Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Take it up with Jesus. He sees in black and white.
I would expect an omniscient being to have a better understanding of logic.

They sentence themselves. I hope it is not more than your guesstimation of 70%, although the Bible tells us the majority will not see the Kingdom.
I got from Wikipedia that Christians make up one third of the world population, which leaves about 66% of us as non-Christians. I rounded it up to 70% mostly for convenience but also because of "closest atheists."

I sincerely disagree with the "they sentence themselves" statement.

I would expect an omniscient being to have a better understanding of logic.

It is because of Him that you have what logic you have.

I got from Wikipedia that Christians make up one third of the world population, which leaves about 66% of us as non-Christians. I rounded it up to 70% mostly for convenience but also because of "closest atheists."

I sincerely disagree with the "they sentence themselves" statement.

Oh yes. Wikipedia, the be all and end all of truth.

Everyone is given knowledge of God. In the end, they do decide for themselves to either follow Him or Satan, either directly or by default. There is no excuse that one does not know there is a God.

It is because of Him that you have what logic you have.
Non sequitur.

Oh yes. Wikipedia, the be all and end all of truth.
They cite their sources. In this case, the data came from the CIA World Factbook, so... yea. On adherents.com they made a chart of the graph incase you are interested. http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

Everyone is given knowledge of God. In the end, they do decide for themselves to either follow Him or Satan, either directly or by default. There is no excuse that one does not know there is a God.
So I am a Satan worshiper even though I only acknowledge him as another fairy tale?

Wiccans are in the same boat as people who are without faith of any kind---lost (at sea). Without Jesus Christ, the only way to God, people are choosing eternal damnation.

Any Christian who thinks they are strong enough to step one foot in the world of the occult and not receive any fallout is being deceived.

The Bible is clear: RESIST EVIL.

My motto in life: NO COMPROMISE.

Reading a little further. . .

Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.

If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.
- 1 Corinthians 10:23-24, 27 (NIV)

cheers
sounds like good advice to me you should be able to go to that unless t you are a person with wishy washy faith ands its risky. a bestrong beliver can go wherever they need to go

Isaiah 41:11

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

if you do gods work for the benefit of others you never have anything to fear.Things may happen you dont like but fear..NO!

That there is a dangerous link. The ONLY way to enter before the Holy of Holies is to have asked Christ to be the propitiation for your sins.

James 3:1 (NLT)
Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Galatians 1:9 (NLT)
I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize that you must say that [only way through Jesus], since you are christian, but there is some wisdom found in that link. If there is a god who actually IS fair to all humans, then the notion of "only through Jesus", something that Jesus didn't actually state, can only be the beliefs of the person who wrote that down [ultimately ending up in canon, completed by men with an agenda].

I believe that the religions of the world do their best to describe [according to their own culture] the deity/deities they believe in. They may have other names, other characteristics, and whatever that is different that another religion's faith system. They get things wrong too [just as the errors in all religious systems], but do the best they can according to what they have been taught. Many have ONLY come to know about their belief systsm, having been raised in it [just as the western world came to know christianity by being birthed into it].

Good link.

I realize that you must say that [only way through Jesus], since you are christian, but there is some wisdom found in that link.

Yes, there is plenty of worldly wisdom there, but the Godly wisdom has been perverted.

If there is a god who actually IS fair to all humans, then the notion of "only through Jesus", something that Jesus didn't actually state, can only be the beliefs of the person who wrote that down [ultimately ending up in canon, completed by men with an agenda].

John 14:6 (NIV)
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Good link.

For the worldly man, yes. For the Christian, AWFUL link.

Yes, there is plenty of worldly wisdom there, but the Godly wisdom has been perverted.

John 14:6 (NIV)
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

For the worldly man, yes. For the Christian, AWFUL link.

Again, I know that you must see the link as "perverted" or "awful". I tend to see value in it. I am not one to agree with it, as the peson is obviously coming from a christian perspective. I am of the agreement that many religions lead to the same place . . . .as does Wicca. And it really does make the most sense . . . .over the notion that only ONE religion got it right and everyone else suffers tremendous everlasting torture just because of the proximity of their birth.

Wow-some odd advice in here. As someone who has been there done that, I would say go, only for the same thing a poster previously posted. All in I Corinthians chp 9.
Don't openly try to convert your friend,you may fail and push your friend away and possibly another soul from christ.
That is where most christians screw up, pushing agendas and judging. There is no christian alive that should judge anyone for anything. Though most christians hearts are in the right place, they push more away than save.
I do have to advise you that if you do go you can pick up negativity and it can lead to depression or worse and you will end up falling out with christ and in with them.
Just make sure your faith is strong and pray for protection from negativity.

I assure everyone here there is indeed a middle ground. I think not hanging out with a friend simply because they aren't Christian is ridiculous.

I feel that saying you should not be friends with this person is giving terrible advice.

Anyone disagree?

Also, Wicca is not Satanism. It's a form a Paganism. Is Islam Satanism? No. Is Mormonism Satanism? Of course not. What religion is Satanism you say? Why, Satanism ma lad! Simply put, no other religion worships Satan other than Satanism. And even that lacks an organized structure. I say go with your friend. Not to convert but to learn. Something many people hear should do more of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back