Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And because it says so in a book, therefore it must be true.

About post #72?

Because it says so in God's word it IS true.

You choose to reject it. that is your prerogative. It doesn't change the truth of it.

Post 72: Regarding Satan:
If there is nothing good in him, then he can't use it for any "agenda". If a person is "actually worshipping Satan by the acts they do in another religion", and the act is of a moral and ethical nature, AND of good value even incorporating many or most of "the fruits of the spirit", then where is Satan in this if all he is about is "evil"?

Satan has an evil agenda, and his agenda includes many ideas and acts that on the surface are considered good, but beneath is a world of evil and hate. He is clever, and is a master of counterfeits.

What you may see as good fruit and spiritual fruit is false fruit in lives that are not devoted to Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:13-14 NLT
These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ.
But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Because it says so in God's word it IS true.

You choose to reject it. that is your prerogative. It doesn't change the truth of it.

You can make "is" as big as you want, but that doesn't make it true because you say it is.

Post 72: Regarding Satan:

Satan has an evil agenda, and his agenda includes many ideas and acts that on the surface are considered good, but beneath is a world of evil and hate. He is clever, and is a master of counterfeits.

What you may see as good fruit and spiritual fruit is false fruit in lives that are not devoted to Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:13-14 NLT
These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Wiccans are not interested in "disguising themselves as apostles of Christ". Your scritpure doesn't apply.

So, if Satan's desires "evil and hate", how can those who you claim to be his followers behave oposite of "evil and hate"? What if they desire that which is good, shun that which is evil, have faith, hope, love, patience, joy, and have a life of peace? Are these people really desiring to "please Satan"? REALLY think about it!!

That's the problem with christianity. They can't see value or beauty in another person's beliefs. They denegrate them into an "evil person" just because they don't believe what christianity believes. In reality, they are just as good, . . . in fact, I have felt more welcome at the lady's house where they do witchcraft then I did with people at the church who were "supposed to treat me like a brother". Talk is cheap, my friend.

Seeing auras could very well be an affectation that could be from the pit.

If you are walking with Jesus Christ and are filled with His Holy Spirit, then people could very well be drawn to you, as well as repelled by you. Be true to Jesus Christ and ask Him to bring you people you can minister to, but to walk in to where evil spirits reign is foolish, IMO. You will get beat up as the seven sons of Sceva in Acts 19.
It is foolish if not a ministry you are called to as would attempting kids ministry if you are no good with kids.

Many years ago some people cared enough to go to Fiji to minister to cannibals who were doingthings that made people who practice Wicca look incredibly tame. Why did those guys go to that place ful of evil spirits? They didn't just pray about it at home in church they got eaten some of them. Because ofwhat they did the countryis free of it and the people set free it is a most Christian country now. Things can't always be safe

[/B]

You can make "is" as big as you want, but that doesn't make it true because you say it is.

It is true nonetheless. Truth isn't subjective. It is an absolute and you can know it.

Wiccans are not interested in "disguising themselves as apostles of Christ". Your scritpure doesn't apply.

It applies because they are following after one who tells them they are on the right path, and it is a trail down to the pit of hell.

So, if Satan's desires "evil and hate", how can those who you claim to be his followers behave oposite of "evil and hate"? What if they desire that which is good, shun that which is evil, have faith, hope, love, patience, joy, and have a life of peace? Are these people really desiring to "please Satan"? REALLY think about it!!

Think about it! Satan hates you, he hates all flesh. He wants to kill us all. He is clever enough to seduce people into thinking all he offers on his goody tray is good--he is the master counterfeiter and lost people and weak believers are his dupes. He's been around a longer time than you.

That's the problem with christianity.

There is no problem with Christianity.

They can't see value or beauty in another person's beliefs. They denegrate them into an "evil person" just because they don't believe what christianity believes. In reality, they are just as good, . . . in fact, I have felt more welcome at the lady's house where they do witchcraft then I did with people at the church who were "supposed to treat me like a brother". Talk is cheap, my friend.

We have the wisdom of God in us. We see pitfalls and lies because God shows them to us. I thank God for that!

No one is good. There is no beauty in a lie, no matter how it is dressed up!

Of course these people will make you feel welcome! It is like the Venus Flytrap, spiritually. As far as your experience goes, if you were not a brother in Christ, and presented yourself as such, there will have come a time where the pretense would be too much for you. My pastor often says, "You either grow or you go." You went, inevitably, and sadly. But on the other hand, all hope is not lost for you.

Where there is life, exists hope!
You have already been given truth in huge great gobs, and I think that shows God's amazing grace and mercy toward you--you--you!

It is foolish if not a ministry you are called to as would attempting kids ministry if you are no good with kids.

Many years ago some people cared enough to go to Fiji to minister to cannibals who were doingthings that made people who practice Wicca look incredibly tame. Why did those guys go to that place ful of evil spirits? They didn't just pray about it at home in church they got eaten some of them. Because ofwhat they did the countryis free of it and the people set free it is a most Christian country now. Things can't always be safe

I bet they didn't see auras. They just took their position in Christ seriously.

Sorry Alabaster, but I disagree with you. You have yet to show me this "absolute proof". There isn't anything that you have stated that is backed up. Just opinion. There isn't any deity telling me anything. I'm not receiving any "great gobs of truth" from any deity. All I hear about is from people. People who believe something that isn't evidential. That's fine, and you all are free to do so, but threatening someone with a violent afterlife lends it to being rejected by people.

There isn't any evidence of an "evil being" who wants to deceive me or anyone else. These are all unsubstantiated claims used in an attempt to bribe a person into a faith belief system. And if someone follows a path that leads them to be a good person and do good things, yet are punished in the end for "failing to believe in the right faith", then at least they were true in this life.

Sorry Alabaster, but I disagree with you. You have yet to show me this "absolute proof". There isn't anything that you have stated that is backed up. Just opinion. There isn't any deity telling me anything. I'm not receiving any "great gobs of truth" from any deity. All I hear about is from people. People who believe something that isn't evidential. That's fine, and you all are free to do so, but threatening someone with a violent afterlife lends it to being rejected by people.

There isn't any evidence of an "evil being" who wants to deceive me or anyone else. These are all unsubstantiated claims used in an attempt to bribe a person into a faith belief system. And if someone follows a path that leads them to be a good person and do good things, yet are punished in the end for "failing to believe in the right faith", then at least they were true in this life.

Honey, you have received tons of truth from people here.

I make no threats. How can I carry them out? I am a human being too, who has sinned against God and was once worthy of hellfire, until I received Jesus Christ who changed my life and my destiny. Hellfire is a promise from God that those who deny Christ will be judged.

I have experienced the tyranny of Satanic intrusion into lives, but I am not going to parade all the details of the experience here.

you have a point regarding inherent goodness. Of course the Bible says no one is good--no one. But people can make for themselves a rather nice and 'good' life here on Earth without ever believing in God at all. They can work hard and reap the benefits of that, or accumulate wealth and have love in their lives--yes, all of that and more. But that will be all that person ever experiences of what they consider goodness. That is the end of the road for them when they die. It is gone forever. A flash in the pan. Eternal death and punishment is the end for them.

Those who know Jesus Christ and live for Him, fulfilling His will, will receive not only earthly rewards, but great heavenly rewards that are theirs forever! Life is the most important.

RUN!!!!

" I have a hard time believing she's associated with anything malicious."

Except that she's told you that she is an adherent of a satanic religious system (although she may not KNOW that for sure, she IS anyway), and that she wants to INVOLVE you in it as well.

"Any ideas or advice?"

Of course: RUN!!!! RUN AWAY!!! and don't look back!!!!". if you're not strong enough to tell her that you want no part of her religious system (whether she's visited yours or not), then it's time to sever the relationship for your own safety, since you don't seem to be too sure of the problems inherent in Wiccan practice (there IS "power" in it - from the WRONG source).

Re: RUN!!!!

" I have a hard time believing she's associated with anything malicious."

Except that she's told you that she is an adherent of a satanic religious system (although she may not KNOW that for sure, she IS anyway), and that she wants to INVOLVE you in it as well.

"Any ideas or advice?"

Of course: RUN!!!! RUN AWAY!!! and don't look back!!!!". if you're not strong enough to tell her that you want no part of her religious system (whether she's visited yours or not), then it's time to sever the relationship for your own safety, since you don't seem to be too sure of the problems inherent in Wiccan practice (there IS "power" in it - from the WRONG source).

AMEN_TO_THAT.gif

by going you may just impact on other peoples lives with jesus message. Is it better to do that or think of yourself and your own safety? I don't mean the O.P. I mean all the people there. Its not like they are creepy satanists or anything. i wouldnt go to asatanist gathering but wicca is fairy conjurers. they don't harm much.

Its funny the more i talk about this the more I want to do it (go and tell about jesus).

Spells and stuff are crap they don't work anyway. they only work on people dumb enough to believe it.

wicca dudes believe easily. They are not as easy as Atheists to convert, Atheists are easy they already believe. Anyone who spends so much time trying to convince themselves there is no god already believes in god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honey, you have received tons of truth from people here.

In reality, I have received tons of opinion from people here that cannot prove to me its truth factor in any way.

I make no threats. How can I carry them out? I am a human being too, who has sinned against God and was once worthy of hellfire, until I received Jesus Christ who changed my life and my destiny. Hellfire is a promise from God that those who deny Christ will be judged.

If you believe every word in the bible AND agree with it, then you are making threats to people in order to scare them into your faith system.

Let me ask you a very important question. Do you believe that a person deserves an everlasting punishment [pain, sorrow] just for [as you believe] "choosing the wrong path"?

you have a point regarding inherent goodness. Of course the Bible says no one is good--no one. But people can make for themselves a rather nice and 'good' life here on Earth without ever believing in God at all. They can work hard and reap the benefits of that, or accumulate wealth and have love in their lives--yes, all of that and more. But that will be all that person ever experiences of what they consider goodness. That is the end of the road for them when they die. It is gone forever. A flash in the pan. Eternal death and punishment is the end for them.

Those who know Jesus Christ and live for Him, fulfilling His will, will receive not only earthly rewards, but great heavenly rewards that are theirs forever! Life is the most important.

And this is the ID principle. The ID wants what it doesn't have. It never learns, . . . and when it doesn't get it, it causes the person to fanticize about it. Feeling superior to others [because you chose "correctly"], feeling that you will receive this glorious afterlife. It's the pleasure principle . . . the ID at work.

Let me ask you a very important question. Do you believe that a person deserves an everlasting punishment [pain, sorrow] just for [as you believe] "choosing the wrong path"?

God does. That's what matters. He doesn't want anyone to perish! But He has made an oath and He lives by His oaths. Anything with sin on it cannot enter the Kingdom. Do you think that Judgment Day will be a fun day for Him? He loves you! He doesn't want to send anyone to hell--hell was created for only Satan and His angels. People do not belong there, but sin does. If people have sin on them, and have chosen to reject Jesus Christ, then they have by default chosen Satan as their father. God has no choice but to separate sinners from His Kingdom. They need confining.

And this is the ID principle. The ID wants what it doesn't have. It never learns, . . . and when it doesn't get it, it causes the person to fanticize about it. Feeling superior to others [because you chose "correctly"], feeling that you will receive this glorious afterlife. It's the pleasure principle . . . the ID at work.

No. It is the power of God to revolutionize a person's life and mind. I praise and thank you, Jesus!

God does. That's what matters.

I asked if YOU do.

He doesn't want anyone to perish! But He has made an oath and He lives by His oaths. Anything with sin on it cannot enter the Kingdom.

Satan did, in the story of Job. Walked right up to god in heaven. :shrug

Do you think that Judgment Day will be a fun day for Him? He loves you! He doesn't want to send anyone to hell--hell was created for only Satan and His angels. People do not belong there, but sin does.

A literal fire for spirit beings who wouldn't be affected by fire? But the people who are actually given real flesh and bone would. Isn't that a doctrine? But I agree, people don't belong there, . . . and no one WILL go there. Annihilated, most likely.

If people have sin on them, and have chosen to reject Jesus Christ, then they have by default chosen Satan as their father. God has no choice but to separate sinners from His Kingdom. They need confining.

I'm not going to get into just how wrong this quote is, because you'll just say that it is. An endless circle. You have no ground to stand on when it comes to who I have "chosen".

As for them "needing confining", I've known FAR more malignant people in christianity than some outside of it. Some have been on this site. People saying and doing evil things, yet because they "make a profession of faith", they are better? I don't think so.

No. It is the power of God to revolutionize a person's life and mind.

That ideology came about because of the "pleasure principle". It is also a matter of simulacrum.

I asked if YOU do.
I agree with God.

Satan did, in the story of Job. Walked right up to god in heaven. :shrug

Yep. He has audiences with God as a spirit being. He isn't human.

A literal fire for spirit beings who wouldn't be affected by fire? But the people who are actually given real flesh and bone would. Isn't that a doctrine? But I agree, people don't belong there, . . . and no one WILL go there. Annihilated, most likely.

Obviously fiery brimstone is something that affects spirit. As far as humans, they are all raised from the dead to be judged.

They will go there, as God Himself says. You say otherwise, but you cannot speak to the matter with any confidence, not acknowledging God in the first place.

I'm not going to get into just how wrong this quote is, because you'll just say that it is. An endless circle. You have no ground to stand on when it comes to who I have "chosen".

Jesus says that if you are not for Him, you are AGAINST Him. An unbeliever makes Satan his father.

John 8:42:47 NLT

42 Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me. 43 Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me! 44 For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me! 46 Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.”

As for them "needing confining", I've known FAR more malignant people in christianity than some outside of it. Some have been on this site. People saying and doing evil things, yet because they "make a profession of faith", they are better? I don't think so.

That is your opinion. God's opinion is paramount, and He looks upon the heart. He knows what is evil, and judgment belongs to Him in the end. in the end, He will confine all sin and death to one place where it will be destroyed forever.

That ideology came about because of the "pleasure principle". It is also a matter of simulacrum.

thumbsdown3.gif

Jesus says that if you are not for Him, you are AGAINST Him. An unbeliever makes Satan his father.

That is a logical fallacy known as a false dilemma, or black-and-white thinking.

EDIT:
God does. That's what matters.
So you believe in a god which will sentence 70% of the world population into a place of eternal torture that he created?

That is a logical fallacy known as a false dilemma, or black-and-white thinking.

Take it up with Jesus. He sees in black and white.

So you believe in a god which will sentence 70% of the world population into a place of eternal torture that he created?

They sentence themselves. I hope it is not more than your guesstimation of 70%, although the Bible tells us the majority will not see the Kingdom.

I agree with God. Obviously fiery brimstone is something that affects spirit. As far as humans, they are all raised from the dead to be judged.

So, since you have stated that you agree with, and have openly stated that, people will be given literal new skin that will be affected by this fire [that, I'm sorry, could NOT affect a spirit being. That's ridiculous.], . . . if god asks you to take the job from the angel tasked to throw these "lost souls" [or more importantly, living human bodies] into hell, . . . would you gladly accept the task?

Yep. He has audiences with God as a spirit being. He isn't human.

I'm sorry that you have such a low opinion of humans that you believe that SATAN has better presence in heaven, before your god, than you do. Fantastic!

John 8:42:47 NLT

42 Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me. 43 Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me! 44 For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me! 46 Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.”

Are you suggesting that I "love to lie, murder, steal, cheat, etc."??? :nono2 Typcial.

That is your opinion. God's opinion is paramount, and He looks upon the heart. He knows what is evil, and judgment belongs to Him in the end. in the end, He will confine all sin and death to one place where it will be destroyed forever.

Wrong. He doesn't look at the heart. Christians do things just as wrong as anyone else. They just "chose Jesus". THAT'S IT!

Let me ask you another question. Would you still "love and serve god" if your ultimate place of eternal life was to be by yourself in a grey box shaped room with nothing to look at, just a hard grey chair to sit on .. . and that's it?

Take a HARD look at how heaven is characterized. That is the ID at work, wanting what it [the ID] can't have, and fantasizing about it. It's done today. It was done when writers of religious texts [who were often in harsh situations] wrote.

Now, Wicca kind of does the same thing. They have a place called "Summerland". It is just a place where the soul goes after it leaves the body. Humans are hardwired to need/want something greater than their present state. I'm sorry if this fact doesn't meld with your philosophy, but it is basic psychology.

Back