Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

About the "Holy Rosary" prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey All,
There is no need to insult people who pray because they do not pray as you do Kv-44-v1. A rosery gives the believer a way to pray when they don't know what else to say. It may also give them a sense of touching God on a personal level. They are not worshiping the necklace. I don't personally use one. But I fInd nothing wrong with them using it as a connection to God.

I don't get you KV-44-v1, a person is praying and you are complaining about how they are doing it? Do you really believe that God does not hear a prayer from someone because they hold a beaded necklace and Cross? I believe your complaint is completely out of line.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
The Nadab and abihu account tells me worship style matters very much. Yes that was OT but - God never changes. The point is still there.
----
Prayer matters.
If a teaching violates God's clear Word, and/or His Commands, it must be scrutinized and disbelieved. Maryworship sure falls into that category!
Look up the contents of his "prayers" and be like a Berean. dont just be a "fencesitter".
if one prays to God as well as to pagan gods, that one is sinning by being a pagan. It is no better to substitute mary. Mary was just a human. Her blessing was carrying Jesus' body. She was never exalted to queenhood or whatever.

90% food, 10% poison. Satan is subtle. But reading the contents of the rosary, it seems like the 10% is more of a 40% or more figure!

Would you like a bit more in depth look on how the rosary is actually bad?

Fear of the Lord brings knowledge and wisdom. Not fear of the catholic church.

There is no need to insult people
Quote the exact sentence/s of my post where i "insulted" someone.
I prefer to rebut the position.

A rosery gives the believer a way to pray when they don't know what else to say. It may also give them a sense of touching God on a personal level.
1. The Bible has many prayer ideas. Ie Psalms. no need for them to look to unBiblical, compromised mary-exaltations.
2. things that go against God's teaching will only give a false sense and/or shortterm euphoria.

Mary is the adversary of satan according to scripture
literally EVERY true Christian, Bible-based Christ-following Christian, are adversaries of the devil.
Why did the devil hate Mary??
1. she FOLLOWED God.
2. she was made in God's Image.

now, i don't know if the devil found out that Mary was Jesus' bodily mother before Jesus started teaching.
Unlike Mary, believers today are alive.
Dont be a Necromancer.

It is complete Impossible to give too much honor, veneration, or devotion to Mary most holy!
Your posts demonstrate otherwise.
nowhere in the Bible does it say to "venerate" or "devote" to her.

By Catholic logic, you should also do the same to Mary's mother. And then her grandmother. And all of her ancestors and therefore, allllll the way to Eve.

And now you see the absurdity of Catholicism.

Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded,
Mary told the servants to follow Jesus in John 2.

if her helping was the CAUSE, well that still gives no credence to your case because she was alive on earth and could do stuff.

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!
She never said to exaggerate her blessing! Yeah she's blessed but catholicism greatly extrapolates her blessing to mean what it doesn't mean.

Yeah I'll say it - CATHOLICISM ABUSES HER BLESSING.

you dont understand.
a rosery is giving UNWARRANTED WORSHIP to a long gone human who didn't resurrect. And besides, it is Mary who is meditated on way too often.
Worship GOD on HIS terms. Maryology is AGAINST His terms.

One of the Rosary items is "pray for us sinners." THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE DEAD CAN ANSWER PRAYERS!!
Jesus is alive, though. Mabye pray to Him instead of fallible men/women??

Imagine a "pagan rosary", a rosary that gives worship to pagan gods AS WELL AS the True God.
60% about God but 40% idolatry. Compromise stinks. The 40% is the one that should go away.

Oh, but now all of a sudden you think its idolatry? That shows that you cannot detect the flaws in your worldview and the arbitrariness of it. Maryology IS a form of idolatry.

You BeLieve that maryology isn't bad because SOMEONE ELSE TOLD YOU SO.
It's not a logical conclusion in any sense. It is just "dogma".

Did you know that 'hail mary' was a greeeting, and NOT evidence that she is a "superhuman"??
Catholic always love to exaggerate her blessing beyond what Scripture says.

By their logic, EVERYONE who is "blessed" under their worldview should be "kings of Heaven" as well!!
Many people in the Bible were blessed, so why not choose the others? Oh right- it's more "convincing" to use Mary.

ONLY GOD has SUPREME DOMINION. No mere human will ever qualify for having the dominion God has. Not. Even. Mary.

I have an EXPERIMENT for you.
Take a close LOOK at as much of the rosary as you can - And compare HOW MANY TIMES it EXALTS MARY, and Then how many times it exalts God.
1) The purpose is prayer and meditation not exultation

2) not worship, no such thing as maryolatry or maryology those words are just fundamentalist accusations. Worship requires intent, and consent, and adoration, a priest offering sacrifice, only God may be lawfully worshipped.
But is an “automatic fundamentalist reaction” Mary automatically means worship and idolatry when the reality is only, honor, veneration, prayer and devotion!

3) it’s ok to “pray” scripture and the “Hail Mary” is scripture

4) how do you call Her blessed?

you dont understand.
a rosery is giving UNWARRANTED WORSHIP to a long gone human who didn't resurrect. And besides, it is Mary who is meditated on way too often.

One of the Rosary items is "pray for us sinners." THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE DEAD CAN ANSWER PRAYERS!!

Imagine a "pagan rosary", a rosary that gives worship to pagan gods AS WELL AS the True God.
60% about God but 40% idolatry. Compromise stinks. The 40% is the one that should go away.

Oh, but now all of a sudden you think its idolatry? That shows that you cannot detect the flaws in your worldview and the arbitrariness of it. Maryology IS a form of idolatry.

Did you know that 'hail mary' was a greeeting, and NOT evidence that she is a "superhuman"??

By their logic, EVERYONE who is "blessed" under their worldview should be "kings of Heaven" as well!!
Many people in the Bible were blessed, so why not choose the others? Oh right- it's more "convincing" to use Mary.

ONLY GOD has SUPREME DOMINION. No mere human will ever qualify for having the dominion God has. Not. Even. Mary.

Take a close LOOK at as much of the rosary as you can - And compare HOW MANY TIMES it EXALTS MARY, and Then how many times it exalts God.
“pray for us sinners, now any at the hour of death” (cos we’re not saved until the end Matt 24:13)

Anyone in the entire communion of saints can intercede for each other, including those who have gone before is marked with the sign of faith!

you dont understand.

It is complete Impossible to give too much honor, veneration, or devotion to Mary most holy!

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

Jn 2
The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done! The answer was no! But He honored His mother!

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when “His hour” does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Rom 13:7 honor Mary!

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!

If a man Honors his wife, and asks her to help him, and is Devoted to her, and gives her Veneration he MUST be worshipping her including adoration! Right?

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, cos Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have received come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death. Jesus Christ is the source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the apostolic church or the truths and doctrines revealed by Christ and taught by His one, holy, catholic & apostolic church is an attack on God and on Christ! And His teaching authority in the church by the successors of the apostles!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32

so you do not know the answers to these?
I was hoping to correct your misunderstanding of them, so tell me how?
literally EVERY true Christian, Bible-based Christ-following Christian, are adversaries of the devil.
1. she FOLLOWED God.

now, i don't know if the devil found out that Mary was Jesus' bodily mother before Jesus started teaching.
Dont be a Necromancer.

By Catholic logic, you should also do the same to Mary's mother. And then her grandmother. And all of her ancestors and therefore, allllll the way to Eve.

only cos she is our mother and the mother of our salvation!

1. she FOLLOWED God.

Dont be a Necromancer.

No it started with the powerful grace and mighty work of God in creating and preserving Mary from all sin! Lk 1:49 “the immaculate conception of Mary”!

His one, holy, catholic & apostolic church

I would suggest you do… more research about the origins of the roman catholic church which comes from pagan origins when it was founded in Rome by Constantine about 300AD. This is well known in history. Constantine was the first pope, and he mixed paganism with Christianity and that is how the Roman catholic church was born.

1. she FOLLOWED God.

Dont be a Necromancer.

God says Mary is Alive!
Jesus Christ says Mary is alive!
Sacred scripture says Mary is alive!
The holy church of the apostles with Christ’s authority who decided and declared and bound the New Testament cannon of scripture says Mary is alive !

God of the living!

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

if her helping was the CAUSE, well that still gives no credence to your case because she was alive on earth and could do stuff.

She never said to exaggerate her blessing! Yeah she's blessed but catholicism greatly extrapolates her blessing to mean what it doesn't mean.

Then you are diminishing God’s glory! His mighty works!

Immaculate conception and the Four spiritual laws:

2) Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
Man is Sinful.

3) Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God's love.
He Died in Our Place.

4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
We Must Receive Christ.

Knowing this how can scripture say:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

“Full of grace”

“Lord is with Mary”
(not Mary is with the Lord)

“Blessed”

The only possibility is the “immaculate conception” by the power of God thru the future merits of the passion and death of Jesus Christ! Amen! Lk 1:37 Lk 1:49

Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

1 cor 3:17 …..for the temple of God is holy….. Mary is the temple, house, dwelling of God, God had need of Her to become man!

Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate. As Job said “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.” (Job 14:4).

Then you are diminishing God’s glory! His mighty works!
It seem that you elevate her as a god.

Deut 18:10-11
10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist

or

who consults the dead.

1. she FOLLOWED God.

Dont be a Necromancer.

Mother of Divine Grace!

Jn 1:16-17

Jesus Christ is the source of grace!

All graces come thru Mary!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

All graces come from the merits of Christ, from His passion and death and Jesus Christ came thru Mary!

Did you know that 'hail mary' was a greeeting,
A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

The mother of any king is automatically queen and rules half the kingdom!
The queen mother!

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace who is the throne of divine grace!

Mary’s biblical name is “Full of grace”! Lk 1:28 Hail! Full of grace!

JUST as the soul gives life to the body, so grace gives life to the soul. And so our Lady, obtaining grace for sinners through her intercession, brings back life to their souls.

Lk 1:30 Mary found “our salvation” lost by Adam

Mary & Eve!

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned: Gen 3:16
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary gave birth to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

The Dove, & rainbow signs of peace are types of Mary mother of our salvation who obtained peace for all men!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Oil heals and fuels the flame, and is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and fire of divine love!

Rev. 12:1 – we see Mary, the “woman,” clothed with the sun. While in Rev. 6:9 we only see the souls of the martyrs in heaven, in Rev. 12:1 we see Mary, both body and soul.

2 Thess. 2:15 – Paul instructs us to hold fast to oral (not just written) tradition. Apostolic tradition says Mary was assumed into heaven. While claiming the bones of the saints was a common practice during these times (and would have been especially important to obtain Mary’s bones as she was the Mother of God), Mary’s bones were never claimed. This is because they were not available. Mary was taken up body and soul into heaven.

VII. Mary’s Coronation in Heaven

2 Tim 4:8 – Paul says that there is laid up for him the crown of righteousness. The saints are crowned in heaven, and Mary is the greatest saint of all.

James 1:12 – those who endure will receive the crown of life which God has promised. Mary has received the crown of life by bringing eternal life to the world.

1 Peter 5:4 – when the chief Shepherd is manifested we will receive the unfading crown of glory.

Rev. 2:10 – Jesus will give the faithful unto death the crown of life. Jesus gave Mary His Mother the crown of life.

Rev. 12:1 – Mary, the “woman,” is crowned with twelve stars. She is Queen of heaven and earth and the Mother of the Church.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back