Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Alcohol in Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
researcher said:
Panin said:
The bible tells us about a conspiracy. Not a theory, a fact. The information about the conspriacy that is unfolding, right in front of your eye right now is not forsale, but it is freely available should you ever decide to wake up and stop drinking beer and have a look around.

In the meant time have a nice sleep.

PS - Satan is useing the information that is available, before our very eyes to lead people to himself, including Christians, very very effectively. Christians ought to be doing likewise IE using this information to lead people to Christ. Its not a theory man, its happening.

Have any of you seen what people like Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell and David Icke are doing in order to eradicate the bible in the minds of people, and in turn lead them to satan.

Have a look around mate, have a beer while your at it.

Pass

Great comeback.

I've seen thousands of people's lives and families destroyed by alcohol.

This is what I have a problem with. Alcohol is an inanimate object, it destroys no one. It is the actions of the PERSON. We are so quick to blame the bottle rather then ourselves. Do we blame spoond when we get fat? or do we blame BerettaInc. for murder?

Alcohol and drugs simply DONT have a cognition to take over your own you force you to do inheritanly negative or evil things. If your family break up because you drink, its not the beers fault. trust me on this, with a person behind it, alcohol just sits there on the self doing nothing.

Its interesting to think that yeast digesting sugar, resulting in alcohol is a product of un holiness some how, or so you say. There are plenty of chemicals out there that alter our body more the alcohol yet it is seen as perfectly fine.

Its not about the chemicals, its about addiction. Being addicted to anything is bad, alcoholism is surly a sin before God, but the actual consumption of alcohol a sin? I don't buy that for a second.

2 , 3 beers - Fine

A life style of addiction - goes against God.

ChevyRodeo said:
Its not about the chemicals, its about addiction. Being addicted to anything is bad, alcoholism is surly a sin before God, but the actual consumption of alcohol a sin? I don't buy that for a second.

2 , 3 beers - Fine

A life style of addiction - goes against God.

Yes. A Christian should be able to drink what his faith covers with no condemnation. Jesus drank. So did others in the Bible (Noah, Lot).

It says don't be "drunk," not "don't drink."

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

And this verse speaks to a person being continually drunk (a drunkard)

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Drink what you like, Chevy. I certainly won't condemn you. ;) Last thing I want to be like is the pharisees who condemned Jesus for how he lived. ;) :biggrin

Heck, i'd probably have one with you if you were close by, lol. ;) ;) ;)

Abstinence from Alcohol

Panin said:
Eze 44:21 Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

Im an alcoholic and a Christian, I cant drink safely without getting drunk, therfore total abstinece is my only option.

That said, I believe Chistians are priests, of a royal Priesthood, and we have entered into the inner court permanetly. Therfore we shall not drink wine.

Beer is a brawler and wine is a mocker.

The only option for me is abstinence too. I have to avoid places where alcohol is being served. I even avoid the isles at the store where the alcohol is. I get tempted with just the sight of the glamerous bottles ....

RND said:
Here's an excellent read on wine in the Bible:

Thanks for posting the link! I read most of the article and saved it for future reference. Seems to make good sense ... I've always wondered how Jesus could make intoxicating wine, which would lead to people becoming drunk, and quite possibly lead people to commit acts of licentiousness.

And then there are so many scriptures speaking out against drinking ....

Abstinence from Alcohol ...

Proverbs 20:1

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler;
whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

We see so many examples of this scripture being fulfilled .... Literally millions of people being led astray all around the world ..... I read a really good article in National Geographic about the problems with alcohol.

One interesting event that happened, I believe in Mexico (Central or South America?) -- a town was having serious problems with the men drinking so much, they were fighting, breaking up the town, beating their wives, not working ....

The problems continued to get much worse ... So, the women in the town took it upon themselves to take back their town ... !!!

The women got the police to get serious and crack down on those who were drunk and disorderly, and lock up those who were causing trouble. The women lobbied for prohibition, and got the law passed in their town! Alcohol cannot be sold in their town, or consumed.

The results? The town has become a sober, peaceful town once again, with the men settled down, working to support their families!

I don't think that we will ever see prohibition again in the United States, but Christians should seriously consider their use of alcohol. I've been there, addicted to the stuff, and ended up a wino on the streets, a complete disgrace to everyone, only living for the bottle. And I'm not alone ... Alcohol causing much damage to millions -- destroyed lives, broken families, thousands killed from drunk drivers, millions of adults and children abused by people under the influence of alcohol.

I've witnessed much abuse myself -- family, friends, neighbors, and thousands who enter various programs to get help from their addictions. I've heard hundreds of personal stories, and been involved with helping thousands of people to find relief from their addictions to alcohol.

If you try to justify drinking alcohol, do you really think that God is pleased? If so, what about drinking alcohol in church? Is that ok? What about drinking alcohol while praying, or reading the Bible? During Bible studies?

As Christians, the best thing for us to do is to stay away from alcohol. Christians drinking alcohol only set a bad example for other, and cause others to stumble. You can try to hide the stuff, and keep it a secret that you drink alcohol, but not for long. And what kind of enjoyment do you really get from drinking in hiding? Is that really pleasing to God?

I've always wondered how Jesus could make intoxicating wine, which would lead to people becoming drunk

Jesus made intoxicating wine. Some people change the Bible to suit their own beliefs as did the writers of the article.

Joh 2:1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
Joh 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
Joh 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
Joh 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Joh 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Joh 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
Joh 2:7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
Joh 2:8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
Joh 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
Joh 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The Greek word used for "drunk" in John 2:10 means "to intoxicate"

Drunk
G3182
???????
methusk?
meth-oos'-ko
A prolonged (transitive) form of G3184; to intoxicate: - be drunk (-en).

G3184
?????
methu?
meth-oo'-o
From another form of G3178; to drink to intoxication, that is, get drunk: - drink well, make (be) drunk (-en).

Jesus made very good, intoxicating wine, as the governor of the feast said.

vja4Him said:
RND said:
Here's an excellent read on wine in the Bible:

Thanks for posting the link! I read most of the article and saved it for future reference. Seems to make good sense ... I've always wondered how Jesus could make intoxicating wine, which would lead to people becoming drunk, and quite possibly lead people to commit acts of licentiousness.

And then there are so many scriptures speaking out against drinking ....
You're welcome.

In my situation I must say that without alcohol I may never have found salvation through Christ. I let alcohol ruin me for about 10 years, to the point where I was suicidal. I stopped and cried out to Jesus and the next night He visited me! So, in a way, I thank God for alcohol.
But..
The Lord told me not to drink again and be good. I have tried and tried but my flesh wants it so bad sometimes that I have drank and to the point of being ill again. So for me, no alcohol is the best way for a Christian unless it is total moderation, which is something I would love to be able to do one day.
I also feel that if you drink alcohol regulary to the point of being drunk, it not only damages your body and mind but also your spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit cannot indwell in those who are drunk and it could well open up the doorway to the devil and his demons to start their work.
In my case, I want to conquer the stuff not be afraid, I want to be able to drink ocassionally and in moderation but it will always be a risk for me plus, the Lord told me not to drink so I try not to..

Steve76 said:
In my situation I must say that without alcohol I may never have found salvation through Christ. I let alcohol ruin me for about 10 years, to the point where I was suicidal. I stopped and cried out to Jesus and the next night He visited me! So, in a way, I thank God for alcohol.
Wow! Just how faster you may have found Him had you never started.

But..
The Lord told me not to drink again and be good. I have tried and tried but my flesh wants it so bad sometimes that I have drank and to the point of being ill again. So for me, no alcohol is the best way for a Christian unless it is total moderation, which is something I would love to be able to do one day.
I also feel that if you drink alcohol regulary to the point of being drunk, it not only damages your body and mind but also your spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit cannot indwell in those who are drunk and it could well open up the doorway to the devil and his demons to start their work.
In my case, I want to conquer the stuff not be afraid, I want to be able to drink ocassionally and in moderation but it will always be a risk for me plus,
Even one drink can begin to lower the inhibitions and give the devil invitation to visit.

the Lord told me not to drink so I try not to..
That's just it....if we try our efforts will always fail. We must trust in and rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us.

I :pray The Lord will help you to overcome.

Steve76 said:
But..
In my case, I want to conquer the stuff not be afraid, I want to be able to drink ocassionally and in moderation but it will always be a risk for me plus, the Lord told me not to drink so I try not to..
Great to hear that the Lord delivered you from being abused by alcohol. Your story reminded me of Job.

I will be praying for your future struggles with the temptation of alcohol.

Well, I don't drink ( I'm new to the forums btw) and I had one sip of hard alcohol; it was very disgusting. I did have shandy, a brand of beverage with alcohol in it, consuming many of the beverage, but never getting drunk. With 2% alcohol I don't believe that is a possibility. Now, I want everyone to realize one thing; that is I am born again Christian. Before I rededicated my life to Christ, which happened over 2 weeks ago, I did that ( I was a christian but did not know how to properly live it; and where I visited for that Christmas, it was a custom to consume alcohol - a family custom). Maybe quoting a pile of scriptures that may support the consuming of alcohol works for one, but how about today's culture, where alcohol has been drafted into poor lifestyles that support everything God is against - don't ask what that is because none of us here are daft, we see it on television all the time.

I have an uncle who spends his last pennies on alcohol. He is a drunk. His origin for the beverage began like many, drinking for fun because he likes it. Then he started having problems. Alcohol soothed him for a moment. He needed more of that feeling. Why couldn't he get this feeling from soda and peanut butter? Well for one thing, beer makes you feel better because it is an anti-depressant. He needed to stop his depression.

My point, even though scripture says that it is in no way a sin to consume alcohol, I'd keep it on the safe side and not consume it at all. Because habits can form very fast, and when they do, breaking them is harder to do.

Carpathian said:
Well, I don't drink ( I'm new to the forums btw) and I had one sip of hard alcohol; it was very disgusting. I did have shandy, a brand of beverage with alcohol in it, consuming many of the beverage, but never getting drunk. With 2% alcohol I don't believe that is a possibility. Now, I want everyone to realize one thing; that is I am born again Christian. Before I rededicated my life to Christ, which happened over 2 weeks ago, I did that ( I was a christian but did not know how to properly live it; and where I visited for that Christmas, it was a custom to consume alcohol - a family custom). Maybe quoting a pile of scriptures that may support the consuming of alcohol works for one, but how about today's culture, where alcohol has been drafted into poor lifestyles that support everything God is against - don't ask what that is because none of us here are daft, we see it on television all the time.

I have an uncle who spends his last pennies on alcohol. He is a drunk. His origin for the beverage began like many, drinking for fun because he likes it. Then he started having problems. Alcohol soothed him for a moment. He needed more of that feeling. Why couldn't he get this feeling from soda and peanut butter? Well for one thing, beer makes you feel better because it is an anti-depressant. He needed to stop his depression.

My point, even though scripture says that it is in no way a sin to consume alcohol, I'd keep it on the safe side and not consume it at all. Because habits can form very fast, and when they do, breaking them is harder to do.
:clap i can see this happening alot.

Carpathian said:

Apparently alcohol is a depressant, not an anti depressant. All alcoholics suffer with depression, even recovering alcoholics who have stopped drinking. Alcohol is not good. Period.

If Jesus invited me to a booze up, where he was going to turn water into alcoholic wine I wouldnt go.

Panin said:
Apparently alcohol is a depressant, not an anti depressant. All alcoholics suffer with depression, even recovering alcoholics who have stopped drinking.
Very true.

Panin said:
Carpathian said:

Apparently alcohol is a depressant, not an anti depressant. All alcoholics suffer with depression, even recovering alcoholics who have stopped drinking. Alcohol is not good. Period.

If Jesus invited me to a booze up, where he was going to turn water into alcoholic wine I wouldnt go.
I like that :) But I doubt He'd invite you to something as self destructive as a booze out.

jasoncran said:
Carpathian said:

:clap i can see this happening alot.
You know the sad part is, they "never see it coming". :confused

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back