Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] “Sharp Rise” in Transgender Young People

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It is probably hip to tell others that you are different, you are a "trans." How cool is that since you are now the center of everyone's attention.

And an added bonus, those who want to reduce the world population can do so by rendering more and more young people unable to conceive at all. Just start that hormone therapy before puberty is complete and voila, sterile adults result.

They probably were always there, but until recently, they were attacked and harmed if they said anything.

I'm thinking that they just aren't as afraid now that most people are willing to leave them alone.

And an added bonus, those who want to reduce the world population can do so by rendering more and more young people unable to conceive at all. Just start that hormone therapy before puberty is complete and voila, sterile adults result.
This is a real problem. Most young Americans now can't afford to buy a house, support more than one child, or save for the costs of college. Fix that, and you'll see more kids born.

They probably were always there, but until recently, they were attacked and harmed if they said anything.

I'm thinking that they just aren't as afraid now that most people are willing to leave them alone.
Gender dysphoria was always there but it resolves with time. No one decided to encourage it permanently. It likes urging a temporary confusion into a permanent condition.

Gender dysphoria was always there but it resolves with time. No one decided to encourage it permanently. It likes urging a temporary confusion into a permanent condition.
I'm looking at the medical and psychology literature. Apparently, it's not quite like that. But obviously, the fact that people going through this are not being abused as they have in the past, makes it more likely that they will not hide it.

I'm looking at the medical and psychology literature. Apparently, it's not quite like that. But obviously, the fact that people going through this are not being abused as they have in the past, makes it more likely that they will not hide it.
So what is it like? I hear my description is how it is. Gender dysphoria is not unheard of but it fades with time.

o what is it like? I hear my description is how it is. Gender dysphoria is not unheard of but it fades with time.

Desisting and persisting gender dysphoria after childhood: a qualitative follow-up study

Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry
2011 Oct;16(4):499-516.

Abstract

The aim of this qualitative study was to obtain a better understanding of the developmental trajectories of persistence and desistence of childhood gender dysphoria and the psychosexual outcome of gender dysphoric children. Twenty five adolescents (M age 15.88, range 14-18), diagnosed with a Gender Identity Disorder (DSM-IV or DSM-IV-TR) in childhood, participated in this study. Data were collected by means of biographical interviews. Adolescents with persisting gender dysphoria (persisters) and those in whom the gender dysphoria remitted (desisters) indicated that they considered the period between 10 and 13 years of age to be crucial. They reported that in this period they became increasingly aware of the persistence or desistence of their childhood gender dysphoria. Both persisters and desisters stated that the changes in their social environment, the anticipated and actual feminization or masculinization of their bodies, and the first experiences of falling in love and sexual attraction had influenced their gender related interests and behaviour, feelings of gender discomfort and gender identification. Although, both persisters and desisters reported a desire to be the other gender during childhood years, the underlying motives of their desire seemed to be different.

Desisting and persisting gender dysphoria after childhood: a qualitative follow-up study

Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry
2011 Oct;16(4):499-516.

Abstract

The aim of this qualitative study was to obtain a better understanding of the developmental trajectories of persistence and desistence of childhood gender dysphoria and the psychosexual outcome of gender dysphoric children. Twenty five adolescents (M age 15.88, range 14-18), diagnosed with a Gender Identity Disorder (DSM-IV or DSM-IV-TR) in childhood, participated in this study. Data were collected by means of biographical interviews. Adolescents with persisting gender dysphoria (persisters) and those in whom the gender dysphoria remitted (desisters) indicated that they considered the period between 10 and 13 years of age to be crucial. They reported that in this period they became increasingly aware of the persistence or desistence of their childhood gender dysphoria. Both persisters and desisters stated that the changes in their social environment, the anticipated and actual feminization or masculinization of their bodies, and the first experiences of falling in love and sexual attraction had influenced their gender related interests and behaviour, feelings of gender discomfort and gender identification. Although, both persisters and desisters reported a desire to be the other gender during childhood years, the underlying motives of their desire seemed to be different.
How is this different than what I said?

It points out that there are significant differences between the sort of gender dysphoria that persists and that which does not persist. So essentially two different things.
Well that’s a stretch. The conclusion was “the underlying motives of desire were different.” I could have told them that with no study. The dysphoria means they desire the same sex instead of the opposite…desires are different. Is that really saying anything worth reading?

The fact that there's two forms, with one of them persistent and one not, seems to be important.
They followed them too short but again, anyone could have told them that. Some teens decided to stay and done didn’t. You don’t need funding to know that.

It was a considerable breakthrough to find that there were two different mechanisms involved. That finding is of considerable value to therapists helping kids work through these issues.

It was a considerable breakthrough to find that there were two different mechanisms involved. That finding is of considerable value to therapists helping kids work through these issues.
No mechanisms mentioned. What mechanisms. It concluded that they have different desires which is the definition of trans pure.

"Although, both persisters and desisters reported a desire to be the other gender during childhood years, the underlying motives of their desire seemed to be different."

Yes, the different mechanisms did make a difference.

"Although, both persisters and desisters reported a desire to be the other gender during childhood years, the underlying motives of their desire seemed to be different."

Yes, the different mechanisms did make a difference.
It says “underlying motives” which are not, by any stretch of the imagination, mechanisms. Their desires are different. Duh!

Breaking news: The "sharp rise" in young people identifying as transgender follows the sharp rise in young people covering their bodies with hideous tattoos, disfiguring themselves with piercings, embracing the New Atheism and doing all the other silly things young people have always done under the intense pressure to conform with their peers and shock their elders. I believe there is about as much reality to the transgender nonsense as to the New Atheist nonsense (or the Jesus freak nonsense of my college years). The problem is, by treating the phenomenon as genuine, adults who should know better are encouraging these confused young people to do things they will regret the rest of their lives. Least anyone think I'm minimizing the phenomenon, I will say that I believe the scope and momentum of it, as well society's unfathomable encouragement and celebration of it, are demonically inspired.

Least anyone think I'm minimizing the phenomenon, I will say that I believe the scope and momentum of it, as well society's unfathomable encouragement and celebration of it, are demonically inspired.
Is there room for the possibility for it to be a human endeavor? One where certain powers that be are pushing over-the-top propaganda about it all with the intent and understanding that this process will indeed leave a bad taste in peoples' mouths about the entire ordeal?

I'm saying this with the basic understanding that "predictive programming"/"normalization" function the opposite of the surface intention of promotion. A sort of reverse psychology for mobs type thing.

Breaking news: The "sharp rise" in young people identifying as transgender follows the sharp rise in young people covering their bodies with hideous tattoos, disfiguring themselves with piercings, embracing the New Atheism and doing all the other silly things young people have always done under the intense pressure to conform with their peers and shock their elders. I believe there is about as much reality to the transgender nonsense as to the New Atheist nonsense (or the Jesus freak nonsense of my college years). The problem is, by treating the phenomenon as genuine, adults who should know better are encouraging these confused young people to do things they will regret the rest of their lives. Least anyone think I'm minimizing the phenomenon, I will say that I believe the scope and momentum of it, as well society's unfathomable encouragement and celebration of it, are demonically inspired.
I had never thought about it that way but you could be on to something. The tattooing looks fairly demonic many times. They’re pretty ugly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back