Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] AIG: Are humans just another kind of animal?

Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

I didn't see the post to which you are referring. But that makes no difference whatsoever because any child can see the difference between humans and aimals. In fact, the term "bestitiality" was coined precisely to describe human sex with animals. And everyone knows what that implies because everyone knows what a beast is and what a human is. If people really thought that humans were animals they would simply call bestiality copulation, and consider it natural, but they don't. So they betray their true knowledge that humans are not animals. :)

1. Humans are multicellular organisms

2. Humans have the capacity for locomotion

3. Humans have a nonphotosynthetic metabolism

4. Humans have a pronounced response to stimuli

5. Humans are restricted in growth

6. Humans have a fixed bodily structure.

Which of these incorrectly describes a human?

armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

I didn't see the post to which you are referring. But that makes no difference whatsoever because any child can see the difference between humans and aimals. In fact, the term "bestitiality" was coined precisely to describe human sex with animals. And everyone knows what that implies because everyone knows what a beast is and what a human is. If people really thought that humans were animals they would simply call bestiality copulation, and consider it natural, but they don't. So they betray their true knowledge that humans are not animals. :)

So you're saying that the only reason humans should not have sex with an animal is simply because we cannot produce offspring with them. Otherwise, it's okay because afterall, we're all animals here. Is that correct? :o If so, then even having a conversation with you is a waste of time, my friend. :wink:

Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:

So you're saying that the only reason humans should not have sex with an animal is simply because we cannot produce offspring with them. Otherwise, it's okay because afterall, we're all animals here. Is that correct? :o If so, then even having a conversation with you is a waste of time, my friend. :wink:

It seems to be a favorite tactic of yours to put words in other peoples mouths and create false dillemas. Where exactly did I even touch on the subject of whether or not it is morally correct to have sex with other species? I am talking about biological structures and classifications. I have made a list of things that describe Humans, and I am asking you to show me which of the things listed incorrectly describes a human.

armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:

It seems to be a favorite tactic of yours to put words in other peoples mouths and create false dillemas. Where exactly did I even touch on the subject of whether or not it is morally correct to have sex with other species? I am talking about biological structures and classifications. I have made a list of things that describe Humans, and I am asking you to show me which of the things listed incorrectly describes a human.

Do you think it's "morally correct" for dogs to have sex with cats? So if we're animals, then what do morals have to do with our sex lives? :o

Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
[quote="armed2010":cf869]Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

Do you think it's "morally correct" for dogs to have sex with cats? So if we're animals, then what do morals have to do with our sex lives? :o[/quote:cf869]

Sorry Heidi, but I've clearly laid out a list that I'd like you to analyze, and I'm not going to let you simply swerve the topic away from that and into something entirely different that I havn't even touched upon. You are saying that Humans are not animals, so please tell me which of the things I listed incorrectly describe a human.

armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
[quote="Heidi":6e1ba][quote="armed2010":6e1ba]Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

Do you think it's "morally correct" for dogs to have sex with cats? So if we're animals, then what do morals have to do with our sex lives? :o[/quote:6e1ba]

Sorry Heidi, but I've clearly laid out a list that I'd like you to analyze, and I'm not going to let you simply swerve the topic away from that and into something entirely different that I havn't even touched upon. You are saying that Humans are not animals, so please tell me which of the things I listed incorrectly describe a human.[/quote:6e1ba]

Actually, it is who who are evading the issue. Once you answer my question, then yours will be answered as well. And the reason for that is that you can look inside the bodies of animans and humans and find correlations all you want, but you can never understand that there is a difference bewteen animals and humans until you look at the realities of our differences. And the very fact that animals don't have morals because they are unable to understand morals, but humans do shows a very big difference between humans, and not just one species of animal, but all animals. :)

Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
[quote="armed2010":14f1d][quote="Heidi":14f1d][quote="armed2010":14f1d]Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

Do you think it's "morally correct" for dogs to have sex with cats? So if we're animals, then what do morals have to do with our sex lives? :o[/quote:14f1d]

Sorry Heidi, but I've clearly laid out a list that I'd like you to analyze, and I'm not going to let you simply swerve the topic away from that and into something entirely different that I havn't even touched upon. You are saying that Humans are not animals, so please tell me which of the things I listed incorrectly describe a human.[/quote:14f1d]

Actually, it is who who are evading the issue. Once you answer my question, then yours will be answered as well. And the reason for that is that you can look inside the bodies of animans and humans and find correlations all you want, but you can never understand that there is a difference bewteen animals and humans until you look at the realities of our differences. And the very fact that animals don't have morals because they are unable to understand morals, but humans do shows a very big difference between humans, and not just one species of animal, but all animals. :)[/quote:14f1d]

I am evading the issue by asking you to answer the question that I posed to you far earlier on the page earlier, instead of answering your extremely recent question? Sorry Heidi, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Heidi, the "differences" do not matter. We may have the capability of forming personal morals and such, but we still fit a very basic underlying set of criteria that is shared with very many species on this planet. Anything about our morals and such would go under the Species catagory, as it would deal with our specific brain.

Thus, I ask you again, as I have been asking you since the earlier page where I gave you a complete lay out of how humans are classified, please tell me which of the things I have listed incorrectly describe a human.

armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
[quote="Heidi":37be0][quote="armed2010":37be0][quote="Heidi":37be0][quote="armed2010":37be0]Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

Do you think it's "morally correct" for dogs to have sex with cats? So if we're animals, then what do morals have to do with our sex lives? :o[/quote:37be0]

Sorry Heidi, but I've clearly laid out a list that I'd like you to analyze, and I'm not going to let you simply swerve the topic away from that and into something entirely different that I havn't even touched upon. You are saying that Humans are not animals, so please tell me which of the things I listed incorrectly describe a human.[/quote:37be0]

Actually, it is who who are evading the issue. Once you answer my question, then yours will be answered as well. And the reason for that is that you can look inside the bodies of animans and humans and find correlations all you want, but you can never understand that there is a difference bewteen animals and humans until you look at the realities of our differences. And the very fact that animals don't have morals because they are unable to understand morals, but humans do shows a very big difference between humans, and not just one species of animal, but all animals. :)[/quote:37be0]

I am evading the issue by asking you to answer the question that I posed to you far earlier on the page earlier, instead of answering your extremely recent question? Sorry Heidi, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Heidi, the "differences" do not matter. We may have the capability of forming personal morals and such, but we still fit a very basic underlying set of criteria that is shared with very many species on this planet. Anything about our morals and such would go under the Species catagory, as it would deal with our specific brain.

Thus, I ask you again, as I have been asking you since the earlier page where I gave you a complete lay out of how humans are classified, please tell me which of the things I have listed incorrectly describe a human.[/quote:37be0]

No, we do not share the capacity for understanding morals with any other species on the planet. And until you realize that, you will never see the difference between animals and humans.

And because you don't realize that, then your questions are therefore, moot. It doesn't mean a hill of beans if you see similarities between humans and animals in a laboratory if you cannot see the things which separate us from all animals. Once again, too much analyzing of the trees obscures the forest completely. And since you don't understand that either, then you and I will never agree on this. ;-)

species

Heidi said:
[

No, we do not share the capacity for understanding morals with any other species on the planet. And until you realize that, you will never see the difference between animals and humans.

quote]
Every species on the planet has it own "morals" or conduct under which it lives within it's society. They are not like us because we are human we are like them because we are animals as well.

Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
armed2010 said:
Heidi said:
[quote="armed2010":8a056][quote="Heidi":8a056][quote="armed2010":8a056][quote="Heidi":8a056][quote="armed2010":8a056]Carico, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I incorrectly listed that describes humans.

Do you think it's "morally correct" for dogs to have sex with cats? So if we're animals, then what do morals have to do with our sex lives? :o[/quote:8a056]

Sorry Heidi, but I've clearly laid out a list that I'd like you to analyze, and I'm not going to let you simply swerve the topic away from that and into something entirely different that I havn't even touched upon. You are saying that Humans are not animals, so please tell me which of the things I listed incorrectly describe a human.[/quote:8a056]

Actually, it is who who are evading the issue. Once you answer my question, then yours will be answered as well. And the reason for that is that you can look inside the bodies of animans and humans and find correlations all you want, but you can never understand that there is a difference bewteen animals and humans until you look at the realities of our differences. And the very fact that animals don't have morals because they are unable to understand morals, but humans do shows a very big difference between humans, and not just one species of animal, but all animals. :)[/quote:8a056]

Thus, I ask you again, as I have been asking you since the earlier page where I gave you a complete lay out of how humans are classified, please tell me which of the things I have listed incorrectly describe a human.[/quote:8a056]

And because you don't realize that, then your questions are therefore, moot. It doesn't mean a hill of beans if you see similarities between humans and animals in a laboratory if you cannot see the things which separate us from all animals. Once again, too much analyzing of the trees obscures the forest completely. And since you don't understand that either, then you and I will never agree on this. ;-)[/quote:8a056]

Heidi, I never said that we are exactly the same as other SPECIES, I said that we share the same characteristics with other ANIMALS. I.E., we share the basic criteria of Kingdom Animalia with others in Kingdom Animalia. Ofourse we are different from other creatures though, there are thousands of different species on this planet that are different from each other. We are different from chimps, chimps are different from dolphins, etc.

Heidi said:
So why classify us as animals at all? :o What's the purpose? Any child can tell the difference between animals and humans. Only evolutionists appear to have trouble differentiating between them. :)

Any child can see the difference between cats and dogs too, but that doesn't mean they're not both animals.

The definition of an animal is "A living organism characterised by voluntary movement'. That's it.

So. When scientists say "Are we an animal?", they do a check list.
-Are we a living organism? Check.
-Can we voluntarily move? Check.
That's all they mean when they say animal.

Back