Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam and Eve

Was Adam and Eve the first people

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Please do not put words in my mouth. I simply said Cain and Able had sisters. Nothing intended or implied.

You could tell me who those people are in the Land of Nod and why they were building a walled city. If you know that is.
I didn't , that was a question .

Where does Scripture clearly state that God destroyed this earth? If God created something so perfect why would He destroy it? God saw that "it was good" six times in the creation saga.

Jeremiah to your first question ,2nd question is because of satans rebellion ,it was either destroy all the children that followed lucifer , or start over . Can give you the verses or you can seek them .

Last edited:
Thank you for forming an opinion of me, a person you do not know. It does not bode well for any other conclusions you may arrive at.
I framed it as a question:
You seem to trust in their interpretation of the data without question?
But to be fair and clear, you have been posting a ton of secular dates as proof positive for your position. Are you just playing Devil's Advocate?

I framed it as a question:

But to be fair and clear, you have been posting a ton of secular dates as proof positive for your position. Are you just playing Devil's Advocate?
Much of the Bible is about one tribe or one people. So if we are talking globally which we are, when we talk about creation, we need to include everything.

Much of the Bible is about one tribe or one people. So if we are talking globally which we are, when we talk about creation, we need to include everything.
Genesis 1-11 is global, I misspoke earlier when I said only 1-10. It only narrows down in view when we get to Abraham. Up until that point it's establishing how the world came about to get to Abraham.

Sure, it's about Israel, but it's not written in a vacuum. There are other tribes, etc. Israel interacts with throughout the historical account of Israel. It's only about Israel as it pertains to God building up a people to bring about the Messiah through them. This much is said in Genesis 3:15, which is considered the proto-Gospel.

I believe I've stated my position on secular interpretations of data which leads them to deep time dates. They come at them with already ingrained assumptions of ancient age of reality and that assumptions blinds them from any faulty interpretations of the data they might have. Case and point, Egypt, we already know the Egyptian dynasties just like some in the Mesopotamian Dynasties had inaccurate date tracking, yet people love to use Egyptian timelines to challenge Biblical timelines. Even Egyptologists admit Egyptian timelines are flaky, yet they still hold to the consensus of deep age in the Egyptian calendar when I've seen Biblical scholars easily fit the Egyptian Dynasties in a Biblical calendar if you don't assume all of this stuff happened over thousands of thousands of years.

Another example. I was listening to Nathaniel T. Jeanson talk about his new research into genetics which he is doing to trace, as best we can, lineages back to Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. In his lecture on Egyptian genetic origins traced throughout history from the genetic tracing he and his team have done, he explained that East Africans tell a story how they came from West Africa over a handful of centuries. Conventional consensus in scientific thought regarding deep age dismissed this as pure myth, but his findings showed that if you don't assume deep time, the genetic history proves them right showing that a predominant lineage of South-Central Africans come from one genetic male and traveled across the region in a handful of centuries rather than millions and millions of years.

Genesis 1-11 is global, I misspoke earlier when I said only 1-10. It only narrows down in view when we get to Abraham. Up until that point it's establishing how the world came about to get to Abraham.

Sure, it's about Israel, but it's not written in a vacuum. There are other tribes, etc. Israel interacts with throughout the historical account of Israel. It's only about Israel as it pertains to God building up a people to bring about the Messiah through them. This much is said in Genesis 3:15, which is considered the proto-Gospel.

I believe I've stated my position on secular interpretations of data which leads them to deep time dates. They come at them with already ingrained assumptions of ancient age of reality and that assumptions blinds them from any faulty interpretations of the data they might have. Case and point, Egypt, we already know the Egyptian dynasties just like some in the Mesopotamian Dynasties had inaccurate date tracking, yet people love to use Egyptian timelines to challenge Biblical timelines. Even Egyptologists admit Egyptian timelines are flaky, yet they still hold to the consensus of deep age in the Egyptian calendar when I've seen Biblical scholars easily fit the Egyptian Dynasties in a Biblical calendar if you don't assume all of this stuff happened over thousands of thousands of years.

Another example. I was listening to Nathaniel T. Jeanson talk about his new research into genetics which he is doing to trace, as best we can, lineages back to Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. In his lecture on Egyptian genetic origins traced throughout history from the genetic tracing he and his team have done, he explained that East Africans tell a story how they came from West Africa over a handful of centuries. Conventional consensus in scientific thought regarding deep age dismissed this as pure myth, but his findings showed that if you don't assume deep time, the genetic history proves them right showing that a predominant lineage of South-Central Africans come from one genetic male and traveled across the region in a handful of centuries rather than millions and millions of years.
I am not interested. O.K.

Jeremiah to your first question ,2nd question is because of satans rebellion ,it was either destroy all the children that followed lucifer , or start over . Can give you the verses or you can seek them .
What are your sources for this so we can go read them as no one is going to just take what another says as face value.

Thank you for forming an opinion of me, a person you do not know. It does not bode well for any other conclusions you may arrive at.
BroRoyVa79 was not forming any opinion about you, but only stated "You seem to trust in their interpretation of the data without question?" That is not forming an opinion, but stating he feels you seem to trust their interpretation without question and never said you actually do. If that is not the case then discuss it with him instead of being sarcastic towards him. Be slow to read every word before you reply.

From memory I probably got it from Ussher who worked it out from peoples ages. The big flaw is that there were other people who had set up ancient civilisations long before the Hebrews.

Rember, Usshers dates do not take into account the first five days of creation.
There is a big difference between Old creationism and young Earth creationism as both give different time lines, but I did find this below and when I get a chance I will study this further as I find it interesting and want to learn more.

Adam was created in 1AM (Anno Mundi) Anno Mundi (from Latin "in the year of the world"; Hebrew: לבריאת העולם, romanized: Livryat haOlam, lit. 'to the creation of the world'), abbreviated as AM or A.M., or Year After Creation,[1] is a calendar era based on the biblical accounts of the creation of the world and subsequent history. Two such calendar eras have seen notable use historically:

There is a big difference between Old creationism and young Earth creationism as both give different time lines, but I did find this below and when I get a chance I will study this further as I find it interesting and want to learn more.

Adam was created in 1AM (Anno Mundi) Anno Mundi (from Latin "in the year of the world"; Hebrew: לבריאת העולם, romanized: Livryat haOlam, lit. 'to the creation of the world'), abbreviated as AM or A.M., or Year After Creation,[1] is a calendar era based on the biblical accounts of the creation of the world and subsequent history. Two such calendar eras have seen notable use historically:

I have been studying this for many years. The word 'day' yome in Hebrew means a period of time depending on the context and with that in mind, the creation account is precisely accurate, the result no doubt of divine inspiration, for no human being could have known about that which the Bible describes so accurately.

Moving forward into the seventh day in which we are currently living, we notice it is far longer than twenty-four hours. Once we realise the days of creation represent an era everything falls into place. We know it is divinely inspired because it is so accurate. After that when all is 'good' the Bible moves forward to the present 'day', and we find ourselves reading about the beginning of the Jewish nation.

Last edited:
Any time Yom is used, it qualifies it with context within the text. In Genesis 1, it tells you what the word "day" means in context. Each day means one solar, or revolution of the Earth with "evening and morning" as a qualifier. Given that context, it's not good practice to suddenly say the seventh day is an endless day that God is still resting from His work. Which in Hebrew is melaka, which simply means "occupation, work, business." With that in mind if we are currently living in the seventh day, some long rest day for God according to Genesis 2:1-2, then God is supposed to be still at rest. Why has God been doing work, conducting business with the human race all of this time since the Fall? Not only that, it says he made it holy and He used it with Israel as a Holy day, the Sabbath.

With that in mind you have Moses writing in Exodus 20:11:

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

If the seventh day is a long rest era, or if any of the days of creation are long eras, how do we reconcile what Moses wrote in Genesis under the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

Furthermore, we also have to remember when dealing with Genesis that Jesus, specifically, and all of the authors of the New Testament treated everything in Genesis as real history that happened. You have to find a way to reconcile that, specifically Jesus' handling of Genesis 1-11, etc. as history that actually happened the way it says that it did.

Any time Yom is used, it qualifies it with context within the text. In Genesis 1, it tells you what the word "day" means in context. Each day means one solar, or revolution of the Earth with "evening and morning" as a qualifier. Given that context, it's not good practice to suddenly say the seventh day is an endless day that God is still resting from His work. Which in Hebrew is melaka, which simply means "occupation, work, business." With that in mind if we are currently living in the seventh day, some long rest day for God according to Genesis 2:1-2, then God is supposed to be still at rest. Why has God been doing work, conducting business with the human race all of this time since the Fall? Not only that, it says he made it holy and He used it with Israel as a Holy day, the Sabbath.

With that in mind you have Moses writing in Exodus 20:11:

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

If the seventh day is a long rest era, or if any of the days of creation are long eras, how do we reconcile what Moses wrote in Genesis under the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

Furthermore, we also have to remember when dealing with Genesis that Jesus, specifically, and all of the authors of the New Testament treated everything in Genesis as real history that happened. You have to find a way to reconcile that, specifically Jesus' handling of Genesis 1-11, etc. as history that actually happened the way it says that it did.
Also, God's rest in Genesis is the word shabat "rest or cease" and we know God never tires, of course, but it is in a perfect form to indicate an action finished in the past, which were the first six days. He rested from the work of creation, but not work overall. Throughout scripture when God's rest is spoken of it is in past tense and not present tense, so to speak.

What are your sources for this so we can go read them as no one is going to just take what another says as face value.
Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

God is telling us here exactly what He did to the earth at one time. This was in the first earth age. The earth spoken of here, is the "erets" as given in the Hebrew text. In Strong's Hebrew dictionary # 776.

God is saying that He was so angry before, in that first earth age, that He totally destroyed everything. In the Hebrew, from Genesis 1:2, "tohu va bohu" which means, "without form and void" "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

God said that He did not create the earth a waste land and void, it became that way when God shook it.

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

Imagine all the hills and mountains around this earth moving in one massive earthquake.

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

There was no man, because He destroyed every being on the face of the earth. God destroyed all the birds, and creatures along with man. This is not talking about the flood of Noah, for with the flood of Noah, not only was eight Adamic souls saved but two souls from each race, as well as two of all the animals. Even the Kenites, the sons of Cain came through the flood.

jeremiah4 (theseason.org)

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

God is telling us here exactly what He did to the earth at one time. This was in the first earth age. The earth spoken of here, is the "erets" as given in the Hebrew text. In Strong's Hebrew dictionary # 776.

God is saying that He was so angry before, in that first earth age, that He totally destroyed everything. In the Hebrew, from Genesis 1:2, "tohu va bohu" which means, "without form and void" "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

God said that He did not create the earth a waste land and void, it became that way when God shook it.

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

Imagine all the hills and mountains around this earth moving in one massive earthquake.

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

There was no man, because He destroyed every being on the face of the earth. God destroyed all the birds, and creatures along with man. This is not talking about the flood of Noah, for with the flood of Noah, not only was eight Adamic souls saved but two souls from each race, as well as two of all the animals. Even the Kenites, the sons of Cain came through the flood.

God always keeps His word, and he did what he said he would do, and what Jerimiah had been warning the people of the Northern Kingdom about, to wit, he destroyed the land of the northern Kingdom for their disobedience.

This doesn't change the fact God named the first man Adam in Genesis 2
adam, yes, not Adam, unless you want to call Eve Adam.

You ignore that Yahweh is androgenous.

If you want to continue thinking your way, go ahead and adore a genocidal, homophobic, and misogynous God.

Regards
DL

Jeremiah 4:19-31 is about Jeremiah's anguish over Judah's desolation and has nothing to do with what you call first earth age as God only created it one time.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Does not speak of another earth as the beginning is just that, the beginning of God's creation.

I looked at that website and please don't believe every website that has no Biblical proof, but believe what has already been written in Genesis Chapter 1.

Of course scholars disagree, that is often how they justify their existence and get grant money. The more spectacular and against orthodoxy, the better. There really is no legitimate disagreement on the matter. The terms Gnostic Jesus and Gnostic Christian are oxymorons. There is no Gnostic Jesus, so there can be no Gnostic Christian. There is the historical Jesus as taught in the four Gospels and the other 22 books of the NT, and no other. To not believe in Christ as revealed in the Bible, is, as he said, to not have the Father either. That is, there is no hope of salvation. To reject the Christ of the Bible is to reject everything.

To call oneself I Am, to be one's own god, is not only utterly foolish, given the Bible's depictions of man's heart and confirmed by simple observation of people, it is the very lie that was the cause of mankind's separation from God (Gen 3:5). It is the height of pride and rebellion against God; it is idolatry. It is to reject the very heart of the gospel, the whole reason for Jesus's coming to die. You cannot become one a "brethren of Jesus" in such a way; it actually does the exact opposite. He, himself, made that clear. There is only one way to become a brother of Christ, and that is to accept his historical, literal, physical death and resurrection, and place your faith in him for salvation (John 1:12; 3:14-18; 14:6; 20:31; Acts 4:12; 16:30-31; Rom 5:9-10; 10:9; etc.).

Of course, all of that means one must believe truth is objective and that the Bible alone is God's revelation to mankind. But, think as you will.
Who did your inquisitors murder when thinking trey were murdering Gnostics?

I do not believe in talking serpents and donkeys but know some must.

I can only repeat what I put just above on your savior and ask you to justify abdicating your own responsibilities for your sins.

Will you sin to be saved?

Regards
DL

So your God must kill because he cannot cure.

Ok.

Scriptures say god's justice is close to an eye for an eye.

Your God breaks his own laws and standard for his killing. Right?

Is God above his own law?

Regards
DL

Back