Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think one thing we need to realize when talking about the occult and cult-like activities is that cults happen in Christian society, not only pagan and wiccan religions. Would you abandon a friend of yours if you felt he/she was involved in a cult-like christian "preaching" church?

Yes, there are all kinds of 'Christian' cults out there. If a friend refused correction and continued in his or her ways, I would have to cease the relationship---not that I would cease loving and praying for him or her. My energies are to be focused on those whom God is leading toward Himself---not those who are running away from Him, but of course, it would all depend on what God asks of me concerning the person.

Alabaster, my brother absolutely insists that God placed him on this path [Wicca], and he prayed about it as well. You may say that it was "the enemy deceiving", but he claims that it was the same voice he heard when he was fully in the christian church.

Alabaster, my brother absolutely insists that God placed him on this path [Wicca], and he prayed about it as well. You may say that it was "the enemy deceiving", but he claims that it was the same voice he heard when he was fully in the christian church.

He believes a lie.

According to you. He is certain of it being the same voice . . . . and I should put "voice" in quotes, because few if any actually hear an audible voice.

Regardless, what is your bottom line with what my brother believes?

It is a lie of Satan that he is believing. He has been deceived. Satan can intercept answers to prayer and provide his brand of answer to those he is deceiving. That is why we must stay clear completely of entertaining anything of these Satanic belief systems.

Perhaps he has deceived even himself by wishful thinking.

God would never sanction anyone to follow after Wiccan beliefs as they are all foreign to the revelation we have of God already. Their beliefs deny who God really is. It is a counterfeit to all He has taught us about Himself.

Your brother has fallen prey to a cult that will ultimately destroy him.

Alabaster, is it possible for Satan to do something good, or to be good?

"No one is good—except God alone." Luke 18:19 (NIV)

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 (NIV)

God will never tell anyone to do something that is contrary to the Word of God.

"No one is good—except God alone." Luke 18:19 (NIV)

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 (NIV)

God will never tell anyone to do something that is contrary to the Word of God.

Amen!

A Christian compromises when he or she accepts such an invitation. Here the OP has been given an opportunity to stand up for righteousness and the bulk of responders are taking about tarot cards and Ouija boards, etc...

She needs strong, Godly support to make a stand for Jesus, no matter what!

The friendship may end, but that person will know who to turn to when she is realizes she is lost and hopelessly caught up in the occult, and left completely disillusioned and desperate for hope and truth!
What if you go and you area strong person convicted on your beliefs You just may have a golden opportunity to share your faith where people may have never heard of it before.

If one plays it safe and never ventures beyond churches safe boundaries. One is not going to be where they can really do good for god.. know what I mean.

You cant be scared if you are strong enough, they are just people like you and me.

I wass seriously thinking about going to one for that reason myself. Because I have some things in common with people in it they warm to me even though i am a a christian. I have felt god God encourage me to drop in one day but not to a service it but I have so far resisted until this idea is tested..fleece....and I get time.

What if someone has never heard about Jesus and is waiting there for someone to tell them?

What if you go and you area strong person convicted on your beliefs You just may have a golden opportunity to share your faith where people may have never heard of it before.

I am that, and I wouldn't go because the person who asked me is the one I am to be evangelizing. that is something I can do without participating (yes, participating with my presence) in something pagan.

If one plays it safe and never ventures beyond churches safe boundaries. One is not going to be where they can really do good for god.. know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean, but reaching the lost doesn't happen in churches. It happens outside the churches.

You cant be scared if you are strong enough, they are just people like you and me.

It isn't a matter of strength of character or fear. It is a matter of standing strong in Christ and saying no to evil.

I wass seriously thinking about going to one for that reason myself. Because I have some things in common with people in it they warm to me even though i am a a christian. I have felt god God encourage me to drop in one day but not to a service it but I have so far resisted until this idea is tested..fleece....and I get time.

Warm to you? That is part of your seduction. You can love people, but not to the point of following them. Try being the example they want to follow! you have much more to offer them! why aren't they warming to what you have?

What if someone has never heard about Jesus and is waiting there for someone to tell them?

What if...? Do I sense some rationalization?

Try praying and asking God to send you someone to minister His love to? That should take care of that.

If it suits him and his agenda.

There's nothing good in him.

If there is nothing good in him, then he can't use it for any "agenda". If a person is "actually worshipping Satan by the acts they do in another religion", and the act is of a moral and ethical nature, AND of good value even incorporating many or most of "the fruits of the spirit", then where is Satan in this if all he is about is "evil"?

I am that, and I wouldn't go because the person who asked me is the one I am to be evangelizing. that is something I can do without participating (yes, participating with my presence) in something pagan.

Yes I know what you mean, but reaching the lost doesn't happen in churches. It happens outside the churches.

It isn't a matter of strength of character or fear. It is a matter of standing strong in Christ and saying no to evil.

Warm to you? That is part of your seduction. You can love people, but not to the point of following them. Try being the example they want to follow! you have much more to offer them! why aren't they warming to what you have?

What if...? Do I sense some rationalization?

Try praying and asking God to send you someone to minister His love to? That should take care of that.

Alabaster why they warm to me is like some of them t do I see auras around people even as a christian but you guys knew that anyway. It seems because I can relate to them in some ways they listen to me. I can compare what it is like to feel the holy spirit and sense energy. I cant help it it is how it is with me it never goes away. Me going there maybe god equipped me so I can relate.

Alabaster why they warm to me is like some of them t do I see auras around people even as a christian but you guys knew that anyway. It seems because I can relate to them in some ways they listen to me. I can compare what it is like to feel the holy spirit and sense energy. I cant help it it is how it is with me it never goes away. Me going there maybe god equipped me so I can relate.

Seeing auras could very well be an affectation that could be from the pit.

If you are walking with Jesus Christ and are filled with His Holy Spirit, then people could very well be drawn to you, as well as repelled by you. Be true to Jesus Christ and ask Him to bring you people you can minister to, but to walk in to where evil spirits reign is foolish, IMO. You will get beat up as the seven sons of Sceva in Acts 19.

People who say they were once Christians and are not now, were not really anything but indoctrinated into religion and were striving in it.

Striving causes major burn-out--even among born again believers who seek to serve God in their own strength.

Deavonreye--as an unbeliever, you can yet accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

People who say they were once Christians and are not now, were not really anything but indoctrinated into religion and were striving in it.

Striving causes major burn-out--even among born again believers who seek to serve God in their own strength.

Deavonreye--as an unbeliever, you can yet accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

I "accepted Jesus" in my past. Nothing else happened. However, there have been many people who were once VERY much "in love with god/Jesus", yet discovered another way that was more true for them.

I "accepted Jesus" in my past. Nothing else happened. However, there have been many people who were once VERY much "in love with god/Jesus", yet discovered another way that was more true for them.

Another way?

Back