NOT REAL SCIENCE Jason. We are told not to commit that to our trust:::::

6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding
profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so
called:

Maybe you'd like to show me a modern experiment that proves the Earth moves? Although I dont think an electron microscope is gonna help ya much. :chin

ex·per·i·ment

a. A test under controlled conditions that is made to demonstrate a known truth, examine the validity of a hypothesis, or determine the efficacy of something previously untried.

b. The process of conducting such a test; experimentation.

2. An innovative act or procedure:

3. The result of experimentation:

1. To conduct an experiment.

2. To try something new, especially in order to gain experience

Ya know....like actually DOING things. Using equipment to test and collate data scientifically.

the moon must have a smaller orbit as its CLOSER to the earth. then sun, unless you think that sun is less than a million miles away.

the electron microscope was brought up as we can see the basic atomic particle and i should the atom smashers which btw do work.

if not then this computer of mine shouldnt work as its not the electron that travels but the quarks of them.

so, your premise that in order for toe be true then therefore we must have the heliocentric views.

lol.

where in the bible does it say the age of the earth. men wasnt created till the 5th day.
so the earth is older then men, and does it say how long the earth was without form?

the moon must have a smaller orbit as its CLOSER to the earth. then sun, unless you think that sun is less than a million miles away.

the electron microscope was brought up as we can see the basic atomic particle and i should the atom smashers which btw do work.

if not then this computer of mine shouldnt work as its not the electron that travels but the quarks of them.

so, your premise that in order for toe be true then therefore we must have the heliocentric views.

lol.

where in the bible does it say the age of the earth. men wasnt created till the 5th day.
so the earth is older then men, and does it say how long the earth was without form?

Even for you Jason.....that is a particularly obscure and disjointed post.

Maybe this will help you out with the eclipse thing::::: From - http://www.fixedearth.com/Assumptions.htm

The solar eclipse tableau involving the sun, moon, and earth reveals a truly amazing fact about the universal acceptance of the Copernican Heliocentric Model of a rotating earth orbiting a stationary sun. That amazing fact is this: The Eclipse Tableau exposes as no other illustration does the bald truth that the Helio Model is built purely on assumptions that deny all observational and experimental evidence.

Notice these seven assumptions which are indispensable to the Helio Model in general and are so apparent in the Solar Eclipse Phenomena.

1) It must be assumed that the Sun is stationary in the "solar" system relevant to the Earth (and to the Moon) and that it has never traveled East to West daily across the sky as observed by everyone on Earth throughout all history.

2) Likewise, it must be assumed that the Earth rotates West to East ccw (counterclockwise) on an "axis" every 24 hours at an equatorial speed of c. 1040 MPH in spite of there being nothing but a mathematical model's "evidence" for this motion whatsoever.

3) It must be assumed that the Earth is also orbiting the Sun annually (ccw) at an average speed of c. 67,000 MPH.

4) It must be assumed that the Earth’s axial alleged tilt of 23.5 degrees--in combination with its assumed annual orbit around the sun--is the only available scientific explanation for the seasons.

5) The Earth’s atmosphere must be assumed to be just an airy, fixed extension of the alleged rotating Earth. It is assumed and must be assumed that this atmosphere must have the remarkable ability to synchronize speeds of objects in it at all altitudes--birds, clouds, jets, low orbit satellites, alleged geo-synchronous satellites over 22,000 miles out--and to be unaffected by alleged Earth movements of speeds ranging from 1000 MPH to 67,000 MPH to 500,000 MPH to 660,000,000 MPH. This assumption is mandatory once the rotating Earth assumption is made and can not be ignored in the helio model of the eclipse phenomena.

6) A particularly fantastic assumption necessary to accommodating the precise Solar Eclipse Phenomena in the Helio Model involves the bold reversal of the Moon’s observed direction of travel. Acceptance of this occult slight of hand from the Arcane Math Department of Mystic U. has no basis in reality, of course. Rather, it must be coupled with prior acceptance of the other assumptions of a rotating Earth orbiting a stationary Sun. No moon reversal means no accurate eclipse forecasts and no accurate eclipse forecasts means no heliocentricity model.

7) It must be assumed that the Stars do not move around the Earth diurnally (as observed by everyone who has ever lived).

Each one of these seven assumptions is dependent on the other six. They are all interdependent and totally without observational or experimental support. They are solely mathematical models contrived to account for eclipse and other phenomena and replace the fact that what we actually see explains the phenomena.

By contrast, there are four requirements involved in the Geocentric Model which fit all occasions including the incredibly precise Solar Eclipse Phenomena. All four are confirmed by observation and require no assumptions.

1) As observed, the Sun goes around a non-moving Earth every 24 hours.

2) The Earth is stationary relative to an orbiting Sun and Moon. This is a posture attested to by all the senses, confirmed by the Michelson-Morley et al experiments, established repeatedly in the Bible, and challenged only by a clever mathematical model...and alleged distances to stars that prohibit their diurnal orbit

3) As observed without variation, the Moon orbits the stationary Earth east to west every 24 hours and 52 minutes on the average.

4) The Stars go around the Earth every 23 hours and 56 minutes

Geocentrism is real and observed. Helio is pure assumption.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back