Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A call to "arms"!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not saying that the world would turn out alright.
It would be LESS BAD, not necessarily fixed.
Hi KV-44-v1

Right. I quite understood what you were saying. However, if we take to heart how Paul described to the Roman believers the way that the world was going to just continue and continue and continue to embrace sin and irreverence for God, I look at the what's going on and say, "Yep, this is exactly how God has warned us the world is going to get". Paul even says that we will be inventing ways to do evil. It's not bad enough that we continue in the sins of our forefathers, but we invent new ways of being evil. That's what you're seeing, and I don't believe that any amount of proclaiming the gospel by believers is going to stop the inexorable fall into being just like the people of Sodom and Gomorrah... only worse!

Then when you read Jesus' claim that few there be that find the path to righteousness, I again look, just at the U.S. and it's 330 million people and figure that maybe 10% of the current living mass of humanity 'might' be the idea of 'few' that Jesus spoke of. So, as believers decrying the way of sin in the world, I think when you've likely got 90% of humanity that's not believing and honoring God... what should we expect life to be like, as a believer? Consider, if my percentage is even close to what Jesus meant by 'few' that we're living here in the U.S. with 90% of people who are out there lost in their sin and living in it proudly, just as Paul seems to allude. They not only do these things but approve also of others who do them.

So yes, let's surely proclaim the gospel of salvation through Jesus. But let's not kid ourselves that such efforts are ever going to change the nature of the mass of humanity at large. All our efforts will do, is provide the truth to those few who will listen and believe it. I also believe that God doesn't expect us nor encourage us to beat the lost over the head for their sin, but to merely tell them about Jesus. Unfortunately, a lot of christians, especially among the evangelical crowd, seems to have this idea that if we just keep condemning the lost for their sin and fighting and arguing with them, that we'll turn the world back to the way it was at some point in their mind that they believe was a better time. It isn't going to happen!!!

The vast majority of all the people that have ever lived are going to wind up separated from God. As sin proliferates, that's going to get worse and worse. I believe that the Scriptures teach that instead of condemning and haranguing and yelling and fighting with sinners about their sin, all God asks is that we just tell them about Jesus. If they listen to you, then you have won over a convert. If not, shake the dust off your feet and move on.

A perfect example is the old Westboro group. They stand in the streets with placards condemning all sorts of sins. All that does is make people hate God more because they're generally enjoying their sin or they wouldn't continue in it. Tell them about Jesus. If they believe the truth, baptize them. Then let the Holy Spirit do his job which is to condemn God's children of sin and righteousness. The Holy Spirit doesn't live in the lost and so he doesn't condemn them either. But tell them about Jesus and if they believe and are baptized... then the Holy Spirit will fix all that sin... in the new believer. And even that may take some time. But Paul writes that the lost have had their consciences seared. They don't even understand or acknowledge that what they're doing is sinful. So when these 'christians' go out and just try to condemn them of their sin, they see nothing wrong with what they're doing and then hate God because you've shown them His condemnation without His love.

JUST TELL THEM ABOUT JESUS!!!!!! Let them live in their sin. Because even if you do get someone to stop some sin they're caught up in, without bringing them to Jesus, they're still lost. Stopping someone from committing a sin doesn't save anyone, according to the Scriptures. Let the Holy Spirit do that. He's much better at it.

God bless,
Ted

Hi KV-44-v1

Oh, and for the record, I am in complete agreement that we need to get rid of the guns among the citizenry. God's children, especially, have no need of a firearm to protect themselves. That's Gods job.

God bless,
Ted

I'm pretty sure soulwinning is more important than views. And even if he does get views, mabye people will enter the comments and see the Gospel preached. And its not like theres gonna be many Christians. Mabye the max view boost is 50-75 views, a very small price to pay for soulwinning.
Here is a thought for you. Did Jesus ever run after the sinners that include the atheist, no. Jesus went about preaching the word of God and all who heard the spoken word followed after Him.

Here is a thought for you. Did Jesus ever run after the sinners that include the atheist, no. Jesus went about preaching the word of God and all who heard the spoken word followed after Him.
Hi for_his_glory

Well, not 'all'. But yes, Jesus didn't condemn the wayward woman. It's just that christians seem to get all caught up in trying to condemn others for sin, while they keep sinning. It may not be the same sin, but sin is sin in God's sight. I mean just the fact that they often speak with such anger and hate in their tone and demeanor can be a sin. Just tell them about Jesus and if they accept it, then it's the Holy Spirit's job to finish the good work begun in them. There is absolutely not a single shred of evidence in the Scriptures that new covenant believers are to go about beating lost sinners over the head concerning their sin. It isn't in the Scriptures! I actually imagine that if you were to ask God about what to do when confronting sinners, He'd say to tell them about His Son and all that He has done for them that they 'might' have eternal life through him. If they accept it fine. If they don't, walk away.

God bless,
Ted

Hi for_his_glory

Well, not 'all'. But yes, Jesus didn't condemn the wayward woman. It's just that christians seem to get all caught up in trying to condemn others for sin, while they keep sinning. It may not be the same sin, but sin is sin in God's sight. I mean just the fact that they often speak with such anger and hate in their tone and demeanor can be a sin. Just tell them about Jesus and if they accept it, then it's the Holy Spirit's job to finish the good work begun in them. There is absolutely not a single shred of evidence in the Scriptures that new covenant believers are to go about beating lost sinners over the head concerning their sin. It isn't in the Scriptures! I actually imagine that if you were to ask God about what to do when confronting sinners, He'd say to tell them about His Son and all that He has done for them that they 'might' have eternal life through him. If they accept it fine. If they don't, walk away.

God bless,
Ted
Many do not have ears even though they hear the spoken word, but close their ears to it. People who hound sinners are usually called "Bible Thumpers" that can not see the sin within themselves.

Hi KV-44-v1

Oh, and for the record, I am in complete agreement that we need to get rid of the guns among the citizenry. God's children, especially, have no need of a firearm to protect themselves. That's Gods job.

God bless,
Ted
But what if God will use the gun as His way of protecting?

Back