Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam and Eve

Was Adam and Eve the first people

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I agree that no Jesus likely existed.

You might have listened to the information I provided. That is what it says.

What was your point about the way the esoteric way to enlightenment that Gnostic Jesus taught.

Are you not your own best God?

Regards
DL
You speak a lot of what Gnostic's believe, as if I am hearing you right you said you were not Gnostic, but do not believe in the Biblical Jesus, but some Gnostic Jesus. How do you call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ Jesus :shrug

You speak a lot of what Gnostic's believe, as if I am hearing you right you said you were not Gnostic, but do not believe in the Biblical Jesus, but some Gnostic Jesus. How do you call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ Jesus :shrug
I believe in the good news Jesus taught.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

Regards
DL

How do you call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ Jesus
Just to screw with you a bit.

You are misnaming Jesus when naming him Christ.

Jesus was never elevated to Christ by the Jews.

You will ignore or deny this but will not find a biblical reference.

Regards
DL

adam, yes, not Adam, unless you want to call Eve Adam.
Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

God called Adam and the woman both Adam.

Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

It was Adam who named the woman Eve.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.
Scientology and Hinduism being false religions that deny the Biblical God and His Son Christ Jesus as they believe they are their own god and reject the true God of all creation.

There is no such thing as Gnostic Christianity as that is foreign to Gods word. Anything outside of His word can not be trusted. Those who are Christ own have died to self and live for Christ for it is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Cor 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Cor 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

adam, yes, not Adam, unless you want to call Eve Adam.
I showed that taking the language in context in the text that the claim that the use of "adam" in Genesis 1:26, for example means something other than a general mankind or humanity is reading it wrong and not using the rules of language properly. So, it has little to do with calling Eve Adam. That'd be like arguing that because we use "man" in the general sense of Mankind in Genesis 1:26, that it's calling all women "men" when/if the first man was named simply Man as a proper name (which Adam was, because that's also what his name means in general). That would be ignoring obvious rules of the English language when looking at any of the usages in context of the text/content around them.

You ignore that Yahweh is androgenous.
Again, God identifies himself in the masculine all throughout the Biblical text. There's not one incident where He identifies himself as androgynous. Even when He chooses to manifest before people in the Bible, He appears in the masculine form, not an androgynous one. Neither do the angels, they mostly appear male, or arguably female ( ). Either way, here are some examples:

Genesis 15: 1 After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” 2 But Abram said, “O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue[a] childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.” 4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him: “This man shall not be your heir; your very own son shall be your heir.” 5 And he (This is God right here) brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he (Again, this is God) said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” 6 And he believed the Lord, and he (Again, this is God) counted it to him as righteousness.

Genesis 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, 2 that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly.” 3 Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him (This is to set context that God manifested before Abraham)

Genesis 17: 22 When he had finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham. (This is God, who just left Abraham after manifesting above)

Genesis 18: 1 And the Lord appeared to him (this is Abraham) by the oaks of Mamre, as he (Abraham) sat at the door of his (Abraham) tent in the heat of the day. 2 He (Abraham) lifted up his (Abraham) eyes and looked, and behold, three men (one of these is God, manifest in human form) were standing in front of him (Abraham). When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth 3 and said, “O Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant. (Notice how Abraham automatically recognizes one of them is God).

More context.
Genesis 18: 16 Then the men (God is among them) set out from there, and they looked down toward Sodom. And Abraham went with them to set them on their way. 17 The Lord said (indicating one of the previous group of 'men" is God), “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do, 18 seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Even more, Abraham is having an entire conversation with God, all of which God is recognized as a male:
Genesis 18: 27 Abraham answered and said, “Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes. 28 Suppose five of the fifty righteous are lacking. Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five?” And he said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.” 29 Again he spoke to him and said, “Suppose forty are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of forty I will not do it.” 30 Then he said, “Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak. Suppose thirty are found there.” He answered, “I will not do it, if I find thirty there.” 31 He said, “Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord. Suppose twenty are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of twenty I will not destroy it.” 32 Then he said, “Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak again but this once. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it.” 33 And the Lord went his way, when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place. (Each of the bold "he's" and the bold "his" indicate God in the passage).

You can go throughout the rest of the Bible. Every time God manifests in human form or is referred to or identifies Himself to a human, it's in the male form. It is never androgynous in the sense that the human does not recognize God as masculine.

If you want to continue thinking your way, go ahead and adore a genocidal, homophobic, and misogynous God.
I'm not sure where this attack is coming from here. You've entirely nosedived into a different conversation. What does all of the above have to do with this?

Hi Gnostic

Regards
DL

Just passing through here and felt compelled to reply your post.

I don't think most believers 'name' Jesus 'Christ'. When I use the word, the word 'the' is always implied. His name is not Christ, his identity is Christ. He is the 'Christ' child. Meaning Messiah, the chosen one. His name is Jesus and it was given him by an angel speaking on God's behalf. Who he is, his identity, is the Christ of God. The Jews, of course, never fully understood who Jesus was. That is why you won't find him referred to as 'Christ' in most Jewish writings. Because the Jews never believed Jesus to be the 'Christ' of God. After all, had they really understood who Jesus was, they would not have killed him. But even in their hate and anger towards Jesus, they fulfilled God's work for them.

God bless,
Ted

Regards
DL
"The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ)." John 1:41 Both of these men were Jews.

"The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”" John 4:25 She was a Samaritan but knew whom the Christ was.

"Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 1:1-4 Paul was a Jew

"This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile," Romans 3:22 The first believers were Jews!

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus," Romans 8:1 Jews and Gentiles

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes." Romans 10"4 Everyone: Jews and Gentiles

I could cite more Scripture -- a lot more -- but these parts of Scripture show that your premise is clearly wrong. The first believers were ALL Jews! The Gentiles came in later.

Back