Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] 90 day Scripture challenge :-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i'll do it with you - this is a powerful thing to do - i personalize all scripture to help me take hold of it

no weapon formed against me shall prosper - all that rise up against me fall and surrender are silenced and condemned Isaiah 54:17

i am blessed of the Lord and His favor surrounds me like a shield - Psalm 5:12

God makes even my enemies be at peace with me - Proverbs 16:7

when the enemy comes at me in one direction by God's power he ends up fleeing in terror away form me in 7 directions - Deuteronomy 28:7-9

i don't wrestle people but principalities and powers - Ephesians 6:12

i resist the devil and he flees in terror - James 4:7

i am righteous by God's gift of righteousness not of my own worthiness - Romans 5:17 - Ephesians 2:8-9

I like it how you insert "I" or "me" into your scriptures you post. That says you own it and understand it. :)
I do the same thing when I pray scriptures' to God over my life. Especially Psalm 91 all except for the last two verses, lol.

this is sounding more and more awesome with each reply. i have a text Bible, but I'm kind of wondering about a website where I could hone in on the building faith verses. any thoughts, anybody?

I have two sites for you. One is BibleGateway.com and it has prolly any translation that you want and most of them will even orate it to you so you can hear it and read it at the same time which will help your retention.

And the 2nd one should be open in another tab right beside your Biblegateway window. This is is BlueLettterBible.org and it is an online concordance you can type in any chapter and then go through each verse of the chapter and click tools on the word or phrase it says and then it brings up the word in it's original language and give all the definitions and so forth. I like this site a LOT. (Free too!)

5553.jpg

James 1:12

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Matthew 5:3-12
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

" Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations. 13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

So as I mentioned when this was posted, this one stood out to me. And today I was listening to my online sermon and the pastor used this very quote and talked a little while about it. I think God really wishes me to get this one deep into my spirit, it was no accident that I have seen it here. So thank you CE for bringing it to my attention:)

"And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

((https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3:1-21&version=ESV))
John 3:19-21

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back