Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Question For Non-Believers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And I agree with you.
The Jews, in Hebrews 6 WERE practicing "christianity".

I don't know if I mentioned in my previous post that someone can always come back to our faith and God will be waiting with open arms...however it does seem to me that once someone leaves, it's not likely that there will be a return - but each case is different.

By leave I don't mean a temporary "falling out" with God. Someone might get really mad for some reason - a death, a sickness, - but in their heart God remains and is not abandoned totally and that person does become penitent and does return to a full relationship.

How do you know that James still followed the law?
You mentioned Acts 15:5,,,,James was a member of the Pharisees??
Also, I don't understand how Acts 15:13 shows that James was following the law.

I'm not sure Paul wrote Hebrews.
Most scholars attribute just 6 or 7 of the epistles to him.
Frankly, it matters not to me because, in any case, it was written by someone that knew Paul and the Early Fathers that put together the bible saw fit to include it in the N.T.

The Christian Jews Paul was addressing in (Hebrews) were not trying to deny Christ. They were wanting Christ and the Law, thus removing the pressure from other Jews against them. In other words, why can't I be Christian and still observe the Mosaic Law which was centered on the Temple and sacrifices.

I think I understand what you mean by leaving the Christian faith. My view is that once you have been born-again, there is no leaving. You can turn to God and say I have had enough and don't want to be Christian anymore. You don't cease to be a Christian. You just become a rebellious Christian. God's salvation is not so superficial that one can just walk in and out. But of course one can then expect disciplinary acts from God, which can be extremely serious. Even to the point of death.

James was head of the Church at Jerusalem. (Acts 15:13) This consisted of believing Jews, some of whom were Pharisees. (Acts 15:5)

That James was still following the Law is clear in (Acts 21:17-26).

Yes, most don't believe Paul wrote (Hebrews), but I know their arguments and see nothing in them to prove he didn't. And in reading (Hebrews) it just reads like Paul. My opinion.

Quantrill

Back