Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A generation

Do you feel that the Rapture will happen in our life time?

• Yes I feel the rapture will happen in my lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Don't know if the rapture will happen or not

• I don't know what the rapture is

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Oscar, I love to listen to Chuck Smith. But I never hear anyone or Chuck (must have missed that one) say that a gen. is a 100yrs. I'm not saying your wrong of course, cause truly I don't know, but from my studies on the OT and Matthew 1. I see it close to being between 50-70 years.

Preacher Boy,
Yes you have said it perfect, there is two events on God's Calendar the rapture, and His 2nd coming to set-up His Kingdom here on earth. Many people miss out on this and believe they are one and the same. I could quote Scripture here, but I think you just about covered it my friend. God Bless..

If I may interject (i'm going to anyway :lol: ) The Second Coming IS when He returns for His Bride, as it is (remnant) Israel that is the Bride. The ekklesia is His Body, not Bride. 8-)

Outside of Revelation, the word bride is used only once: John 3:29

However, it is mentioned nine times in the OT:

Isaiah 49:18, Isaiah 61:10, Isaiah 62:5, Jeremiah 2:32, Jeremiah 7:34, Jeremiah 16:9, Jeremiah 25:10, Jeremiah 33:11, Joel 2:16

Vic,

Once again as in times past, I'll just have to sit this one out and agree to disagree. I believe whenever the Bible speaks about His 2nd coming its to setup His Kingdom, this is what the prophects of old were hoping for when Jesus came the 1st time. To bring peace, and unity to all man-kind. How could (I) call the 2nd coming of Christ a second coming if no one but the believers see Him come? The world never knew that He came, but what they know is that about 2 Billion people vanshied from the earth, and the antichrist will have an answer to explain what happened.. Sorry I can not call that a 2nd coming.. But when every eye sees Him come in the Clouds of Heaven, then one will know He came once and now He rides again as King of Kings and Lord of Lords..

Amen

Atonement said:
Vic,

Once again as in times past, I'll just have to sit this one out and agree to disagree. I believe whenever the Bible speaks about His 2nd coming its to setup His Kingdom, this is what the prophects of old were hoping for when Jesus came the 1st time. To bring peace, and unity to all man-kind. How could (I) call the 2nd coming of Christ a second coming if no one but the believers see Him come? The world never knew that He came, but what they know is that about 2 Billion people vanshied from the earth, and the antichrist will have an answer to explain what happened.. Sorry I can not call that a 2nd coming.. But when every eye sees Him come in the Clouds of Heaven, then one will know He came once and now He rides again as King of Kings and Lord of Lords..

Amen

Atone
I agree with this statement 100%
Most people that I know that agree with Vics point of view also feel the church will go through the tribulation when the bile says otherwise.

Back to the 100 years being a Gen. After reading my post I ;eft out a small but important detail. When Chuck Smith was talking about a gen being 100 years was because at the time it was writen a year was 360 days not 365 and when you factor in the missing leap years, it adds up. I will see if I can find the teaching tape and get you a link

Atonement:

Interesting thread. I cast my vote as "I don't know" because many generations have predicted the Lord's return and the date came and went without anything happening. For that reason, I tend to not be too dogmatic, but rather be ready. On thing's for sure. One of these days someone will predict and be right! But the Lord is coming for us one time, but there are many predictions at different times and hence someone will be wrong.

That being said, I know that Sir Isaac Newton was into this stuff and the date he cited was not too far off from yours. And frankly, I tend to agree. I have a different date in mind that I secretly believe is a strong possibility, but I won't disclose that with anyone. The Lord's secret is safe with me, if indeed it is the right date. Let's put it this way. As a clue, I'm 47 years old now. It will be sometime when I am old and I'm not sure if I will be alive then or not.

tim_from_pa said:
Atonement:

Interesting thread. I cast my vote as "I don't know" because many generations have predicted the Lord's return and the date came and went without anything happening. For that reason, I tend to not be too dogmatic, but rather be ready. On thing's for sure. One of these days someone will predict and be right! But the Lord is coming for us one time, but there are many predictions at different times and hence someone will be wrong.

That being said, I know that Sir Isaac Newton was into this stuff and the date he cited was not too far off from yours. And frankly, I tend to agree. I have a different date in mind that I secretly believe is a strong possibility, but I won't disclose that with anyone. The Lord's secret is safe with me, if indeed it is the right date. Let's put it this way. As a clue, I'm 47 years old now. It will be sometime when I am old and I'm not sure if I will be alive then or not.

Tim thanks for posting here. It's true no one knows the day or hour, but enough prophecy as been fulfilled let's say in the past 100 years. But the most certain prophecy was Israel becoming a nation again. The 1st time for 2000yrs..

I hope the rapture happens in my lifetime. Wether or not it will be so is to be determined haha.

As far as wether the church has to endure the tribulation or not, i don't have any solid belief in one possibility being more acceptable.
But,

what i HOPE for is that i get to witness the tribulation and remain here. Honestly what better time to save people than that? :wink: haha plus i really want to see the incredible displays of God's power. (yes they may kill me, but i'm going to heaven anyways)

As a believer, you reather see God's wrath and power, rather then attend the marriage with the Bride? I would never want to be down here to see God's wrath, this is one of the reasons why he has given a choice to escape the wrath to come. After the last seal in Heaven is broken. There is silence in Heaven for 1/2 hour... Can you imagine silence in Heaven for 1/2 hour. If it's enough to silence people in Heaven, I surley don't wanna be here on earth to expierence it.

Hey Vic,

I never really understood why "bride" is mentioned 9 times in the OT,
but found the source why I tried to rationalize this or should I say ignore:

The Abomination of Dispensationalism By Jim Searcy
at: http://www.dccsa.com/greatjoy/Dispensa.htm

He's not only a very good detective, he actually understands the prophets.
I believed the latter for a while but thought he is inconsistent on the rapture.

My bad, we've been had. It's time to stop listening to modern prophets,
and start reading the Bible.

Atonement said:
As a believer, you reather see God's wrath and power, rather then attend the marriage with the Bride? I would never want to be down here to see God's wrath, this is one of the reasons why he has given a choice to escape the wrath to come. After the last seal in Heaven is broken. There is silence in Heaven for 1/2 hour... Can you imagine silence in Heaven for 1/2 hour. If it's enough to silence people in Heaven, I surley don't wanna be here on earth to expierence it.

At ease brother!:-D
I wasn't saying that i'd rather stick around and see God's wrath than go to heaven, because heaven is certainly where i'm going to end up. But it would make sense if the church remained here for awhile, because then there are people to lead others to God. What i was saying is that wether the church is on earth or not at that time i want to see this thing go down. And yeah, 1/2 hour of silence in heaven means it's gonna be some incredible stuff for sure!
:o

I guess i really haven't studied revelations enough.

I would ask that you study Revelation. And when you are studding the Book, notice that Chapters 1-3 is about the Church, and in chapter 4 it's a sence in Heaven and from that point until chapter 19 you do not have any record of the Church. Some say that those in chapter 8 coming from the Great Tribulation is the Church, but if you notice they arrive in White robes. The Church arrives in fine White linen, that of a bride. Also those in the Great Tribulation arrive with palms in their hands. And cry out when shall the Lord avenge their blood. This would mean they were slain during the Tribulation for their belief in Christ. The Church would not go through this event.. It's a great Book, but has many symbols and many twisting events and are by far.... Mind bogling

It looks like Revelations is my next book of study, right after i finish Luke and John that is :-D

Atonement said:
Matthew 1:17 tells us that all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and [all the generations] from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and [all the generations] from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. When we add fourteen plus fourteen plus fourteen, the total is forty-two generations from Abraham to Christ.
The great chronologist, Thiele, says that from Abraham to Christ, we have a total of 2,160 years. Divide forty-two generations into that, and the length of a generation becomes 51.4 years.
Mathew 24:32-25 tells us that the generation that sees the blooming of the fig tree will also witness the Return of our Lord. Israel captured Jerusalem in 1967 we believe this started the generation. You add 51.4 to 1967 and it comes out to 2,018. This is why, though we are not setting a specific date, we believe that the Lord's return could happen between now and 2,018.

God Bless
Atonement

I just have time to say that the fig tree is a national symbol of Israel - not just of Jerusalem - just as the cedars symbolise the nation of Lebanon

Israel was reborn in 1948 & Daniel 7 prophecy of revived Roman Empire for this climax generationwas signed to in 1948

A Bible generation is at most 70 yrs & Jesus said this one will be 'CUT SHORT - otherwise no flesh would survive' - so don't miss the Rapture!
Click my profile & 'find all posts by...' & see the last 3 posts

Must go!

Ian

Last night after work I was flipping through the TV channels, something I never do, cause I don't watch much TV. But on TBN last night, Perry Stone was on TV a show called "Manna Fest" anyway he was talking about generations in the Bible. He was also using the number '7' alot. Perry was also stating that a generation is about 70yrs. Either way we look at this, we are in the last generation I feel. And it's coming to an end shortly..

I know several people who have had personal prophesies in their life, where the Lord has told them that they would be raptured. One of them was given the prophesy in the 1960's. The prophesy was confirmed to him again in the mid 1990's. This man is now in his mid 80's.

Atonement said:
I would ask that you study Revelation. ...... It's a great Book, but has many symbols and many twisting events and are by far.... Mind bogling

I have often tried to imagine what the Apostle John saw, and where and when.
Imagine living in Biblical times. You have never even seen gun powder explode. Suddenly you are watching WWII. You have never seen artificial light that was brighter than a campfire, and suddenly you see the electrical display of todays world. You are writing with a quill pen on parchment, and you are suddenly looking over the shoulder of someone who is writing on a computer. You have seen chariots, and you have seen ships who sail the wind. Suddenly you see roads jammed with cars, trucks and buses, and see rocket ships and satellites.
Now picture John with the vocabulary that he had available to him 2000 years ago, and as he is watching events on earth today, as well as the things taking place in heaven...the Lord speaks to him.
Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book...

Gabby

You are right on the mark here John saw the 21st century and wrote it down in 1st century words.

And if you read it as 1st century words talking about 21st century things, it makes a lot more sence.

Gabby,
I like the way you put that. There are few words John could have used to describe the events in the near future. But let's not marvel at the past, present or future; because the 1st three chapters are referring to the Churches through out the time of the Grace period. Chapter 4, 8, 19, 21 and 22 are scenes from Heaven. Using animals and beast to describe powers of the world. Using a dragon with seven heads that represent the Revived Roman Empire. Beats having the tails of scorpions and serpents and having the face of a man, etc., etc. It's mind boggling stuff and it is by far the hardest book to understand in the entire Bible. But I love how you put emphasis on the wording that was used by John in his time, because we know that words can not describe the horrific events that face this world, even with our language today.

To make it even more interesting:

What John saw, John not only wrote with his limited vocabulary, but in his language.
A few hundred years ago it was translated into English, with the way the English language was spoken at that time.

We are not gonna get it with study alone. We need the power of the Holy Spirit. We are reading something that was written two thousand years ago, translated hundreds of years ago into our language. How much has English changed just in our lifetime?

Vic C. said:
If I may interject (i'm going to anyway :lol: ) The Second Coming IS when He returns for His Bride, as it is (remnant) Israel that is the Bride. The ekklesia is His Body, not Bride. 8-)

Outside of Revelation, the word bride is used only once: John 3:29

However, it is mentioned nine times in the OT:

Isaiah 49:18, Isaiah 61:10, Isaiah 62:5, Jeremiah 2:32, Jeremiah 7:34, Jeremiah 16:9, Jeremiah 25:10, Jeremiah 33:11, Joel 2:16

Who are the guests?

In terms of the marriage supper of the lamb, there has been much discussion as to who is the bride of Christ, and who is the body of Christ. Any thoughts as to who the guests are? Some are invited and turned down the invite, others were gathered from the highways.

Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come....Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

And who is the party crasher?

Mat 22:12-13 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast [him] into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Hey Atone,
Double dog dare! Start a thread on what and where the outer darkness is, and who it is for.

Back