Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Advice for Your Teenage Self

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

If you could say two things to your 15-year-old self, what advice would you give? If you're not much older, feel free to go back to a younger age. Besides a given (on a Christian board), put your faith in Christ, what would you tell yourself? And no saying, "Invest in Apple". :lol

I'll go first.

1. Don't worry what other kids think. You won't know them in 4 years.
2. Invest in Apple! (just kidding) Apply yourself to school now, and you'll reap the benefits for a long time after.

What would you say?

Hum....good thread BTW. :chin I like your first advice, I'll be taking that. I think I'd tell myself to be kinder to a few kids I know, and listen to Mr Adair. He's only trying to help you and you will see that everything he is saying to you is in fact true. (My guidance counselor in HS)

ok well then

aside from what mike said on the lord

1)karate isnt all that there is
2) ok so you work at mcds but what about the future?
3)get over molly escott and your aversion to women and repent for mark that man you looked at and the others that you find likeable.
4) stick up for yourself
5)IDIOT,SLAPS HIM IN THE FACE! english isnt that bad and also learn to drive earlier
6) the jws are wrong. and its not wrong to serve ones country'
7) lose the arrogant attitude
8)there are women that like you and dont want to have sex with you.

Alcohol and drugs really aren't cool and they definitely aren't worth it.
Stealing is wrong and stupid.
Above all else, no matter what, at all costs, DO NOT turn you back on God!

Good stuff so far. Just popping in to help people along who can't count. What two pieces of advice would you give your younger self. That's one piece of advice followed by another... and then you stop. :tongue

I'm just trying to narrow it down to the most important messages you'd give yourself; not everything you'd tell yourself.

Good stuff so far. Just popping in to help people along who can't count. What two pieces of advice would you give your younger self. That's one piece of advice followed by another... and then you stop. :tongue

I'm just trying to narrow it down to the most important messages you'd give yourself; not everything you'd tell yourself.

oh trust me, that wasnt everything. i was that messed up then.of course consider two days ago a past sin was brought to my mind that involved a certain muslim man that i once did alot of crimes with and what i was like then at the age of 23.

while satanic in origin. i found a lot of rage over him and what i was and i hadnt let go.

there is much to repent and change from. my hearts run deep and i wanst aware of that till know.

this shall not be the last of these emotional healings.

at time i have to relive my past and see myself through the lords eyes and what i was then and feel all that pent up pain.

i did that in a thread on...

the real prosperity gospel.one member of this forum cried. you may remember her faithtransforms. i shared alot of that time with her and she was used by God to heal me of my numbness.

Shamelessly bumping.

I think this is such an interesting thing to consider, if you really think about yourself at that age. We were talking about it at work today. Come on, now! :wave

I like this question. It is truly thought-provoking, and although I could write a book on what I would say to myself when I was fifteen, I'll try to give the two best pieces that I can think of.

Here goes:

1)Realize your potential as a young person and determine what you want to achieve in life (whether it be becoming a writer, baseball player, musician, etc.), tell God and your family your dreams, and then start working on them immediately.

2)Take a step back and try to see the world from God's perspective. Not being in it or desiring what's in it, but analyzing it, sort of like a biologist does nature. Even watching your classmates of friends talk can help you understand human nature and why God has an ultimate manner in which He wants people to react with one another.

I hope this helps you. I have some more but these two stood out to me the most. ;)

1) Be more confident. I don't think it would change much about my situation now, but it would have made highschool a lot more enjoyable.

2) Run more miles! Your aerobic base can never be too large! (Distance runner thing...)

1. You will seek death and sorrow will squeeze your throat in coming years but God will always hold your hand inspite of you not knowing Him and unaware of His hand holding you. After these days God will surely fulfill His prophecy which you know and heard.

2. What you desire the most, you will never get, so, don't seek after it. You will get what you don't desire & hate only to realize you are loved the most by God, for what you hated & received, is a precious stone from God's crown. It is only after you receive it, you will truly know its value.

1) Go live your dream NOW, stop putting it off. If you keep putting it off it won't be as fulfilling... trust me.

2) Tell miss webster you're sorry, you may not get another chance.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back