Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] A thought on Human origins

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just making sure. As I noted before, people who don't like evolutionary theory, generally have no idea what it is. But you probably should find out about Darwin's points. It's not very technical at all. And it could save some embarrassment in the future.

You are so typical.....when you realize you're stuck in the mud...you claim the other has no idea. I've seen that ploy used for decades.
NEXT

One man ...Barbarian...tht's what it says.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned
1 Cor 15:21For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the deadcomes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive

..NOT a POPULATION.

Nothing in evolutionary theory rules out sin entering the world by one man.

If you don't like evoutionary theory, it would be easy to make your point. Just honestly answer the questions:

Maybe the best thing for you to do, is tell us your understanding of evolutionary theory. Start with Darwin's key points, and then tell us how the genetics produced the Modern Synthesis. Tell us about it.

If you don't even understand that, what makes you think you know anything about evolutionary theory?

Barbarian observes:

Sure it does barbarian. Perhaps you should learn a little about your own theory.

Well, let's test your belief. Show me what is in Darwin's points, or in the Modern Synthesis, that says what you claim it does.

Barbarian observes:

Well, let's test your belief. Show me what is in Darwin's points, or in the Modern Synthesis, that says what you claim it does.

I've asked in past post that you explain your position but for some reason you decided not to.

So, let me ask you some questions...Just who was Adam and Eve?
Did Adam and Eve have parents, brothers, Sisters, Cousins, etc? Were they part of a population?

So, sin entering....How did that happen? If Adam was the reason for sin.....how did it spread to the rest of the population?

I've asked in past post that you explain your position but for some reason you decided not to.

So you would like to answer, but the Evil Barbarian won't let you? I'm guessing that even if I answer your questions again, you won't answer mine. But just for the record:

Just who was Adam and Eve?

The first humans to whom God gave an immortal soul directly. The ancestors of all humans living today.

Did Adam and Eve have parents, brothers, Sisters, Cousins, etc? Were they part of a population?

Yes.

So, sin entering....How did that happen?

Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

If Adam was the reason for sin.....how did it spread to the rest of the population?

When they became aware of good and evil, they became like God, being potentially capable of fellowship with Him. But being human, they were incapable of being truly good, and sin separated them from Him. All their descendants are likewise capable of knowing good and evil. Hence the need for a savior.

Now, it's time for you to answer the questions I gave you:

Barbarian's most recent question you ignored:

The first humans to whom God gave an immortal soul directly. The ancestors of all humans living today.

Where does the bible teach God gave the population of first humans an immortal soul?
If you can't produce a chapter and verse...you have to trash that idea.

Once again, it appears you have added to the bible.
Why does Genesis call Eve the mother of all living? If Eve had parents that would not be a true statement. Once more I have shown where you need to change the bible when you filter it through evolutionism.

Sorry, you've done enough bunny trails. Instead of dodging, answer the question:

If Adam was the reason for sin.....how did it spread to the rest of the population?

When they became aware of good and evil, they became like God, being potentially capable of fellowship with Him. But being human, they were incapable of being truly good, and sin separated them from Him. All their descendants are likewise capable of knowing good and evil. Hence the need for a savior.

Your problem continues to occur when you realize your "theology" teaches there were other people alive on earth....not related to Adam...who would have offspring not involved in Adams fall. There is no reason to believe these people would not be alive today.

Once again, it appears you have added to the bible.

Nope. Not everything that's true, is in the Bible.

Why does Genesis call Eve the mother of all living?

Because all humans living today are descended from her.

If Eve had parents that would not be a true statement.

You haven't thought about that very carefully. See above.

So, are you going to stop dodging, and answer my question?

Prediction: more dodging and bunny trails from Cygnus

Your problem continues to occur when you realize your "theology" teaches there were other people alive on earth....not related to Adam...who would have offspring not involved in Adams fall. There is no reason to believe these people would not be alive today.

If you deny that Noah is a true story, I suppose. Is that your position?

Why does Genesis call Eve the mother of all living?

Nope. Not everything that's true, is in the Bible.

Because all humans living today are descended from her.

That's not what evolutionism teaches. Evolutionism teaches there were plenty of other mothers around when your Eve walked the earth. No reason to think every other linage simply went away and only Eve's remained.

Once again Theo-Evoism can't explain what happened.

(Barbarian notes that a flood that killed all but one family would leave no other survivors)

I believe Noahs flood covered the entire earth....

But you don't believe that only Noah and his family survived? You aren't making a lot of sense.

I would also imagine you would feel the need to re-write the account of Noah's flood.

As you know, the Bible doesn't say Noah's flood was worldwide.

I would also imagine you would feel the need to re-write the account of Noah's flood.
As you know, the Bible doesn't say Noah's flood was worldwide.

The bible does teach a world wide flood. It's right there in Gen 7:19. Perhaps they changed it in your bible once they ran it through the filter of evolutionism.

And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered.

Are you two boys through?

Cygnus, YOU should be doing what Barbarian asked you to do:
List those 5 points, whatever they are or that Modern Synthesis thing, whatever that is.

HE did ask YOU.

Otherwise, this thread is going nowhere and I'm trying to learn different things.
Sometimes, believe it or not, I DO learn things from Barbarian.

Wondering

Are you two boys through?

Cygnus, YOU should be doing what Barbarian asked you to do:
List those 5 points, whatever they are or that Modern Synthesis thing, whatever that is.

HE did ask YOU.

Otherwise, this thread is going nowhere and I'm trying to learn different things.
Sometimes, believe it or not, I DO learn things from Barbarian.

Wondering

I've been showing him all along how if evolutionism was true that one man could not spread sin to the entire population.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back