Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Why does God let bad things happen to good people?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
these say a lot and are overlooked some time
Ecc 9:2-6
Ecc 9:11
Isa 24:2
Isa 30:21
John 16:33
Acts 14:22
Eph 2:2
1 Pet 4:12-13
2nd Cor 4:4
Heb 12: 5-8
Jam 1:12
Rev 12:8-12

Roro,
The quote feature quit working at some point. I think you wore it out!
But I didn't even look up the verses to tell you the truth.

No need to. Because you're telling me that there's evil and bad and that it's going to happen.
But the O.P. is asking WHY. And I'm sure non of the quotes above answer the Why. Because there is no answer.
But to get to one of your quotes, which would be the first one which you didn't answer to:
In your post no. 53 you quote:
Isaiah 45 verse no. 7 as saying:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

As you know, the O.T. was written in Hebrew and when you read a sentence such as the above you either have to realize it's not meaning what it says OR if you're not sure if you to stop and figure out if it was translated correctly.

The meaning of "I created evil" in the above just means that God could bring peace to Israel or its enemies and that He could create the calamity of war, most probably for the enemy of Israel (Babylonians) so that Isreal, His "son" could have peace.

It's not saying that God created evil. This simply cannot be.

Try a different bible, for instance the NAS which is translated very well:
Isaiah 45:7 NAS

It uses the word "calamity".

Wondering

Uh, 'cause that's the best way to learn? :shrug

iakov the fool
The only way we have to understand God is to use our finite minds. So we explain God in human terms. It's okay, I do this too. What other way could there be? God's ways are not our ways.

As far as its being the best way to learn: Maybe in human terms. But God couldn't figure out a better way? He has to pour some evil on me just to make me understand something?

I refuse that. I had brought up Romans 8:28. We can USE the bad that comes our way for good. We CAN learn something from it.

But to say that God does this specifically to teach us something goes against everything I know about God.
Many Christians use this line of reasoning only because it's such a difficult subject to broach and we feel like there must be an answer. What happens to God is All Good?? If He's All Good, He makes me get cancer to teach me something? He couldn't figure out a nicer way??

JP, maybe the answer is that there is no answer.

Wondering

Yes, the OT does see God as ordaining evil things on people. The OT Go can be very sadistic and cruel. That's why I hold the OT is only a partial revelation of god.

I have often wondered this too. I understand that bad things happen because there is evil in the world. I also understand that there is good in the world so it matters where we go and what we do and how we guard ourselves as such from these things. But what about when the bad things still happen despite your best laid plans to protect yourself. I have to ask why God did not protect us from that event or events. I know it's not for us to question God but sometimes we do. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a clear cut answer that you could really hold onto. God, why did you allow the lives of christian men and women to be turned upside down with so few answers as to why, why must we suffer as much as we do? I know Jesus suffered more than any for our own sin being of no fault or deserving part in it. But I sometimes think I'm not Jesus, I'm not perfect nor will I ever be. And when I try to do/be better I commonly fail and seemingly receive no help from God and am left to wallow in my own misery. I sincerely hope to find the answers so I don't have to feel like this anymore.
Warrior4Jesus,

You've hit the nail on the head, AFAIC.
You've asked the right question here:

But what about when the bad things still happen despite your best laid plans to protect yourself. I have to ask why God did not protect us from that event or events.

This question is pivotal and takes us away from accepting that bad things happen to WHY they happen.
We can protect ourselves a lot by following God and His ways. I often say this.

The misery and bad things around us come from 3 sources:

Ourselves
Others
Nature

So we could control, to a degree, what misery we cause ourselves by adhreing to God's rules, we could control to a degree how much we let others do bad to us (or how we react to it); but, alas, what happens when we get to nature?

And here comes your question as to WHY. How do we have any control over an earthquake? How do we stop a hurricane from killing, or a tornado? Nature is also good and bad. A breeze could be pleasant, a strong wind could be harmful.

So you see, Warrior4Jesus, you've come to the edge. Now what? Will you find an answer? I've been looking for 40 years and have come to the conclusion that there is no answer.

Wondering

Yes, the OT does see God as ordaining evil things on people. The OT Go can be very sadistic and cruel. That's why I hold the OT is only a partial revelation of god.
Hi HH,

You say "the OT God". Does God change? Is He different in the OT than in the NT?
Doesn't the bible teach us that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow?
Malachi 3:6
Hebrews 13:8

You're right that the O:T: is a partial revelation of God. It seems that no matter how hard He tried, we just couldn't understand Him. So, yes, He sent His Son Jesus to make clearer to us what He, God Almightly, The Father, wants from us.

This doesn't mean that God ordained evil on people. So who's ordaining evil on people now that we have the New Testament?? What changed?

Wondering

When it comes to nature, evil results from bad decision-making. This can be on our part: Doing something dumb like trying to live right next to a volcano. This can also be on the part of nature. I view all matter as alive, as having a subjective side. Hence, natural elements can also make bad decisions.
Next, the issue of how God is related to change is a very complex issue. It will take us beyond questions about evil. I am gong to email you some of my thoughts on this matter right now.

To provide some relevant background, most Christians assume there is only one model of God, one official picture of what God is like in his own nature. At present, that is definitely not true. There are at least two, classical theism and neo-classical theism, also termed process theology. Most Christians the traditional Christian model of God (classical theism) came directly out to the pages of Scripture. Absolutely not true. Let's go way back in history for a moment. The Greeks had a real appetite for metaphysics, for inquiring into what is the basic structure of reality. Is it all mind? Matter? It it changeable? In contrast, metaphysics was of little or no interest to the ancient Hebrews. The Bible, for example, tells us very little of how God is actually built. Is God all immaterial? Material? What? As the church worked its way up into the educated classes of the Greco-Roman world, it had to provide some kind of metaphysical system and level of discussion in order to survive. So the church fathers freely incorporated Hellenic concepts into their description of God. Although there were many different schools of Hellenic philosophy, the Greeks as a whole had real trouble wit the physical world of time, change,relativity, and matter. More than one major school argued that change in any form, most especially movement, was a logical impossibility and therefore dos not exist. Plato was a dominant force here, arguing that the world of time and change is just a big illusion and the major source of all suffering and evil. The truly divine, “the really real,” was a wholly immaterial world of static perfection, totally immutable, wholly simple, wholly detached form the evil world of time and change.

Once these Hellenic notions were incorporated into Christianity, God was defined as void of body, parts, passions, compassion, wholly immutable, omnipotent, without even the shadow of motion, the supreme cause, never the effect. I am listing almost verbatum here the description form the major creeds,s such as the Westminster Confession, and the writings of the major church fathers, such as Augustine, Anselm, Aquinas, etc. Granted, they spoke of God's love, but it was a totally cold, unemotional love. Both Anselm and Aquinas insisted that although God might seem to us to be compassionate, he defiantly is not, in his own nature. Since God has no passion (emotion), then he could have no compassion, either. Unlike human love, God's love was totally minus any sympathy or empathy. God could have no emotion, because emotions are changes in bodily state, and God does not have a body and God does not change. Not to suffer is better than to suffer, hence, God as the most perfect being was wholly incapable of suffering, or experiencing any other negative emotion. Suggesting in any way the the Father suffered was ruled out as a major heresy.

In the 20-century, this model began to be seriously questioned. It really didn't seem at all compatible with a God of love at all. At best, it seems to present a picture of God as a Ruthless Moralist, Ruling Caesar, and Unmoved Mover. Also, it seemed incompatible with out modern understanding of realty, the really real,as in a constant state of flux and also relativistic,where entities are not ever solitary, but emerge out of their relationships with others. The Greeks enshrined the values of the immune and the immutable,and this also was in question. Why should it be seen as a weakness that we have needs? Why should God be seen as weak of it or she also has needs? What's wrong with God experiencing genuine pain and suffering? How can anyone other than a suffering God help? If God can't change in any way whatsoever, then saint or sinner, it's all the same to God,who remains blissfully indifferent to the world. But who can put any real faith in an indifferent Deity? If God could be just as happy,whole, and complete without a universe as with one,then why did he bother to create one and how is it to have any real significance I the life of God, when it contributes absolutely nothing to him?

The result was a new model of God in which God and the universe are mutually interrelated. God grows as the world goes. God is the supreme effect as well as cause. My favorite metaphor here is that the universe is the body of God. I can't find any other that does justice to God's radical sensitivity to all things. There is a direct, immediate flow of all creaturely feelings into God, and a direct immediate flow of God's feelings into creatures. Hence, God radically transcends us, as we are total strangers to the empathic responsiveness exhibited by God. Now, there is much more to say here, but I feel I should stop for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Some day there will be.
AMEN!
But not here. And why even look for the answer? We're to trust that God loves us and wants the best for us. We're to know that there are powers at work that do not work for our benefit. It's not for us to understand everything or we'd be God. Jesus said HE was limited in what he knew (when on earth). So we certainly are. But we can be sure of God's love.
1 Peter 5:7
and a myriad of others.

(Ephesians 6:12 helped me a lot - to stop searching for an answer, I mean).

Wondering

When it comes to nature, evil results from bad decision-making. This can be on our part: Doing something dumb like trying to live right next to a volcano. This can also be on the part of nature. I view all matter as alive, as having a subjective side. Hence, natural elements can also make bad decisions.
Next, the issue of how God is related to change is a very complex issue. It will take us beyond questions about evil. I am gong to email you some of my thoughts on this matter right now.

To provide some relevant background, most Christians assume there is only one model of God, one official picture of what God is like in his own nature. At present, that is definitely not true. There are at least two, classical theism and neo-classical theism, also termed process theology. Most Christians the traditional Christian model of God (classical theism) came directly out to the pages of Scripture. Absolutely not true. Let's go way back in history for a moment. The Greeks had a real appetite for metaphysics, for inquiring into what is the basic structure of reality. Is it all mind? Matter? It it changeable? In contrast, metaphysics was of little or no interest to the ancient Hebrews. The Bible, for example, tells us very little of how God is actually built. Is God all immaterial? Material? What? As the church worked its way up into the educated classes of the Greco-Roman world, it had to provide some kind of metaphysical system and level of discussion in order to survive. So the church fathers freely incorporated Hellenic concepts into their description of God. Although there were many different schools of Hellenic philosophy, the Greeks as a whole had real trouble wit the physical world of time, change,relativity, and matter. More than one major school argued that change in any form, most especially movement, was a logical impossibility and therefore dos not exist. Plato was a dominant force here, arguing that the world of time and change is just a big illusion and the major source of all suffering and evil. The truly divine, “the really real,” was a wholly immaterial world of static perfection, totally immutable, wholly simple, wholly detached form the evil world of time and change.

Once these Hellenic notions were incorporated into Christianity, God was defined as void of body, parts, passions, compassion, wholly immutable, omnipotent, without even the shadow of motion, the supreme cause, never the effect. I am listing almost verbatum here the description form the major creeds,s such as the Westminster Confession, and the writings of the major church fathers, such as Augustine, Anselm, Aquinas, etc. Granted, they spoke of God's love, but it was a totally cold, unemotional love. Both Anselm and Aquinas insisted that although God might seem to us to be compassionate, he defiantly is not, in his own nature. Since God has no passion (emotion), then he could have no compassion, either. Unlike human love, God's love was totally minus any sympathy or empathy. God could have no emotion, because emotions are changes in bodily state, and God does not have a body and God does not change. Not to suffer is better than to suffer, hence, God as the most perfect being was wholly incapable of suffering, or experiencing any other negative emotion. Suggesting in any way the the Father suffered was ruled out as a major heresy.

In the 20-century, this model began to be seriously questioned. It really didn't seem at all compatible with a God of love at all. At best, it seems to present a picture of God as a Ruthless Moralist, Ruling Caesar, and Unmoved Mover. Also, it seemed incompatible with out modern understanding of realty, the really real,as in a constant state of flux and also relativistic,where entities are not ever solitary, but emerge out of their relationships with others. The Greeks enshrined the values of the immune and the immutable,and this also was in question. Why should it be seen as a weakness that we have needs? Why should God be seen as weak of it or she also has needs? What's wrong with God experiencing genuine pain and suffering? How can anyone other than a suffering God help? If God can't change in any way whatsoever, then saint or sinner, it's all the same to God,who remains blissfully indifferent to the world. But who can put any real faith in an indifferent Deity? If God could be just as happy,whole, and complete without a universe as with one,then why did he bother to create one and how is it to have any real significance I the life of God, when it contributes absolutely nothing to him?

The result was a new model of God in which God and the universe are mutually interrelated. God grows as the world goes. God is the supreme effect as well as cause. My favorite metaphor here is that the universe is the body of God. I can't find any other that does justice to God's radical sensitivity to all things. There is a direct, immediate flow of all creaturely feelings into God, and a direct immediate flow of God's feelings into creatures. Hence, God radically transcends us, as we are total strangers to the empathic responsiveness exhibited by God. Now, there is much more to say here, but I feel I should stop for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Acquinas is my favorite of those you mention.
But much to read and I doubt we're going to agree on this one. It'll have to wait till this evening.
However, I could choose to live far from a volcano, but where would you allow me to live?
There are earthquakes all over Italy. Should we all be moved to France?
What about the states? Should all people in the Southeast be moved up to Canada? Many hurricanes in the S.E., Many tornadoes. And while we're at it, Southern California needs to be evacuated too.
Oh. And let's not forget tidal waves and Tsunamis. That's almost all of the Southern hemisphere of the earth.

No HH. This argument will not work.

Lata...

Wondering

Well, if you live in an earthquake zone, then you are taking great risk, and that means you should be prepared. Also, you over exaggerated just a bit. Some places are safer to live than others, although no place is 100 percent safe. Again, much evil cam be minimized if you are prepared. A friend of mine, Les Colonello, jazz trumpeter extraordinaire, and resident of New Orleans, survived Katrina by being prepared. He is ex-military and did have extra food and water in his house. Now see, I live in an earthquake zone. Well, if you're a sourdough, too, you know what I mean. But I am lazy. I don't have any extra food, etc., stored up just in case. So if I get caught in something really serious, much of the pain I feel is my own doing for not being better prepared.
You wanted to know what evil is. Well, it is a state of meaninglessness. Probably the evil of all evils is that the past fades. We obtain a satisfaction, only to lose it. So, what is the point of doing anything, when it is all going to go up in smoke soon enough anyway? Now, this is where I see God as essential. I believe that God is supreme effect as well as cause. I believe that we pass all our experiences into God, who empathically shares in all our feelings. Hence, everything has meaning, for everything is preserved and enjoyed in God's memory eternally.

Why should I receive good things from God?
The answer should not surprise you. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Because of the blood of Jesus we are white as snow, joint heirs to the throne because of the cleansing blood of Jesus. If this were not true then Jesus died in vain and all is forfeit. This being true we are able to boldly go to the throne asking whatever we like inline with God's will and here is the very important part I would like you to hear.. We CAN EXPECT it would be done!
As far as the rest of your post I think it is a good explanation and I like it. Doesn't make it any easier though does it? Doesn't hurt less or weigh a person down any less when life's troubles get you down.

WoF, right?
That Jesus Christ died and made the Atonement for my sins is sufficient. Anything else that God does is gravy.

When you get to the point of life when the vow before God, "in sickness and in health..." becomes a reality, and you are separated for medical reasons for over 2½ years, you get a unique viewpoint on the grace and mercy of God, and I honestly hope that never happens to you. Then everything else, including the 1.5 billions of dollars in the Powerball lottery become trinkets that do not come close the peace we have abiding in the love and grace of Jesus.

John 16: 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Since Jesus said that, that is what I expect, and it is from where I draw my comfort.

Wondering, you mentioned abut time zones. Do you by any chance happen live in the Land of the Midnight Sun?
BRRRRR. No. But I'd love to see the Aurora Borealis!
I'm down South, in the land of the boot.
There's only an hour difference.

W

Well, if you live in an earthquake zone, then you are taking great risk, and that means you should be prepared. Also, you over exaggerated just a bit. Some places are safer to live than others, although no place is 100 percent safe. Again, much evil cam be minimized if you are prepared. A friend of mine, Les Colonello, jazz trumpeter extraordinaire, and resident of New Orleans, survived Katrina by being prepared. He is ex-military and did have extra food and water in his house. Now see, I live in an earthquake zone. Well, if you're a sourdough, too, you know what I mean. But I am lazy. I don't have any extra food, etc., stored up just in case. So if I get caught in something really serious, much of the pain I feel is my own doing for not being better prepared.
You wanted to know what evil is. Well, it is a state of meaninglessness. Probably the evil of all evils is that the past fades. We obtain a satisfaction, only to lose it. So, what is the point of doing anything, when it is all going to go up in smoke soon enough anyway? Now, this is where I see God as essential. I believe that God is supreme effect as well as cause. I believe that we pass all our experiences into God, who empathically shares in all our feelings. Hence, everything has meaning, for everything is preserved and enjoyed in God's memory eternally.
Okay HH. I'm willing to let this go because I certainly cannot force you to see evil as I do. In fact, this afternoon I was thinking that it's not even right. We are each where we are and where God wants us to be at this moment.

I would like to say that I believe evil comes from satan. All evil. For all causes:
Ourselves
Others
Nature

Regarding nature, I leave you with Romans 8:19-22.
It makes sense to me that this is speaking to all of creation.
When sin entered into the world when satan (the snake) tempted Eve in Genesis and both she and Adam ate of the forbidden fruit, sin affected ALL of creation. In Genesis it speaks of God creating the earth and nature and getting it all ready for His most important creation. Us! So we became infected with sin as did all of creation.

Wondering

As far as its being the best way to learn: Maybe in human terms. But God couldn't figure out a better way? He has to pour some evil on me just to make me understand something?
No. When we choose sin, the results teach us that sin isn't a good choice. God lets the results happen. It's a bit like, "Johnny, don't touch the stove; it's hot and it will burn you." 5 minutes later we're tending to Johnny's burnt finger.
But to say that God does this specifically to teach us something goes against everything I know about God.
God uses whatever we need because He loves us enough to not give up until we get it. A very stubborn, "slow learner" may need a bigger lump on his head to get the picture. Look what God did to Israel. Slaughter followed by 70 years of exile in Babylon. That's what it took to get their attention. We're not different because we've heard the Gospel.

iakov the fool

No. When we choose sin, the results teach us that sin isn't a good choice. God lets the results happen. It's a bit like, "Johnny, don't touch the stove; it's hot and it will burn you." 5 minutes later we're tending to Johnny's burnt finger.

God uses whatever we need because He loves us enough to not give up until we get it. A very stubborn, "slow learner" may need a bigger lump on his head to get the picture. Look what God did to Israel. Slaughter followed by 70 years of exile in Babylon. That's what it took to get their attention. We're not different because we've heard the Gospel.

iakov the fool
You know, I try to be careful with my wording because people you speak to don't understand God like we do and readers sometimes don't either.

What you're saying is right but there's that thin red line, as in many cases.

You say "when we CHOOSE sin the RESULT teaches" this is right. Sin always has a consequence. It's built in. But it's not as if God says "Okay, you did that so now I'm going to punish you." You see? I see a difference here. Smoking causes lung cancer. It's a result of smoking. It's not God saying " You smoked so now I'm going to give you lung cancer."

It's like the hardening of the heart. Romans 1:24 says God abandoned them to the desire of their heart. It's like He said, "Okay if that's how you want it, that's how it'll be."

You tell Johnny not to touch the hot stove and he touches it and it burns.
It's not that God took his finger and put it on the stove to teach Johnny not to touch it.

This difference is important to me because I had to teach this to kids.

Wondering

Okay HH. I'm willing to let this go because I certainly cannot force you to see evil as I do. In fact, this afternoon I was thinking that it's not even right. We are each where we are and where God wants us to be at this moment.

I would like to say that I believe evil comes from satan. All evil. For all causes:
Ourselves
Others
Nature
Wondering
Since evil is a moral dilemma, it cannot come from nature because there is no concept of morality within nature

That is why events like Katrina ( Augusr 23, 2005 winds of 125 mph(110 kts) category 3 hurricane), Andrew, (August 24, 1992, Category 5, 922 mb, 165 mph ) Camille (August 17, 1969, Category 5, 909 mb, Approaching 190 MPH ) , The Labor day Hurricane (September 2, 1935, Category 5, 892 mb,winds ~ 200 MPH ) and Charley (August 13, 2004, Category 4, 941 mb, 150 mph) can never be classified as "evil".

Nor can they be classified as "punishment from God". They exist, and there are devastating consequences of natural phenomena that cause pain and suffering such as the Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and the 2011 earthquake of Japan in 2011 (my son and his family were stationed near a hard-hit area.

Regarding nature, I leave you with Romans 8:19-22.
It makes sense to me that this is speaking to all of creation.
When sin entered into the world when satan (the snake) tempted Eve in Genesis and both she and Adam ate of the forbidden fruit, sin affected ALL of creation. In Genesis it speaks of God creating the earth and nature and getting it all ready for His most important creation. Us! So we became infected with sin as did all of creation.

Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.​

That is why verse 22 is well-intentioned, but out of context. Versed 19, 20 q1

Since evil is a moral dilemma, it cannot come from nature because there is no concept of morality within nature

That is why events like Katrina ( Augusr 23, 2005 winds of 125 mph(110 kts) category 3 hurricane), Andrew, (August 24, 1992, Category 5, 922 mb, 165 mph ) Camille (August 17, 1969, Category 5, 909 mb, Approaching 190 MPH ) , The Labor day Hurricane (September 2, 1935, Category 5, 892 mb,winds ~ 200 MPH ) and Charley (August 13, 2004, Category 4, 941 mb, 150 mph) can never be classified as "evil".

Nor can they be classified as "punishment from God". They exist, and there are devastating consequences of natural phenomena that cause pain and suffering such as the Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and the 2011 earthquake of Japan in 2011 (my son and his family were stationed near a hard-hit area.

Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.​

That is why verse 22 is well-intentioned, but out of context. Versed 19, 20 q1
I'm sorry Grace. I don't understand what you're saying.

Verse 22 says that the whole of creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

When sin entered, it entered into everything. When Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit they broke their relationship with each other, other persons and also with nature.

Also, it would be interesting to know what version of the bible you're using. I have 3 English bibles here:
The NIV, the ASV and also the Living Bible. I also checked an Italian bible and also Young's Literal Translation. For verses 20 and 21, where you have "creature" they've translated it "creation". I do trust Young's Literal Translation from the Greek and also the ASV.

In fact, verse 23 says that not only "they" (the creation) but ourselves also - herein adding us to creation which means that creation must be something different than "ourselves".

All of creation, all that is living, animals, vegetation, nature, the universe, ALL creation, is awaiting freedom from sin as we also hope in Jesus who will set everything right again. Creation is not moral and does not sin, as you said, however, it is SUBJECT to sin as is evident from all those events you listed. Anything "bad" comes from evil, evil affects everything.

Wondering
P.S. I'm more than sure that I didn't say it was punishment by God. Certainly not. Also, I'll never forget the footage on the news for the Japan earthquake, tsunami and nuclear power plant failure. It was horrific and I'm really sorry about your son and family and hope they're okay now.

The below links is an example of: All of creation, all that is living, animals, vegetation, nature, the universe, ALL creation, is awaiting freedom from sin as we also hope in Jesus who will set everything right again. Creation is not moral and does not sin, as you said, however, it is SUBJECT to sin as is evident from all those events you listed. Anything "bad" comes from evil, evil affects everything.

This is what my mind of thinking living Godly on this earth.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua+24:15&version=NKJV

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=UTF-8#q=Satan+knows+he+has+A+short+time+left

Last edited:
Hi WalterandDebbie

I'm posting your link above because it's one of my favorite verses since the bible teaches that there is a choice to be made and that there is no neutral ground. I was in a bible study the other evening and a woman, about 65, remarked on how much time she wasted by not being a believer until now.

Joshua 24:15New King James Version (NKJV)
15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Wondering

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back