Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

119 Ministries

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God has scattered his people throughout all the nations, yet we can still love him with all our heart

Yes, I agree.

We don't need special days, or food laws, or special clothing to Love God and obey Him the way Abraham did.

The building of the New Temple today, in which the Lawless one will proclaim himself as God, is done by those who follow the religion of Judaism.

Ryan said -We cannot keep all the Law of Moses because there is no temple, no Sanhedrin, no country with Torah as its constitution, no king, nothing. All we have is what we can do with the remaining instructions from God and those that we can observe.
The context of your statement suggests that if there were a temple and Sanhedrin, then it would be lawful for you to obey what the Sanhedrin instructed.

Which is exactly my point about the Temple that they want to build today.

Any form of Judaism is susceptible to believe that this anti Messiah, this lawless one is the messiah they have been waiting for.

Their slogan states - IF WE BUILD IT, HE WILL COME.

Do you guys teach people that to build another Temple is wrong.

Do you warn people that the building of a new Temple is for the Lawless one, while you are teaching them to keep the law of Moses?

I have seen no warnings of this from any of those that hold to the teachings of Messianic Judaism.

What are your thoughts on this?

JLB

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=90220]JLB[/MENTION] Interesting that people pointed their fingers at the Pope, or the Iman, or Obama, or such as being the anti-messiah. Know you have your finger pointed squarely at Messianic Judaism as being the source of where this will come from. Your theory has just as much weight to it as Angelina Jolie being the next anti-messiah as well. So the lawless one will come from a movement that is lawful???

One comment you haven't touched though is that our Savior practiced and lived Judaism. Care to provide your thoughts on that?

@JLB Interesting that people pointed their fingers at the Pope, or the Iman, or Obama, or such as being the anti-messiah. Know you have your finger pointed squarely at Messianic Judaism as being the source of where this will come from. Your theory has just as much weight to it as Angelina Jolie being the next anti-messiah as well. So the lawless one will come from a movement that is lawful???

One comment you haven't touched though is that our Savior practiced and lived Judaism. Care to provide your thoughts on that?

Those who practice Judaism will be the ones who are responsible to build the New Temple and resume animal sacrifices.

Why you would deny this is interesting.

The religion of Judaism is what the Pharisee's has turned the covenant of Sinai into. A religion of works that one must do in order to be saved.

The religion of Judaism rejects Jesus as Messiah.

God does not give us religion. God gives us covenant relationship.

Jesus did not practice the religion of Judaism.

Jesus is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

Jesus did not go to the Temple to make any sacrifices.

Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies of the Law and Prophets that foreshadowed Him.

All Religions have their roots in Babylon, the Mother of Harlots.

A good example of Christianity that was turned into a religion would be Catholicism.

Ryan said -We cannot keep all the Law of Moses because there is no temple, no Sanhedrin, no country with Torah as its constitution, no king, nothing. All we have is what we can do with the remaining instructions from God and those that we can observe.
Do you personally feel that when there is a new Temple built and the Sanhedrin begins to offer animal sacrifices again, that you would teach people to go and be involved?

JLB

I recently ran across 119 Ministries. Are they speaking Truth? Or are they men of whom Paul wrote about in Galatians? :screwloose

Looking at their website, they say we need to keep the Law of Moses.
I read no further, they are wrong.

Along with Christ who said the same thing...

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

I gotta go with Christ on this one.

Amen!

Me as well.

Because I can't keep all the commandments I will go with Christ, The One who did.

Anyone who is able to keep the commandments with breaking one, is blessed.

If you break even one then you are guilty of them all.

I will go with Christ.

JLB

So, let me ask, have you ever broken one of them? Is the scripture negated? Or are you guilty and in need of grace for forgiveness each time you break the Law? Or does it matter if you break the Law?

Praise the Lord you agree with me.

KJV_Strongs(i)
5 H6118 Because H85 that Abraham H8085 obeyed [H8804] H6963 my voice H8104 , and kept [H8799] H4931 my charge H4687 , my commandments H2708 , my statutes H8451 , and my laws

Abraham could not possibly have been obeying Torah yet, cause law here in Genesis 26:5 is the same Torah used throughout the bible.

The Jews had no authority to kill Jesus. Hence bringing him to Pontius. It was the Romans who crucified him. But what was the greater sin? Condemning in their hearts the Messiah, or carrying out the physical act itself of nailing an innocent man to the cross?

You are taking Peter's words over Jesus's when Jesus said clearly that "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again." Jesus is speaking to you JLB not to blame the Jews because he laid down his life on his own volition. Yet, you want to continue to perpetuate this hatred towards the Jews for killing the Christ. Hatred is at the core of that thinking, plain and simple. We ALL had a part of the crucifixion. Mankind did, not a religion, group, ethnic race or whatever.

Maybe put into context what Peter was saying to the Council. At the very least, do not put Peter's words to be in contradiction to Jesus's. Same thing you do with Paul. You have no idea the context of what Paul is telling the readers of the Epistle's and you distort them because you don't understand the background of what and where Paul is teaching from. Paul was a Torah observant Jew till the day he died, and he taught only from the OT. He didn't create a new theology or way to live. He was providing commentary and interpretation of OT principles to Gentiles who had no knowledge of Torah. Yet when something doesn't add up that isn't in line with Words that came out of Jesus's mouth, or out of God's mouth, we use Paul as the final authority. Not God or Jesus. That is your error, thinking Paul taught contrary to the Law of Moses, which was Jesus made flesh, instead of trying to reconcile Paul's words so they are in line with the Word's from God and Jesus.

Could you answer any of these questions, or comment on any of these statements.

The Lawless one will be embraced by Jews who have conspired to build another Temple.

Judaism will embrace this Lawless one because they refuse to love the truth.

Will the Lawless one go to a Temple in Jerusalem?

Will the Lawless in fact be a Jew who is embraced by the Jews, and accepted as the Jewish Messiah.

Will the Lawless one confirm a covenant with many that will allow animal sacrifices?

Establishing their own righteousness in Lawlessness.

JLB

I cannot comment on these statements because the onus is on you to prove it from the Word.

You can not prove that we are to Love our enemies from the Law, but you still insist that we are to keep the Law of Moses.

JLB

Hmmm, from the Law...

Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Praise the Lord you agree with me. KJV_Strongs(i) 5 H6118 Because H85 that Abraham H8085 obeyed [H8804] H6963 my voice H8104 , and kept [H8799] H4931 my charge H4687 , my commandments H2708 , my statutes H8451 , and my laws Abraham could not possibly have been obeying Torah yet, cause law here in Genesis 26:5 is the same Torah used throughout the bible.

Abraham was commended for His faith. For obeying God's Voice.

Abraham walked in God's Law, long before Moses was born.

God's Laws are Eternal, The Law of Moses was temporary.

The Law that Abraham walked are for us to walk in today.

Can you list the Laws that Abraham walked in?

JLB

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Word here for Laws is...

H8451
תּרה תּורה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'
From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Praise the Lord you agree with me.

KJV_Strongs(i)
5 H6118 Because H85 that Abraham H8085 obeyed [H8804] H6963 my voice H8104 , and kept [H8799] H4931 my charge H4687 , my commandments H2708 , my statutes H8451 , and my laws

Abraham could not possibly have been obeying Torah yet, cause law here in Genesis 26:5 is the same Torah used throughout the bible.

I cannot comment on these statements because the onus is on you to prove it from the Word.

You can not prove that we are to Love our enemies from the Law, but you still insist that we are to keep the Law of Moses.

JLB

Hmmm, from the Law...

Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Love thy neighbor, does not mean love thy enemies.

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.' Matthew 5:43

44 But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, Matthew 5:44

Jesus says the Law says to hate your enemies.

But He says to Love your enemies.

JLB

Praise the Lord you agree with me. KJV_Strongs(i) 5 H6118 Because H85 that Abraham H8085 obeyed [H8804] H6963 my voice H8104 , and kept [H8799] H4931 my charge H4687 , my commandments H2708 , my statutes H8451 , and my laws Abraham could not possibly have been obeying Torah yet, cause law here in Genesis 26:5 is the same Torah used throughout the bible.

JLB

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Word here for Laws is...

H8451
תּרה תּורה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'
From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Amen. God's Laws are Eternal.

Please list the laws that Abraham walked in.

And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ... Galatians 3:17

JLB

[MENTION=90220]JLB[/MENTION]

John 1:49 Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.”

How does one earn the title of Rabbi. By being a Taoist? Maoist? Buddhist? Atheist? What is the only religion in the world where one is called Rabbi? Yet Jesus answered to Rabbi and never rebuked one person for their use of this salutation. Try as hard as you may, you cannot take the Jewishness out of the Jewish Messiah. I know a Pentecostal minister, and the next time I see him I will call him Rabbi and see how he responds. Think he will say that only Jews use that term?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Amen!

Me as well.

Because I can't keep all the commandments I will go with Christ, The One who did.

I will go with Christ.

JLB

So, let me ask, have you ever broken one of them? Is the scripture negated? Or are you guilty and in need of grace for forgiveness each time you break the Law? Or does it matter if you break the Law?

If you mean eating pork. No

If you mean wearing a shirt made of linen and cotton. No

If you mean traveling to Jerusalem three times a year to keep the feasts. No

If you mean not making a fire on Saturday. No

JLB

JLB

Word here for Laws is...

H8451
תּרה תּורה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'

Amen. God's Laws are Eternal.

Please list the laws that Abraham walked in.

And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ... Galatians 3:17

JLB

The Law was given to Israel 430 years after the promise, doesn't mean god thought them up at Mt. Sinai. Here ya go, here is one example...

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So, the Sabbath was the one thing that God created on the seventh day. Was it really in force? Let's see...

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The seventh day of what week? The week that He made the heaven and earth, the sea and all that in them is. That would be creation week. The Sabbath was in force that very week. He blessed it and hallowed (made holy) the Sabbath on creation week. This is why the fourth Commandments begins with the word "REMEMBER". Was it in force prior to Mt. Sinai?

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Present tense, already in existence prior to Mt. Sinai...

Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

God asked them how long they would refuse to keep His Commandments and His Laws prior to Mt. Sinai. Wanna guess what the word for Laws is here?

H8451
תּרה תּורה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'

OK, how about adultery?

Gen 20:2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.
Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
Gen 20:4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
Gen 20:5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
Gen 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

Now is there sin without Law?

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, God prevented Abimelech from sinning against Him by preventing him from committing adultery with Abraham's wife. God plainly calls it sin and there is no sin without law.

Gen 20:7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

Why would Abimelech die? Was God being arbitrary?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gen 20:9 Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.

So, Abimelech knew waht sin was. He knew that taking another man's wife was sin.

Gen 20:10 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing?
Gen 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.

Well, Abraham supposed the fear of God was not in this place but it turns out that it was.

Sorry, but your supposings are not equal to the plain facts of scripture.

What Laws did Abraham walk in?

H8451
תּרה תּורה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'

Amen!

Me as well.

I will go with Christ.

JLB

If you mean eating pork. No

If you mean wearing a shirt made of linen and cotton. No

If you mean traveling to Jerusalem three times a year to keep the feasts. No

If you mean not making a fire on Saturday. No

JLB

Never broken a Law have you?

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Law was given to Israel 430 years after the promise, doesn't mean god thought them up at Mt. Sinai. Here ya go, here is one example...

My point exactly.

The Law of God was from the beginning, The Law of Moses was added till the seed should come.

The Law of Moses with its ordinances and food laws and clothing laws, special feast days foreshadowing Christ, and Sabbaths have vanished away.

JLB

@Deborah13 the sacrifice of bulls and goats never, ever took away sin. If it did, Jesus died needlessly. If Jesus was the fulfillment of the sacrifices in the Levitical system, then all the more reason to study what he fulfilled. There was never a sacrifice for an intentional sin. The only remedy was repentance, or teshuvah which is sadly misunderstood in our thinking and we have removed ourselves from the origin of that word and what it meant.

No the blood of the animal was never what actually took away sin. I don't care if it was intentional or not. It is repentance and forgiveness, that takes away sin.
King David knew this and repented. Yes, he was tempted in the adultery but the murder was intentional to cover his sin.

How do you see that we have "removed ourselves from that original meaning? I think this is very close if not exactly what most believers believe.
http://www.ou.org/chagim/elul/foursteps.html

Shov must be before repentance. For it is the desire to be in Him and understanding the goodness of God brings one to repentance. That we can run to Him.

Can there be a temple on the temple mount without a High Priest?

OK, how about adultery?

Gen 20:2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.
Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
Gen 20:4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
Gen 20:5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
Gen 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

What makes you think that Abimelech knew he would be sinning against God before God told him?
Just telling him that she was married is enough for a person to know it is wrong. The secular world knows it is wrong, without ever seeing the commandments.
She belonged to another man. Simple.

Is there another Hebrew word for 'law' besides 'torah'? Only then could one distinguish what is God's law (torah) and just a secular law (torah)?
Just like in English the word for 'law' is law. We say God's Law and then there is secular law.
[MENTION=91415]Ryan[/MENTION]
The same with 'Rabbi', it's a Hebrew word, in the Hebrew language. In English, one would say 'teacher'. It I said 'teacher' to my pastor would he say, that's Jewish. I don't think so, he may be satisfied in that I was actually learning something from him.
In fact, if I said 'Teacher' to Jesus, would He be offended because I addressed Him in my own language?

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, , To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Present tense, already in existence prior to Mt. Sinai...

"This is that which the LORD hath said" Now Moses tells them what the Lord said about the Sabbath and how to do it. There is no indication here that they had ever done this is the past. Before Moses told them to, right here. Present tense.
If they had already been doing the Sabbath (knew about it) why wasn't it done in the 15 days prior to this?

And what had they been doing that lead up to this, complaining. It was a sign to them that the Lord would provide and on the Sabbath He provided without them working, by giving a double portion the day before. The law the schoolmaster given to teach them about their God.
In their disobedience He showed His love for them.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Remember, what God said before, in Chapter 16 before getting to Mt Sinai.

I just thought of this, so it's a thought only.....

The Saturday Sabbath is the last day of the week. The Sunday Sabbath is the first day of the week.
Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end.

Last time dont take the discussion personal moderator...

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Not necessarily directed at the last poster.

You mean like pretty much all American Christians supported treating Iraqis? The way Christians on this site talk about Democrats, Muslims and gays? That kind of love? The TOG

I've never done this.

This is a very poor attempt at a rebuttal.

[MENTION=88954]John 8:32[/MENTION], when was the first Passover? Egypt, under Moses right?

We do know that there were offerings made from that least time of Abel.

My point exactly.

The Law of God was from the beginning, The Law of Moses was added till the seed should come.

The Law of Moses with its ordinances and food laws and clothing laws, special feast days foreshadowing Christ, and Sabbaths have vanished away.

JLB

So, the "food laws" were added at Sinai?
Then the Lord said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate, and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate, and seven pairs of the birds of the heavens also, male and female, to keep their offspring alive on the face of all the earth. (Gen. 7:1-3 ESV)
I guess Noah must have had a real problem with that, since God wouldn't explain clean and unclean animals until over 1000 years later. I wonder how he knew which ones God was talking about. And as for the special feast days...
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.†And it was so. (Gen. 1:14-15 ESV)
The Hebrew word translated as "seasons" is "moedim". That's the word used to refer to God's "appointed times" Passover, the Days of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of First Fruits, the Feast of Weeks, the Day of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement and the Feast of Tabernacles. And guess what... They all coincide with specific phases of the moon.
The TOG

Back