Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A generation

Do you feel that the Rapture will happen in our life time?

• Yes I feel the rapture will happen in my lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Don't know if the rapture will happen or not

• I don't know what the rapture is

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Gabby :lilangel:, I believe those Scriptures you quoted where a parable to the coming Kingdom. Some would accept the salvation while others would not. Those that would'nt (Jews) Jesus then sent out for people along the roadways (Gentiles). The "party crasher" as you said would be the self-righteous man who thinks he has earned his way to heaven by his own merits. But he was not given a wedding garment, therefore he was cast into everlasting punishment.

BTW I started a thread as you kindly asked.. :smt115

If you want to know what generation christ spoke about in Matt. 24. Take a look at Psalms 22:30-31, but use your King James the other translations word it differently, and are not clear.

I thought I would pitch this out and see if anyone wants to take a swing at it.
There are some places in Scripture that refer to the Body of Christ...

1Cr 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

And there are some that refer to the Bride of Christ.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Who is who? I think I need someone to draw me a picture here.
It appears that the body of Christ = Christians; and the bride = The New Jerusalem

Hi Gabby,

What I found helpful was to revisit Genesis 2:21-24.

21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

This demonstrates how we can be both the 'body' and the 'bride' of Christ. The 'ekklesia' was born out of the 'pierced side' of the crucified Christ.

Now read Ephesians 5:30-32....

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

I think this clears up much of the confusion. At least it did for me.

blessings in Christ,

nol

I couldn't answer the poll. There wasn't an option for :"There isn't even going to be a Rapture."

I voted. I don't believe in the imminent return of Christ though obviously I believe in the future bodily return of Christ.

Back