Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A funny broadside to evolutionism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Paul1965

If this is in the wrong section, can moderators please place it where it should be.

Ok at first when I saw this I was struck by the humour of it.(still am actually)
But then as I chortled away to myself, it dawned on me that this is probably one of the best visual arguments against evolution. I'd like to know what others think, not just if it's funny but examples of rebuttals if was was to use this teaching younger people that our GOD created us. The arguments for creation, I already have so many but still like to hear any new ones. I'm more interested in what evolutionists have to say in a civil discussion. I'm looking forward to all your replies. Thanks and Blessings in Christ's name.

View attachment 3818

It's a great argument against evolutionism as your title rightly says but not against evolution.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

It's a great argument against evolutionism as your title rightly says but not against evolution.
Actually, its a great argument against evolution. If evolution is true, the snowman is right. Believing in evolution leads to the conclusion I could dump all the materials for a house on a building site and wait for a tornado to come along and build it for me.

"Hey, it might take a few million tries, but it could happen!" (says the believer in evolution)

Actually, its a great argument against evolution. If evolution is true, the snowman is right. Believing in evolution leads to the conclusion I could dump all the materials for a house on a building site and wait for a tornado to come along and build it for me.

"Hey, it might take a few million tries, but it could happen!" (says the believer in evolution)

That though is evolutionism - unguided evolution. Many scientists don't claim evolution is unguided

That though is evolutionism - unguided evolution. Many scientists don't claim evolution is unguided
Some, I know, believe in Intelligent Design. That, however, allows for a broad spectrum of theories to come under the umbrella of God's guidance, and I'm positive He has told us exactly how He did it in Genesis 1-3.

Exactly TND, any time I hear a supporter of evolution start describing "guided" evolution I cannot help but laugh and point out that what they are actually describing is Intelligent Design, as Evolution by definition is supposed to be completely random, which means it cannot be "guided."

Some, I know, believe in Intelligent Design. That, however, allows for a broad spectrum of theories to come under the umbrella of God's guidance, and I'm positive He has told us exactly how He did it in Genesis 1-3.

I'm positive the point of Genesis 1-3 has nothing to do with how but that's another subject :)

I have a degree in Biology, and as part of the course work for that degree, studied evolution. That was almost 40 years ago, and my beliefs have evolved (pun intended) since accepting Christ in 1983. Now, I believe that there is a scientific basis for evolution as a process...we can actually see it in successive generations of short-lived plants and animals. However, that is a process, not the impetus of life. For example, the building of a car on an assembly line is a process...but the car didn't spontaneously design itself, the engineer(s) did.

I have no doubt whatsoever that God designed and created the universe and everything in it, and He is the guiding force behind the continued development of our world and all life in it. There are some who do say that life spontaneously arose, and was an "accident" from which forms of life have since evolved. I just don't see that as possible...there are far too many unique and specific factors that have to occur for life to exist, and that it could all happen at random simply is not believable. Those who do believe so strain at a gnat but swallow an elephant whole.

Back