Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A pain in the neck

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Someone called me that on the net. A few years ago. Guess I deserved it. I've been called worse.
And coincidentally, I suffer neck pain.
I can be an obsessive OCD in conflictual conversations. Not that I'm that bright. Just I get stuck on one point.

But I want to talk about pain. Because we all suffer it in different ways. And I ease my pain by talking about it.
I admire people who can suffer silently. They might be getting bullied at work, going through a bad patch in a relationship, dealing with an addiction or in bad physical pain.
If am going through any of those , I Iike to share. It makes me a pain in the neck. Passing on my pain to others. Giving them a pain in the neck perhaps.
I had a problem with our dog last night. Now by telling you this, I am now vulnerable to judgement of my poor canine training skills.
He sleeps in the lounge room. When I go to bed , he looks at me mournfully. "Don't go yet".
But over time this has actually developed into intimidation. He gives us the evil eye. Well finally last night he started growling at me. Showing his teeth.almost biting me. I had a lucky escape. Next morning all is forgotten. He is back to normal.
But I've got to solve this one. Otherwise I become a prisoner in my own home. Stuck in the loungeroom with the dog. Not allowed to go to bed. ?

I admire people who can suffer silently. They might be getting bullied at work, going through a bad patch in a relationship, dealing with an addiction or in bad physical pain.
If am going through any of those , I Iike to share. It makes me a pain in the neck. Passing on my pain to others. Giving them a pain in the neck perhaps.
I had a problem with our dog last night. Now by telling you this, I am now vulnerable to judgement of my poor canine training skills.
He sleeps in the lounge room. When I go to bed , he looks at me mournfully. "Don't go yet".
But over time this has actually developed into intimidation. He gives us the evil eye. Well finally last night he started growling at me. Showing his teeth.almost biting me. I had a lucky escape. Next morning all is forgotten. He is back to normal.
But I've got to solve this one. Otherwise I become a prisoner in my own home. Stuck in the loungeroom with the dog. Not allowed to go to bed. ?

Next time he growls and bears his teeth at you, take him outside and shoot him.

Quantrill

We are trying a different strategy tonight. Go to bed as soon as we finish giving him his dental floss snack. No hanging around.

Maybe the dog is mad because you make him sleep in the Lounge room? He prolly wants his own room and a bed. Careful you don't get booted from the Master bedroom, lol.

Maybe the dog is mad because you make him sleep in the Lounge room? He prolly wants his own room and a bed. Careful you don't get booted from the Master bedroom, lol.
Edward you and your mouse have competition biw. This could be the start of another sitcom.

I knew the boys would have fun with this story. My dog training skills are more based on motivational treats than "leader of the pack"authority.
It works 95% of the time. Just on occasion... rarely, he shows the wild side. If he acted like that all the time we wouldn't keep him. He's a friendly munchkin most of the time.

Pets have bad days to especially when their routine is disrupted. Since we bought this house and have been trying to unpack the cat is no longer allowed in our bedroom. She doesn't like it as four five months living with a friend of ours she was confined to the bedroom and slept with us because our friend is allergic to cats. We haven't been paying her a whole lot of attention right now coming and going so much, but she has four other rooms that includes her own bedroom. She is finally getting use to her new house and getting back to her normal self again.

Back to the pain issue, oh boy do I know pain. Wrecked my four-wheeler a couple years ago and shifted my L-4 and L-5 in my back and now I have Neuropathy really bad in my feet and pain in my back. To help with the pain in my feet I use St John's Wort that works pretty well. I was suppose to have surgery on my back, but just have been putting it off for so long, but I think the time is coming soon. I might have pain, but God is greater than my pain and I count the blessings of things I can still do.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back