Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A generation

Do you feel that the Rapture will happen in our life time?

• Yes I feel the rapture will happen in my lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Don't know if the rapture will happen or not

• I don't know what the rapture is

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Atonement

Matthew 1:17 tells us that all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and [all the generations] from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and [all the generations] from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. When we add fourteen plus fourteen plus fourteen, the total is forty-two generations from Abraham to Christ.
The great chronologist, Thiele, says that from Abraham to Christ, we have a total of 2,160 years. Divide forty-two generations into that, and the length of a generation becomes 51.4 years.
Mathew 24:32-25 tells us that the generation that sees the blooming of the fig tree will also witness the Return of our Lord. Israel captured Jerusalem in 1967 we believe this started the generation. You add 51.4 to 1967 and it comes out to 2,018. This is why, though we are not setting a specific date, we believe that the Lord's return could happen between now and 2,018.

God Bless
Atonement

ATONEMENT said:
Divide forty-two generations into that, and the length of a generation becomes 51.4 years. Mathew 24:32-25 tells us that the generation that sees the blooming of the fig tree will also witness the Return of our Lord. Israel

People can live to be up to 120 years. The average person who see's the fig tree bloom could still be alive up to 77 years later, to see the return of the Lord. 51.4 if anything would be the average age of when they gave birth to the next generation. The Bible does record how long a lot of people lived. It could be interesting to add it all up and divine it all out, to see what the average life span was in the Bible.

After ww2, they eliminated so many child hood diseases, so that so few children die now, and that has increased the average life span quite a bit. 100 years ago, the average life span was more like 47 years. But the Bible is clear that we are talking about "that generation" and how long they can expect to live at that time.

A Generation is usually considered the length of time from birth to the birth of the next generation, ie from birth to the end of child bearing years, about 35-40 years. Most biblical scholars fix a generation as being 38 years based on Deut 2:14. 51.4 years is not only too long for a generation it is rather too precise (.4) for a concept that is not precise.

People have been using spurious math an unsubstantiated interpretations for hundreds, dare I say thousands, of years to say that the second coming would happen in their lifetime. So far none have been correct, I have no reason to fear that you would be more correct.

Havoc

That's fine. I never said I was correct. I said it could happened between now and 2018. I believe that, and you don't. That's fine

Common guys this is a good question and it is on topic. Why didnt anyone else answer this? :o

Dang... I hope Atonement didnt let Havoc run him off :x That is precisely why I took such a strong stance against Havoc. I was concerned that he would eventually kill this web site by destroying the faith of the believers that came here.

Havoc said:
A Generation is usually considered the length of time from birth to the birth of the next generation, ie from birth to the end of child bearing years, about 35-40 years. Most biblical scholars fix a generation as being 38 years based on Deut 2:14. 51.4 years is not only too long for a generation it is rather too precise (.4) for a concept that is not precise.

Havoc

Havoc and I can agree on this point. Imagine that. :tongue It seems most likely that the Deut 2:14 account is the standard to go by, but we will not know for certain untill the rapture. Even so Atonement may be onto something :biggrin

Havoc said:
People have been using spurious math an unsubstantiated interpretations for hundreds, dare I say thousands, of years to say that the second coming would happen in their lifetime. So far none have been correct, I have no reason to fear that you would be more correct.

Havoc

There are a few things that make our time different from past predictions. Here are two.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

many shall run to and fro,

Seems simple enough. Untill the last century the average citizen of the world was born, educated and died in the same city. Today it is rare for a citizen of an indisturalized Country to remain in the city of his/her birth.

knowledge shall be increased

Once again, since this was written, the printing press was invented, then the computer, and finally the Internet. The latter is the ultimate source for information sharing.

Here are a few more.

Mar 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

In the last 60 years we have gone from the first atom bomb to the invention of the briefcase nuke. Add bio weapons to the mix and it is easy to see how the extinction of all life could happen at our own hands.

Here's a big one and to my knowledge the only one that has not been fulfilled, but will be in the next year or two.

Mat 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

A thousand years ago Columbus hadn’t sailed the Atlantic Ocean and discovered two whole continents, a hundred years ago the Congo and the Amazon River valley were unexplored territories. Today the Congo and the Amazon are almost completely explored and the tribes of those areas have had their languages catalogued.

And dont forget the reason I decided to abandon the Amellinialist view to begin with.

Luk 21:24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

In 1967 the impossible happened. A tiny minority in a world of races and cultures did the impossible. Forget for a moment that no other cultural group in history has been able to remain culturally distinct when carried off into a foreign land. Forget that no other racial group in history has survived more than three generations as a distinct culture when exported from it's home of origin to a foreign land. The miracle of the Jews is that they RETURNED to their homeland against the most formidable odds imaginable! They retook Jerusalem! The prophetic time clock began ticking on that day!

Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Goodby Gentiles.

I couldn't vote.

How can any of us know if the "Catching up" will happen in their lifetime? None of us know if we will be around long enough.

Many of us could die in the next few hours!

I feel that the Second Coming of Christ could very well happen within my life time. Although there is always the chance that my life could end at any time.

true,but....................

mcrees said:
I feel that the Second Coming of Christ could very well happen within my life time. Although there is always the chance that my life could end at any time.
True but try to think positive if possible!
Don't worry,be happy!!! :angel:

The time is so short that I would ask If you are rapture ready;

Saperated from the world as much as you possably can .

God is comming after a group that readied it self.
Not one he will have to clean up.

2Tim2:4 No man that warreth entangieth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

If you have contracts or obligation that you are legally committed to I would recommend clearing them up.
God will not cross your free will.

There is one ABSOLUTE TRUTH and all else is a lie!!!!

Darrell dunn said:
The time is so short that I would ask If you are rapture ready;

Saperated from the world as much as you possably can .

God is comming after a group that readied it self.
Not one he will have to clean up.

2Tim2:4 No man that warreth entangieth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

If you have contracts or obligation that you are legally committed to I would recommend clearing them up.
God will not cross your free will.

There is one ABSOLUTE TRUTH and all else is a lie!!!!

:B-fly: I have been preparing for a long time now. I feel that I am ready
for the rapture when Jesus comes for me. This world has nothing for me.
I desire to live for God. Jesus is who I want to be with.
It took me some time to get comfortable with leaving this earth though.
I was worried in the beginning when I didn't know if I was ready or not,but
now I feel that I am ready when Jesus comes for me. It takes time to get
ready in the beginning when we first learn,but as you learn and grow,you
prepare yourself,and you get ready. Jesus helps us.
You have to begin to realize that the world is a very wicked place now,and
it is better to be with The Lord. Love Jesus Christ with all of your heart to
the best of your ability. You will as you pray,learn and grow.

evanman said:
I couldn't vote.

How can any of us know if the "Catching up" will happen in their lifetime? None of us know if we will be around long enough.

Many of us could die in the next few hours!

:Fade-color true,yet we have the technology that the anti-christ could
use to mark everyone on earth,and we are seeing prophecy come true
much faster,and Sodom & Gomorrah,and Babylon is back again,and also
the return of The days of Noah.

ATONEMENT said:
Matthew 1:17 tells us that all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and [all the generations] from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and [all the generations] from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. When we add fourteen plus fourteen plus fourteen, the total is forty-two generations from Abraham to Christ.
The great chronologist, Thiele, says that from Abraham to Christ, we have a total of 2,160 years. Divide forty-two generations into that, and the length of a generation becomes 51.4 years.
Mathew 24:32-25 tells us that the generation that sees the blooming of the fig tree will also witness the Return of our Lord. Israel captured Jerusalem in 1967 we believe this started the generation. You add 51.4 to 1967 and it comes out to 2,018. This is why, though we are not setting a specific date, we believe that the Lord's return could happen between now and 2,018.

God Bless
Atonement

Not only that but a Fig Tree's life is 70 years. 1948 + 70 = 2018...

I've been doing a lot of research on 2018 and many different things are confirming 2018... From Mathematical equations, to studies on the rise of humanism into Christianity. One study alone (not focused on end times), said that by 2014-2018 that Humanism will be 100% rife throughout Christianity. True belief will no longer be taught....

Further study too I've done on the earth unlocked some things for me too.... Consider this:

1. 6 days of man & 1 sabbath rest (Holy to God)

2. 1 day = 1000 years and 1000 years = 1 day to God.

3. Creation Science and Bible Geneaologies hold the earths age to be about 6000 years

4. there will be a millenial (i.e. 1000 year reign of Christ)

5. 6000+1000=7000 = 7 Days of Creation!!!

Doing the math, 2108-6000=3982 BC which lines up with Bible Chronology to within a few years... (as we don't know the exact age Adam was created to be)

Ex 20:8-10 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates.

BTW I'm not saying we know the day or hour... :tongue But the year, could be possible for us to determine... ;-)

BTW on the generation being around 50 years, I did research this months back and did find collaborating evidence about when a fig tree blossoms (i.e. actually produces flowers)... It happens around the age of 19-20 years old... I wish I could find the biology stuff to substantiate this again....

WOW.. I found this thread that I started back in Sept. 2002 and here it's over four years later and I was just studying up again on this the other night. I still have my conviction cause I see that 2018 is a number that touches many Scholars. The year 2012 also. The Myian calendar, the Aztec calendar, the Suez Calendar and the Zetorx (Check Spelling) calendar all end in 2012. With Isarel becoming a nation in May 1948 and Jerusalem becoming it's capital in 1967. We can see that the time of the end is drawing more near each day..

I believe that we will be gone before 2035
I have nothing to base my date from other than this is what I have heard many bible scolars on the radio say.

I never heard of anything about 2035.. I wish you had more input on that year and what others have to say about it. The reason I say because Jesus stated that those who witness the fig tree bloom (Israel becoming a nation again) that this generation should not pass. 2035 is close to 100yrs later and there is no record of a generation being that long? Can you find something to elaborate on with that year??

Actually
I don't know if you have ever heard of him, But I listen to Chuck Smith every morning on the radio as I take my kids to school. Right now he is going through Gen. He said last week that a Generation was right about 100 years according to the geniologies that are written in Gen. That a generation can be 40 years, 70 years or 100 years with some scholars believing it could be as much as 120 years after the flood..

mcrees said:

Not sure if you have your terms right?

The catching away of the bride and his second coming are different events.

Caught away:
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
(16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
(17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The Second Coming:
Revelation 19:11-16
(11) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
(12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
(13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
(14) And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
(15) And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
(16) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I dont know when He is coming in the clouds to catch us away, and we are not to know so that we live righteously and holy expecting Him at any time.

Back