Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Alcohol is Satan's chief tool in the highway to hell.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Soma-Sight

Consumption of alcohol is a sin and Jesus drank wine that was watered down to an extreme degree.

ALCOHOL IS A SCOURGE AND PLAGUE ON SOCIETY AND DRINKING IT IN MY OPINION IS JOINING HAND IN HAND WITH DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.....

NO GOOD COMES FROM DRINKING...... EVER..... THINK OF ONE TIME WHEN YOU DRANK AND GOOD RESULTS CAME FROM IT....

THINK OF ALL THE BAD TIMES - DEATH, ADDICTION, RUINED HOMES, INSANITY, WIFE BEATING, LYING, ADULTERY, IRRESPONSIBILITY, CIRHOSIS, HANGOVERS, FIGHTING, CURSING, CIGARETTE SMOKING, ETC, ETC, ETC THAT HAS RESULTED FROM ALCOHOL.....

ALCOHOL IS ONE OF SATAN'S GREATEST TOOLS IN THE LAST DAYS TO LEAD MAN ASTRAY (remember the wine of Babylon?) AND TRUE BELIEVERS IN THE WORD NEED TO STAND AGAINST THIS DEMONIC POISONING OF MAN!

Praise God, H'amen, Hallelujah, Glory to God!!!

Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

They dont mix well!

booze.jpg

Then my question is this: Why does God make all of Satan's tools?

And why would anyone think that something is Satan's, or even God's, tool by watching how people use it? *edit - supposing that "free will" exists, that neither God nor Satan force anyone to drink and become an alcoholic and whatnot*

You realize when you say that, you are saying that when Jesus turned water into wine that he was causing a lot of people to sin.
Be careful what you say, and do more research.

srry.. where does the bible say jesus drank watered down wine?

I think it would be wise to seriously consider not responding to this topic, anymore.

In the past Soma-Sight has posted topics with the obvious intent of pushing peoples buttons and flaring up emotional responses. Besides alcohol is already being discussed in another topic.

I think it would be wise to seriously consider not responding to this topic, anymore.

In the past Soma-Sight has posted topics with the obvious intent of pushing peoples buttons and flaring up emotional responses. Besides alcohol is already being discussed in another topic.

Alcohol is evil.

Period.

There is no flame here.

Give one instance where beer made anybody a better or more Godly person....... Still waiting...... :-?

TEN OBSERVATIONS OF ALCOHOL USE IN 27 YEARS OF LIFE ON EARTH

1. Causes fornication
2. " irresponsibility
3. " health problems
4. " fighting
5. " gossip
6. " drunk driver deaths
7. Leads to nicotine use
8. The chief area to drink is in the "sinner's hangouts" that David speaks of
9. Disturbs sleep patterns
10. Is a poison

HUGE difference between engaging in social drinking where you only have a couple of drinks, and getting drunk. Getting drunk is bad. Alcholism is bad. Drinking socially and in controlled moderation--nothing wrong with that.

HUGE difference between engaging in social drinking where you only have a couple of drinks, and getting drunk. Getting drunk is bad. Alcholism is bad. Drinking socially and in controlled moderation--nothing wrong with that.

Social drinking will always lead to overuse.

There is NO such things as a couple of drinks.

Drinking in moderation is a myth people use to justify an ungodly behaviour.

Social drinking ALWAYS leads to overuse? I am sorry but that isn't always true. By your way of thinking you would put Noah in hell for when he got drunk in Genesis. (sorry, I just had to say it). By the way I never drink.

For some, social drinking leads to overuse. I am evidence of that.

For some reason, back in Y2K, I started social drinking quite a bit with a group of [married] friends. I thought I could handle it just like anyone else, but I liked the way the alcohol lowered my inhibitions (I am normally fairly quiet and reserved), and I wanted to keep the 'buzz' going. But every time I tried to 'maintain' the buzz, it just led to a drunken stooper (I refer to it as my 'Y2K glitch'). I praise God that no harm came to me or my relationship with my wife during those dark times.

I have since seen the error of my ways, and have vowed to never again let myself act so foolish. Ever. And that means no more social drinking. I don't like the taste of beer or wine anyway, so it really isn't hard for me. I have just learned to say 'no' when someone offers to order (or make) a mixed drink for me.

Some people like the taste of beer and wine, and if they can keep things from getting out of hand; I don't see a problem with it... but there is always the possibility of drinking one too many -- and I have seen it happen way too often.

So based on my own experience, I would agree that alcohol is just one of Satan's tools to lead you down the wrong path.

Soma-Sight said:

So I take it you don't go outside much.

Oh and here's an example where alcohol improved someone, or at least did not degrade them: Ben Franklin. He drank in moderation and I would say that he was the greatest among our nation's founding fathers.

Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.

God made beer because he loves us and wants us to be happy.

Soma-Sight said:
TEN OBSERVATIONS OF ALCOHOL USE IN 27 YEARS OF LIFE ON EARTH

1. Causes fornication
2. " irresponsibility
3. " health problems
4. " fighting
5. " gossip
6. " drunk driver deaths
7. Leads to nicotine use
8. The chief area to drink is in the "sinner's hangouts" that David speaks of
9. Disturbs sleep patterns
10. Is a poison

One question, do you support a person's right to own guns? Because I think this goes along the same logic. Guns also lead to death but remember guns dont kill people, people kill people. like any drug, Alcohol should be used responsibly. You should never drink and drive or binge drink etc. If alcohol was so evil then why did Jesus turn water into wine? Why did jesus command his disciples to drink wine in rememberance of him? (sorry it was not grape juice). what is a sinner hangout? Arent we all sinners? Doesnt that mean that every place is a sinner's hangout? Have you ever drank alcohol? It def. does not disturb sleep patterns :).

This thread about alcohol reminds me of the thread I had a few days back on salt. If you want to see the medical establishment hiss and cringe like Dracula does with garlic, then just say to them that you are not restricting your salt intake. :-D They are wrong because the bible teaches salt is good.

The same can be said of wine. It was considered a clean food allowed by the Israelites. The only danger was excess. Jesus drank wine, and yes, the translation really means wine.

Re: Alcohol is Satan's chief tool in the highway to hell....

Soma-Sight said:
Consumption of alcohol is a sin and Jesus drank wine that was watered down to an extreme degree.

Proof? If anything the wine was stronger then it is today...

Soma-Sight said:

So anytime a person drinks, they drink to get drunk or buzzed?

I have one or two beers all the time and leave it at that. Sometimes it goes really well with a meal. I'm sorry you don't enjoy the taste of alcohol, but that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't- and so the only reason you can understand for drinking is to get drunk.

Soma-Sight said:
Alcohol is evil.

Period.

There is no flame here.

Give one instance where beer made anybody a better or more Godly person....... Still waiting...... :-?

Jesus drank wine.

In fact, beer was about the only thing people could drink in many places in the past. People din't get water from filtered, chemically treated water plants, they got it from a lake or river. By making beer, they made a drink that was preserved from contaimination and safe.

I'd rather have beer than have diahrea. A lot of the early American colonists died of horrible, water-born diseases that could have been prevented if they drank and made beer. In fact, the Puritans settled at Plymoth Rock because they were out of beer. Not because they were a bunch of drunkards, but because that was the only safe thing to drink.

So anytime a person drinks, they drink to get drunk or buzzed?

I have one or two beers all the time and leave it at that. Sometimes it goes really well with a meal. I'm sorry you don't enjoy the taste of alcohol, but that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't- and so the only reason you can understand for drinking is to get drunk.

A slow poisoning.....

Its a sin.

One or two beers leads to more at some point in your life.(if it has not already)

Drinking alcohol is a sin plain and simple.
No good ever comes from it.

Ever.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back