Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam, where are you? Man, woman, where are you?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji Devotions for Thu, 8 April 2021

Topic: Adam, where are you? Man, woman, where are you?

By H.U Wenger

Highlights: But the Lord called to the man: “Where are you?” He answered: “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid.” (Genesis 3:9 – 10)

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. (Hebrew 4:13)Adam and Eve lived in the best possible environment, surrounded by the purest and deepest love, but through the seducing words of the serpent they began to crave for more.

But, is there actually more available than they had? No, no not really, but I think they were not aware of it. They were just put into that magnificent garden, knowing nothing of heartache, stressful moments, loneliness, the power of love and missing something. God has shown them his perfect love, but they themselves had not yet grown their own love for God and for everything he had provided for them. First John 4:18 tells us: “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” Adam was very conscious that he had crossed a line that he was disobedient to the word of God and he feared his punishment and his nakedness. Moments ago, he was perfectly clothed in the love of God and never wasted a thought about his nakedness.

Now, as he knows himself guilty, the very same nakedness makes him be afraid of his own creator, of his father. The same principle applies still today. As soon as we tolerate sin in our lives, we cannot rejoice anymore in the love of God. It separates us from him and makes us afraid and it really should. Hebrews 4:13 shows us that nobody, no creature can hide from God. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. We do not know what would have happened, if Adam and Eve would have run to God immediately after they realized their nakedness, telling him, we have sinned against you and it has become a terrible, live shattering problem. Can you help us? We know, however, what is happening today, when we ran towards him and confess our sins. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Think of his perfect love to us and approach him now to confess, not just your own sins, but all sins you have taken with you from society or from your philosophy.

Whatever in this world you may support that it is not in the Lord’s will, will backfire on you. How can I be a Christian and support people or institutions who are for abortion, same sex marriage, bashing Israel, taking down the authorities, practices that lead to vice, immorality and unrighteousness? Whenever things like those are in our lives, let us run immediately to the Lord, give account to him and repent. Let us get rid of everything he despises. It will lead all of us into a holier live and bring us deeper into his love, so that we will not have any fear anymore, not matter what is going to happen. Only Jesus Christ can set us free. Let us love him, as he has loved and loves us. To him be glory, praise, adoration and exultation. In him alone we can get what we need for life eternal. Let us seize everything than brings us closer to him. Let us throw out everything that separates us from his holiness. Halleluja!

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I do thank you that absolutely nothing is hidden from your eyes. Help me to fully trust your love and always run towards you, when I am or feel guilty. Let me never forget that you are absolutely and unchangeably good and that you have mercy and grace for me no matter what may have happened in my life. Thank you for your love and your patience with me.

Here is an interesting fact, God made the first animal sacrifice that covered Adam and Eve and Jesus made the last sacrifice as being the Lamb of God that covers our sin and takes them away.

Back